Here are my thoughts..
1. Roadblock comes first after the clue at the ferry terminal. There should be bunching at the entrance, but I doubt that if E/D can make it before the opening, BECAUSE the tower might open earlier to avoid any tourists and not disturbing its usual opening hours, AND we haven't seen any pictures of E/D waiting outside the tower.
2. And the shot of E/D at the ferry terminal smiling may be because they are asking someone for help, either for money or direction. It seems no reason to stop at that point.
3. Teams probably would not take rickshaw to the tower because I feel that's no way to do this, because the road to the tower is probably only for cars, and it's quite far away I think (even 5 minutes by car).
4. D/K and C/M probably do the detour before E/D because it's not likely that 2 teams are far behind 1 team at this point of the race. (I don't know how to explain though, may be wishful thinking?!)
5. E/D smile at the detour maybe because they are watching the demonstration, and they have some funny or dirty thoughts in thier minds so they smile.
I really hope they go to the ruins of st. paul cathedral, it is the landmark of Macau!! Don't go to some unknown places like they did in Hong Kong! And why don't they go to any casino? I am wondering if they will go at the start of next leg?