Author Topic: Survivor 15 China  (Read 60205 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor 15 China
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
Those poor people  :'(

survivorskills gives us the filming date:

Shooting starts Monday, June 25, 2007.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2007, 10:01:59 PM »
ChynS posted this video link over at sucks--

It takes FOREVER to load but gives you a nice look at Zheling Lake! All in Chinese of course...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2007, 12:35:57 PM »
Ooops! Totally missed that one! :groan:

Crawls back into my TAR corner....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2007, 12:28:59 AM »
Heee... I think the fish died trying!

Lou Zhu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
US "Survivor" the 15th season begins shooting in the Jiujiang three-bristle cudrania forest lakeUS "Survivor" the 15th season begins shooting in the Jiujiang three-bristle cudrania forest lake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jiujiang news net 2007-06-15 19:05:16   

The Jiujiang news net news (Reporter Yu Chuanjian)on June 15 the morning, mays be called the American honorable person Xiu first ancestor "Survivor" the 15th season to begin shooting in the Jiujiang three-bristle cudrania forest lake. This is US has the entire season US soap opera to land for the first time in China. 15th season "Survivor" the photography base is located the three-bristle cudrania forest lake antler point scenic spot, the scope extends to Wuning County raises the continent township area.
"Survivor" the 15th season carries out producer Doug McCallie to say that, "The 15th season program photographs elects in Jiujiang city three-bristle cudrania Lin Hujiu to want the audience which the Jiujiang city beautiful lake and mountain scenery complementing each other, the local conditions and social customs takes to the world various countries. Jiujiang really was too beautiful!" "Survivor" the dramatic team will arrive at Jiujiang one after another in the beginning of April, the dramatic team carries on in Jiujiang three month-long photography work, participates in staff total 480 people which this program will photograph. In the play the actors all are an American, the 15th season program although still take "the survivor" as a subject, but the program emphasized is intimate with the nature, enters the nature, records the person and the nature harmonious coexistence life piece from various aspects. "Survivor" the 15th season estimated invests 300 million Yuan, this play biggest charm lies in does not have the director, not to have the script, all go by the real people facing each kind of real challenge, this kind of attraction is any Hollywood big piece institute does not have.

"Survivor" has promoted since 2000, the viewing ratio is continuously very irritable, the program causes the entire American 70 million audiences to be confined at home, animatedly dies stares at the television; It caused last year entire America movie box office at the most important summer large scale drop; It raises "television honorable person Xiu" in the whole world upsurge. "Survivor" therefore has so the big charm, lies in its content extremely to have the theatrical nature, it will challenge with is anxious merges into one organic whole. A challenge not only tests people's wisdom, the skill, the creativity, also is testing humanity's finally withstanding limit. In here, some does not stop argued, quarrels, manipulates strategically, has the victory the joy, also has the defeat depressed. Once some people said that, If the life is as though a play, then "Survivor" is this kind of play work best quality goods.

The municipal party committee members, propaganda Minister Feng Jing and the dramatic team staff takes a group photo

"Survivor" the 15th season carries out producer Doug McCallie to announce machine

The municipal party committee members, propaganda Minister Feng Jing and the producer cut the suckling pig to celebrate "Survivor" together to begin shooting

The dramatic team does in Rome as Rome does, the hold offers a sacrifice to does obeisance the ceremony

Begins shooting at the ceremony the Chinese and foreign friend kindly to converse

Jiujiang news net Reporter Yu Chuanjian absorbs

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2007, 09:08:20 AM »
Poor fish. I'd give it a go, I guess?

15TH SEASON OF AMERICAN SERIES "SURVIVOR" BEGINS PRODUCTION ON JIUJIANG'S ZHELIN LAKE
Jiujiang News Network (Yu Zhuanjian reporting) 2007-06-15 19:05:16   

Known as the pioneer of American reality television, the series "Survivor" begin production of its fifteenth season on the morning of June 15th, on the shores of Jiujiang's Zhelin Lake. This is America's first attempt at filming an entire series in China. Production will be based mainly at Lujiao (Deerhorn) Point on Zhelin Lake, but the filming area stretches up to Yangzhou in Wuning County.

Executive producer Doug McCallie notes, "We wish to bring the beautiful scenery of Jiujiang to our worldwide audience. Jiujiang is breathtaking!" The 480+ crew arrived in Jiujiang early this April, beginning three months of production. All actors [sic, or is it?] are American, and while the fifteenth season still revolves around the theme of "survival", it also focuses on everyday people "stepping into nature". [Huh?] The fifteenth season is estimated to cost Y300 000 000 [USD40 000 000], and the show's biggest draw is that it uses neither director nor script, relying instead on real people's reactions to real challenges, an aspect no Hollywood film can bring to the screen. [Going off-topic?]

Ratings have been phenomenal since "Survivor" begin airing in 2000, drawing 70 000 000 viewers from America alone. [Huh?] It has caused summer box-office receipts in America to drop dramatically [B:)], and started a wave of reality television shows sweeping around the world. [Heck, more hyperbole, I'm stopping here.]

