Author Topic: The Mole-celeb edition  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
The Mole-celeb edition
« on: November 01, 2002, 03:04:01 AM »
From Survivor Blows:

Variety reports that ABC has finished casting -- and shooting -- its celeb edition of "The Mole." "The Mole 3" will star celebrities Michael Boatman (Carter on Spin City), Corbin Bernsen (Arnie on LA Law), Kim Coles (from Living Single), Erik von Detten (from Dinotopia), Baldwin brother Stephen Baldwin, comedian Kathy Griffin, and supermodel Frederique. Ahmad Rashad will be the host. The show quietly wrapped production earlier this month following nearly two weeks of on-location production in Hawaii. The six-part series is likely to air begin airing in January.

According to the producer David Stanley, the celebrities came into the game with varying levels of knowledge about past seasons of "The Mole." While Griffin "knew more about the show than we did," Stanley said, others had to watch a batch of tapes before signing on.

Unlike the regular editions of "The Mole," the B-list stars weren't sequestered during the hours they weren't participating in challenges or other forms of gameplay. As a result, according to Stanley, the "loneliness factor" that affects non-celeb players was not a factor in this edition. In addition, the 10-day production schedule meant cramming many elements of the show into a condensed timeframe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by 1045980000 »
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: The Mole-celeb edition
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2002, 05:16:17 AM »
I don't know how well Ahmad Rashad will do. NO ONE WILL EVER DO AS WELL AS COOPER! Also while I am bitching, I do NOT like Erik Von Detten. I guess I don't like people who are in love with themselves! But that is just me! Anyone else not care for him?
Rob

snickers

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 07:04:45 PM »
How could Cooper pick CNN over THE MOLE.   >:(*amn shame it is.  Looks like M3 will be a bomb.  It's more fun with real people than a bunch of freaky hollywood people.   :P

I'm so, sad, I think I will go to bed.  :'( :'( I hope you guys find some news to cheer me up.  It's a sad looking winter without an exciting season of THE MOLE. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 04:56:19 AM »
Does anyone remember a show call Who Wants to be a Millionaire? It was quite a popular show LOL. :)
Anyway, Millionaire ruined itself with too many celeb editions of its show, in my opinion anyway.
Rob

snickers

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 06:20:42 AM »
Rob,
I would have to agree.  Once they pull the celebs, it isn't a reality show.

Remember how the Celebs cheated and would help each other out.

who's doing the thinking over at ABC.

I guess, its good that celeb survivor keeps get pushed further back.  That would probably conclude the series.

Snickers

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2002, 06:27:33 AM »
Mark B. stated that the Survivor celeb edition would be good at about S9! Just read that somewhere but don't remember.
Rob

Sorry that this post is under the wrong topic.