Author Topic: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."  (Read 120023 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2007, 05:14:17 PM »
Good job you two!!  :jumpy:
I hate hours of operation  :knuckles: .. the Cha's should be behind the other teams at least an hour and a half from the time they leave the Taipa Macau pitstop. I guess thats why they were seen with Phil at the Ferry?

Didn't apskip or someone tell us the earliest flight? Maybe Phil was in no rush that day because there was no earlier flight for him to zip away on...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »
Great work Sups!

I found the location in Google Earth.  First image is tilt back to show how this one matches the scene int he various teams confessionals.  Then the next images zoom out to reveal the raodway that has a car going by in the confessional.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2007, 06:37:58 PM »
Continuing...

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2007, 06:38:24 PM »
Continuing...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2007, 06:52:41 PM »
Wow Chateau--those are great!  :yourock:

I think that this is that general view.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:08:18 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2007, 07:04:44 PM »
Another photo:

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:36:27 PM by Michael D »

Offline mrspreacher

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2007, 07:44:26 PM »
I heard back from my Source.  It is not a lot of specific info but I hope it helps. 

"I don't know any specific times. It was morning I think, I remember her telling me that she and the other drivers went to lunch after they were done. My friend is a woman. I believe my friend drove them to one destination on base, dropped one girl off (sorry, I have no idea which one, she'd never watched the show before and didn't know who they were.) Then she drove the other girl to another place on base, picked the first girl up, and drove them back off of base. I think they were in rental cars. I have no idea if they did anything off of the base, they just needed drivers to be allowed on the base because they don't have military ID's. Hope this helps!!"

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »
Thanks mrspreacher, your posts are really helping out a lot, YOU ROCK!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2007, 08:02:42 PM »
 :ty3: Thanks, MrsPreacher. From your description it sounds like the Roadblock (jungle walk). One person does the walk while the other waits at a pre-designated spot.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »
Thank you MrsPreacher for doing all of that! :waves:

Every little bit helps--we never know when that one piece of info will make a big difference.

We really appreciate it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2007, 08:19:23 PM »
Your a sweetheart mrspreacher  :hearts:!! Good job Everyone!! Fantastic detective work hakushu8 !! :yourock:  :jumpy:

OK I started working on this and am trying to get all the info into one post ( will add/update here and there )

Clues:
 "Oh My God, the Teletubbies Go To War" --
THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE IS WITHIN REACH FOR THE FINAL FOUR TEAMS AND, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN RACE HISTORY, TWO ALL-FEMALE TEAMS VIE FOR SPOTS IN THE FINAL THREE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS," SUNDAY, APRIL 29

* While one team is overcome with feelings of patriotism at the U.S. military bases on Guam,
* While in Guam, one Team is overcome by feelings of patriotism while visiting the U.S. military bases
* one person is filled with sadness, beleiveing she'll be the reason for her teams demise.

* Marked for elimination, Oswald & Danny are forced to lay it all on the line. Will this fabulous duo rise to the occasion and make it to the final three?
* Not even the thrill of zero gravity can stop one racer from urging the crew of the plane to, race faster!
* Not even the thrill of zero gravity can stop one Racer from urging the crew of the plane to race faster

mrspreacher:
*A friend of mine was selected to be a driver for the teams that came to the naval base.
*The Beauty Queens were the first to arrive at the base, and this is who my friend drove.
*I believe they were the first to finish here as well. I have no idea whether all the teams came to the naval base or if they had the choice to go to the air force base.
*From the previews for next week, I'm pretty sure that Eric & Danielle also came to the naval base, and the Charla & Mirna were at the Air Force Base.
*The challenge on the Naval base involved a run through a jungle, and a short helicopter ride, I think.
*The challenge at the Air Force base, is part of a toy drop that Guam participates in every December, where they fly donated toys to nearby islands. I really have no idea how any of them did overall here. Hope this helps a little! "

12. (introflash)  flipper

:bar:
Airports~

Detour's /Andersen Air Force Base
Boingo: Looks like BVM & TAR hooked into the annual Christmas (humanitarian) airdrop from Guam to some Pacific islands (albeit a few weeks earlier for TAR).  Andersen AFB was a participant last year.
Christmas Drop    :plane:   :chute:

Slowhatch:I would guess, then, that the jungle walk is in the central or southern part of the island. It's a popular training program; I found this page (source) from an AF gallery about jungle training.

17.(introflash)

Chateau d if This shot was taken between 8:08 and 8:18 am (assumes December 15th)

Eric & Dee
BQ's
Roadblock/Naval Guam Base
Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 11:50 am and 12:50 pm (assumes December 15th) Danielle
Oswald
Dustin

Charla

?? 8. Chateau d if : The chopper is American, as US Navyar
Clue box~
supsandalee: This is the War of Pacific Historical Park. I looked for it after hakushu8's lead. Thanks hakushu8!