Photo captions:
1. Group photo of the city council, production crew and chief of Promotion Board Feng Jing [Babelfish! Are you sure "promotion" translates into "propaganda"? Oh wait maybe it does.]
2. Executive producer Doug McCallie announces the beginning of production
3. A city council representative, chief of Promotion Board Feng Jing and executive producer Doug McCallie cutting a roasted pig to celebrate the beginning of production [old tradition]
4. Production crew taking part in a ceremonial ritual [another old filming tradition]
5. Discussion amongst friends from China and beyond

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2007, 09:19:25 AM »
Thanks Neobie:kissy:

Any words on if the floods had any effect here?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2007, 10:47:02 AM »
All actors [sic, or is it?] are American, and while the fifteenth season still revolves around the theme of "survival", it also focuses on everyday people "stepping into nature". [Huh?]
  :snicker:
Yes Neobie, actors ! or as we've come to know them, Mactors. For instance there is a rumored girl, somewhat famous in her own right, for the new season that was "sent" to the powers to be by request. Something along the lines of " send us someone that you think will make a good contestant on the show."

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »
All actors [sic, or is it?] are American, and while the fifteenth season still revolves around the theme of "survival", it also focuses on everyday people "stepping into nature". [Huh?]
  :snicker:
Yes Neobie, actors ! or as we've come to know them, Mactors. For instance there is a rumored girl, somewhat famous in her own right, for the new season that was "sent" to the powers to be by request. Something along the lines of " send us someone that you think will make a good contestant on the show."

my mistake
it was  done by cbs lol
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 06:44:52 PM by Kogs »

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2007, 02:49:28 AM »
" send us someone that you think will make a good contestant on the show."
spoiler tagged, highlight for text
Thats what they sent to Vince Mcmahon, hence Ashley Massaro will be involved
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 12:41:56 PM by puddin »
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2007, 12:43:26 AM »
An older article, translated:
Survivors" to China 

www.thebeijingnews.com · 2007-6-7 0:21:03

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2007, 01:02:51 AM »
fwiw:

(translated) http://www.51766.com/img/jztlh/

Zhelin Lake is Asia's largest dam -- Zhelin River dam repair interception (Jiangxi one of the five major river systems) and the formation of water of a freshwater lake.

She is located in Yongxiu County, Jiangxi Province west corner, north Garden City -- Nanchang 40 km, coastlines encompass her world famous -- Lushan 90 km, location advantages are obvious. Strong accessibility, transportation facilities : the Beijing - Kowloon Railway, the Changbei Airport, 105, State Road 316 scenic spots from the bottom 30 minutes away by car.

There is a magical landscape of gods prayers tree; Like the blue-and-Dishuidong Springs; The autobiographies of cranes dance rock; protracted and unstable, clear bottoming out of Taohuaxi; Bomo flying, grand and full of Ma Huang Jing sprinkler Falls; the water of small streams, perfume easy River Spa; weather-beaten, an evergreen Millennium Podocarpus; stay upright green yew; into the clouds, mysterious and unpredictable Peach Tsim ... is rich in natural landscape, people behold; 's wonderful natural landscape, let you really appreciate the constant motif in ancient charm.

Zhelin Lake stem Lin, full of spirituality; Zhelin Lake your imagination, the physical and mental well-being.
Zhelin Lake colorful natural resources, abundant, as a "rare objects."
Zhelin beautiful lake in the best interpretation, relatives and friends in Zhelin Lake is the best reproduction.

Barber, Zhelin Lake as a customs million girls, like the stem and tender, the world is made of elegant; Barber, Zhelin Lake also lively as a passionate young, emotional violence, demonstrated heroic qualities; Barber, Zhelin Lake also as a kind mother, soothe your soul, open your minds!

Barber, strides to come, Zhelin Lake is with open arms and open our hearts to hope with your most truthful, most pure intimate contact!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2007, 04:46:42 PM »
Puddin! This is fabulous! When have we EVER had such nice base camp pics?!

:wohoo:  :happy:

Great great find!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »
nevermind ..
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:20:58 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2007, 09:16:05 AM »
This is Russ Landau's Blog -- he is the Survivor music composer and is apparently over there searching out some appropriate Chinese sounds.

Might be interesting to follow along.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2007, 05:23:09 PM »
Blog mention of Survivor China filming
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2007, 04:24:54 PM »
Lots of good stuff here

Lions, Tigers and Dragons...

oh my!

http://www.survivorfever.net/s15_lions_tigers_dragons.html

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2007, 10:45:04 AM »
heres a web promo nothing spoilerish no cast just makes it exciting

http://www.cbs.com/innertube/?src=ext&vid=139199

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2007, 06:59:37 PM »
crap they were hard to capture :p
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor15/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »
oohh! Nice puddin! I'm actually looking forward to this to see the scenery!

And Survivorfever has a great story about Vern getting production camp photos! See it HERE.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2007, 03:13:08 PM »
This guy had a fun time during the filming of Survivor China

http://www.myspace.com/b_round 

CHINA BITCHES!!!!!

where i lay my head everynight. "The Pink Hotel"

The office. very niiiice.

look,it totally looks like im wearin a funny hat hahaha mmmm o dear

yeehaaaaaaaa

We love workin!!!!

Me n will rockin the stairs!

hey trav wot u doin? rockin it!!!!

pretty damn cool if i do say so myself!

Me n Confucius comparing notes.

props?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2007, 03:18:30 PM »
a few more

??

Pink Palace Posse

Yes, that is a big tea pot!

HOLY BIG BUDDAH BATMAN!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 05:59:59 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2007, 03:35:16 PM »
And i'll repost this here, this guy Rowan also worked on Suvivor China staff -- gotta love the temple

http://jaxlives.blogspot.com/search?q=Row

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2007, 06:02:31 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 07:15:05 PM by puddin »