Author Topic: speculation on the finale  (Read 64057 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: speculation on the finale
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2007, 09:25:20 PM »
I take it you are also praying for a miracle this Sunday?
It just dawned me on now that the probability of the boot list being wrong is like 0.1% ....whatever, stranger things have happened.

I'm wondering why we got no shots of D/K from end city
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:44:43 PM by Michael D »

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2007, 02:03:57 AM »
I am more than praying for a miracle this Sunday! If Charla and Mirna win.. I will scream constantly, run out onto the street and start hugging random people, then i owuld come back inside and stare at a photo of C/M whilst laughing crazily  :lol3: :(

Honestly though, the worst case scenario for me is that C/M are winning the entire leg, and only just get beat at the very end. I would.. collapse :groan: :'(

And honestly though, i dont see the boot-list as a fact. I know it's been accruate so far, but we cant know for sure until we see it happen. You never know, and i have all y fingers and toes crossed  :jam:

(PS. I'd still be happy for Eric and Dani IF they win.. id just cry for my beloved C/M :'()

Offline oceanice

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2007, 06:45:37 AM »
Hi everyone! Kinda late to join this forum because TAR All-Stars is almost at its end. Anyway, I'm excited for the finale this coming Sunday... I hope Dustin and Kandice will win this season. They're my favorites!! That's why I'm rooting for them. I really do hope they will win. ;D

Offline chris_oclc

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • suckeisha sucks
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2007, 07:05:01 AM »
hey guys! i'm chris, from the philippines...i just want to say reading your forum has been great and i always read it every week to keep updated on what could happen next and most of your spoilers were accurate and did came true... i hope that next season i can post more and join in speculating.... i'm really a big AR fan and this for me is the best season... i'm a BIG dustin and kandice fan, they're the best all-female team and i'd really like them to win it so bad..hehe
cigi

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »
Hello chris_oclc and oceanice! Welcome to RFF :D

I am also (clearly) rooting for the BQs to win! Hopefully they are the kind of team to accept 2nd place with a smile kind of like Teri and Ian in TAR2 and just be proud that they got that far. That would be nice :D
(well, hopefully they WIN!)

:ya3:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:23:21 AM by Michael D »

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2007, 12:43:32 PM »
Michael, you are not the only one who doesn't believe the boot list, I'm with you too!  :waves:

After seeing all the episodes, I think many viewers will be pissed if D/K don't win because they are getting the best edit among all teams, AND E/D are clearly the most hated team.  (:;) So I also keep the hope that the boot list may be wrong and D/K finally win. Maybe E/D just arrive the final task first but D/K catch up and finish it faster and beat them like what BJ/Tyler did in TAR9? Just keep my hope for it...

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
Re: Speculation for EP12
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2007, 01:23:38 PM »
I mean really.  No offense to you kid.  I can understand people not liking hte team (after all we all have different taste).

But they have had a lot of luck, a lot of bad luck.

Lets see.

1.  First team ever pulled off a plane in the 11 seasons of the race (they conceivable could have finished first for that leg, but afterwards at best 5th.
2.  One of two teams that with provided tickets to ever miss the provided connection, putting them 12 hours back (still finished hte tasks the 2cd fastest of the 6 teams).
3.  Yielded Twice (only the 2cd time that has ever happened Weavers 1st).
4.  Only team to ever be Yielded in a leg and have a penalty placed on that same leg, and even with penalty finished the leg faster then probably ever team (will have to check that out).

AARRRGGGHHH

First off I am not a kid, I'm 22, thank you very much. And second that sure as hell is luck, they have been thrown every bad situation in the world and manage to get by week after week. That's luck if you ask me. I just think that Dustin and Kandice deserve to win. But even if you run a near perfect race, like the BQ's have, it doesn't matter because winning this show means you need to have a lot of things go your way. Bad luck or not, they are lucky because they have some how managed to stay around despite all the misfortunes.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »
Look puddin and papi

our teams get a long:

:yess:

I'm guessing C/M don't make it on the same flight as them?

Do we KNOW this isnt the plane to San Fran?  Why would they be so happy to be the only teams on a fligh to hawaii.  Danielle and Eric seem ahead in Hawaii so they would be on fist as the BQ's come in a high five each other in a two way race, with the fat rat and the hypocrite having no chance.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2007, 02:21:41 PM »
there is nothing that show Eric and Danielle as being ahead din Hawaii is there?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2007, 02:48:36 PM »
This isn't sucks or Twop's or tarflies, if you want to slander the contestants by calling them names this is the place to do it. Root for who you want but I won't tolerate name calling. Don't hate the players hate the game.
Fair warning
with that........
ERIC & DANILLEEEEEEEE FOR THE WIN  :wohoo:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2007, 02:51:48 PM »
Good warning puddin, I said it once I'll say it again: the fact that you don't want a team to win does not mean you should automatically hate them for reasons that make you seem insane.

bah, my firefox spell checker always corrects your name to "pudding"

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2007, 10:57:21 PM »
(I can't paste the picture and quote above from Michael for some reason)
It's an interesting point. We know from other spoilers that the two teams took a later 747 into Hawaii. Would they be high-fiving just for getting a more comfortable flight? I've been trying to match the interior to a 747-200 without much luck. Maybe it's the flight out of Hawaii.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2007, 11:03:27 PM »
Danielle looks fresh so I was thinking the flight out of Guam ..