Pitstop/Historical Park, Asan, Guam ??

Misc~

Amazing Race Detective teamwork!!

link to the video promos
Promo 1

Promo 2
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:26:37 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2007, 08:56:32 PM »
Well I'm just getting back to this. Not trying to play the devils advocate but I didn't think that the D/O shot at the War in the Pacific Park would be right at the pitstop. They wouldn't be picking up a clue that would say run to the pitstop which was just a few feet away ---- would they?????

I know that the road in the background would fit but am I missing something else here?  ???

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2007, 09:35:14 PM »
Well I'm just getting back to this. Not trying to play the devils advocate but I didn't think that the D/O shot at the War in the Pacific Park would be right at the pitstop. They wouldn't be picking up a clue that would say run to the pitstop which was just a few feet away ---- would they?????

I know that the road in the background would fit but am I missing something else here?  ???

In Poland there was a clue at the Palace saying "search for the next pit stop in the palace grounds", so it can be another situation like that.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2007, 09:43:38 PM »
Holy crap, is that Kandice?   :js:

This shot was taken between 8:08 and 8:18 am (assumes December 15th)

The time comes from solar altitude.  So that means there could be a "4:17 pm" time that looks the same.
But, I was able to determine that the C-17s are parked in a certain part of the airbase and they always are pointed northeast or northwest.
The shadow goes from left to right (image is not inverted thanks to Mirna's watch on her left arm).
Given the parking arrangements of the C-17s, the only way that can happen is in the morning.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »
Yes it is!
Chateau, thanks for all these times. Does it take you a long time to figure all of this stuff out?

Are we thinking the detour or RB comes first?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:54:29 PM by Michael D »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2007, 09:53:05 PM »
I wonder if she packed her bikini for the race!  No wonder the no begging for $ rule.

The first time for a given location takes the longest.  It's faster after that because I can use the same settings.  But some of these shots are tricky and require  additional research.  Some get into 3D thinking and that's another matter.   ;D

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2007, 10:04:29 PM »
Detour First (?) :

C/M are seen at detour at 8:08 - 8 18 AM. There are other shots of them however that look like it is later on in the day, which means they can't have gone to the pit stop AFTER the detour:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4347/00304-24-2007.jpg (mystery location?)

Chateau, is there anyway you can tell the time on this shot of Charla, who is doing the RB I believe:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3628/00324-24-2007.jpg
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:24:55 PM by Michael D »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2007, 11:06:59 PM »
I'm having some doubts about an actual Christmas drop. The nearest neighbor, Rota, is 45 miles away; even the shortest hop would eat up valuable racing time. But I could get behind an "amazing" drop where racers pack the food (Charla's carrying a rice bag) and drop it on a practice run to collect their clue.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2007, 11:07:21 PM »
C/M are seen at detour at 8:08 - 8 18 AM. There are other shots of them however that look like it is later on in the day, which means they can't have gone to the pit stop AFTER the detour:

Can you paraphrase that?

On the Charla shot, no, I don't see anything to work with.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2007, 11:10:36 PM »
Sorry Chateau, what I meant is if the Detour comes 2nd (followed by the pit stop), the shots of C/M from later on in the day wouldn't make sense, would they?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2007, 11:18:12 PM »
I see.  So, yes, I would guess that the detour does not come second.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2007, 11:22:44 PM »
I get the scrubbing task: slickers, wet broom, splash faceguard, etc. But I'm not sure what's in the background: sculpture? optical illusion?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2007, 12:36:21 AM »
Bribe for Chateau..I'll trade you a picture of Kandice for some pitstop confessional time/guess's :luvu:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:19:00 AM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2007, 12:49:24 AM »
..... :snicker: smooth puddin

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2007, 01:16:22 AM »
Chateau d If
But, I was able to determine that the C-17s are parked in a certain part of the airbase and they always are pointed northeast or northwest.
The shadow goes from left to right (image is not inverted thanks to Mirna's watch on her left arm).
Given the parking arrangements of the C-17s, the only way that can happen is in the morning.

Those aircraft aren't the C-17's.  They are C-5 Galaxy's.  The nose of the aircraft is a giveaway,  it sticks out a lot farther (it opens up for front cargo loading), than the C-17.   The aircraft to the left of the C-5's is a KC-10 tanker,  and the large aircraft on the other side of the base look like they're the B-52's.   I actually don't see any C-17's in the google earth picture. 
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.