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2007, 11:04:40 PM »
Yeah - and Dustin and Kandice are wearing the same clothes that we see them wearing when they rip open the clue (it was in one of the screencaps from the web promo)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2007, 06:16:25 AM »
(I can't paste the picture and quote above from Michael for some reason)
It's an interesting point. We know from other spoilers that the two teams took a later 747 into Hawaii. Would they be high-fiving just for getting a more comfortable flight? I've been trying to match the interior to a 747-200 without much luck. Maybe it's the flight out of Hawaii.

Maybe they are high fiving because they think they ditched Schmirna.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Speculation for EP12
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2007, 10:08:22 AM »
I mean really.  No offense to you kid.  I can understand people not liking hte team (after all we all have different taste).

But they have had a lot of luck, a lot of bad luck.

Lets see.

1.  First team ever pulled off a plane in the 11 seasons of the race (they conceivable could have finished first for that leg, but afterwards at best 5th.
2.  One of two teams that with provided tickets to ever miss the provided connection, putting them 12 hours back (still finished hte tasks the 2cd fastest of the 6 teams).
3.  Yielded Twice (only the 2cd time that has ever happened Weavers 1st).
4.  Only team to ever be Yielded in a leg and have a penalty placed on that same leg, and even with penalty finished the leg faster then probably ever team (will have to check that out).

AARRRGGGHHH

First off I am not a kid, I'm 22, thank you very much. And second that sure as hell is luck, they have been thrown every bad situation in the world and manage to get by week after week. That's luck if you ask me. I just think that Dustin and Kandice deserve to win. But even if you run a near perfect race, like the BQ's have, it doesn't matter because winning this show means you need to have a lot of things go your way. Bad luck or not, they are lucky because they have some how managed to stay around despite all the misfortunes.

Sorry about the kid comment.

But to me luck is a factor for things out of your control.  Cabs who get you lost, getting yielded, getting bad info for navigation, plane problems outside your control.

Performance of tasks and being able to follow clues in my eyes are how well you perform, the things that you have the most control over.

And for instance the 2 biggest factors (or the two most common) factors in that are getting a bad cab (either a slow cab or one that takes you to the wrong place after saying they know it) and getting bad information from locals.  But it both of those you generally have a the possability of being able to correct them.  Take Dustin & Kandice who switched cabs in leg 11 (thats the correct thing to do) while Oswald & Danny kept the same driver they were having problems communiacting with (what you don't do).  And generally those erors cost teams anywhere between 5 minutes to 1 or two hours.

See I consider Dustin & Kandice to be luckier.

For example in three legs (in a row) they didn't follow the instructions of the clue (their mistake, one they had control over).  BUt they had good luck that they occured either right before equilizer's in two cases.  And in the one where they skipped a route marker, right near the Pit Stop (less then 5 miles). Can you imagine if that same error occured at the start of a leg, or even at the start of their new destination city.  Or if Phil required tehm to go back and actually perform the task in order.

Basically to me are Eric & Danielle still in the race because of luck or in spite of luck?

Offline thats right

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2007, 01:00:54 PM »
Let's clear something up. Eric & Danielle did not have to take the provided tickets to Poland. They were at the very same travel agency that Charla, Mirna, Danny, and Oswald got their tickets to Poland that arrived less than an hour after Dustin & Kandice. That is not bad luck, it's carelessness. Better tickets were obviously available.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2007, 02:28:12 PM »
Let's clear something up. Eric & Danielle did not have to take the provided tickets to Poland. They were at the very same travel agency that Charla, Mirna, Danny, and Oswald got their tickets to Poland that arrived less than an hour after Dustin & Kandice. That is not bad luck, it's carelessness. Better tickets were obviously available.

Obviously they tried getting onto other flights, it was all booked - that is not their fault.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2007, 05:53:09 PM »

Obviously they tried getting onto other flights, it was all booked - that is not their fault.

Yes it is, had they waited with Ozzy and Danny and Charla and Mirna it was liklly they would have been on with them.   It was obvious the ticket agents in Zazinbar were not very good.  It was stupidity.  Even if thing were booked you should never just settle for the worst flight like they did!  Seconly your point was never ever made obvious in the episode it more looked like they just gave up.  Just like how my point of from the previews Derick seem to be in first place has no proff!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2007, 05:55:01 PM »
asamber1 - C/M and D/O where at that agent for I think four hours or something like that, they had to work hard to get these two teams onto that flight, by the time E/D got there it was already booked.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2007, 10:07:27 PM »
What does Kandice think of the boot-list?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2007, 11:18:27 PM »
 :beer:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline iargyrop

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • My favorite all star team
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2007, 01:55:17 AM »
All I know is that I want the bootlist to be right. Plus I remember something my om would tell me when I was young. "You can know someone your whole life without really knowing them, bbut you can also know someone for 6 months and know a lot about them." Thus, for me at least the question is do two cousins who have known eachother their whole lives know eachother better than a couple that has been dating??? I would never date someone without knowing things about them, so I think Eric and Danielle have a good chance of winning in that task.

Offline thats right

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2007, 08:24:34 AM »
asamber1 - C/M and D/O where at that agent for I think four hours or something like that, they had to work hard to get these two teams onto that flight, by the time E/D got there it was already booked.

Wrong. The ticket agent said something like "Oh, one just opened up" shortly after Eric and Danielle ended up leaving the agency. That's when the two teams got their flight.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2007, 05:33:20 PM »

Wrong. The ticket agent said something like "Oh, one just opened up" shortly after Eric and Danielle ended up leaving the agency. That's when the two teams got their flight.

CORRECT!!!  Eric and Danielle left [fighting like what else to they do, they have their great "fake" relationship] before CM and OD got tickets!

You would think they would try to say Danielle/Eric were at least Long Distance Daters?