Author Topic: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."  (Read 153443 times)

Offline annielhy

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Re: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45:06 AM »
Money Wise

Buy a Octopus Card (The world most successful e-money card, you can use it on any transportation except Taxi, also 7-11, McDonalds, supermarket...)
Get it refund in Sheung Wan MTR Station before leaving HK to Macau
Spend the rest of your HK dollars in Macau as 1:1 ratio.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2007, 09:50:49 AM »
 :hearts: thanks annielhy--you are one step ahead of me! The MTR info helps a lot because I hope the next promo will show some transport shots.

We did know about the Octopus card somewhere in here but nice to see how it can be used!

Can you check the link at the Cultural Centre above, and also tell us if the location in front of the Ritz is near anything else we have found? I'm thinking that will be either a cluebox or the Mat...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2007, 09:52:21 AM »
Great job peach!

about the detours/roadblocks -

I think since we see both C/M wearing climbing gear, we can say that one of the detours is the bamboo climb, and the other detour will proably be the race car, since D/O already took the FF, and I doubt they'd have a FF on a TBC leg.

The roadblock is probably whatever we see Kandice doing when she is kicking down that door.

Also, from the webclues we can gather that C/M and D/K are trying to get on a good flight. Are these the only two who make it (since we see them both in taxi's at the same time in hong kong during the preview). This would put them possibly hours ahead of the other teams, or do all the teams end up getting on the same flight?

Offline annielhy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2007, 09:55:45 AM »

We know the teams have to go to Macau, and we have them returning on the morning of the 14th with Phil on the Ferry.

Annielhy says:
Also, they HAVE to go to one of the following places to go to Macau
1. Sheung Wan (Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier, by TurboJET or helicopter)
2. Tsim Sha Tsui (Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal, by Ferry)

Is this why they are at the Cultural Centre? What times are the ferries? How much does it cost? Did anyone see anything? Can someone see if there was a filming permit for the ferries?

Maybe, maybe not. It's too easy to go to either place.
If they go to Macau right after Cultural Centre
From  Cultural Centre to Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal - on foot or by Taxi
From  Cultural Centre to  Sheung Wan  - by cross harbour ferry and then MTR (or taxi)

15 minutes per ferry from Sheung Wan
30 minutes per ferry from Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2007, 09:58:09 AM »
I agree Michael!

I think the car crash is probably the second detour--but let's just keep the FF in the back of our minds as an option....

:wohoo:  we got us some spoiling going on!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline annielhy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2007, 09:59:22 AM »
:hearts: thanks annielhy--you are one step ahead of me! The MTR info helps a lot because I hope the next promo will show some transport shots.

We did know about the Octopus card somewhere in here but nice to see how it can be used!

Can you check the link at the Cultural Centre above, and also tell us if the location in front of the Ritz is near anything else we have found? I'm thinking that will be either a cluebox or the Mat...
That is "Central". Those buildings are Hong Kong landmark buildings. I doubt they went to there, unless they took cross harbour ferry (Star ferry, a must in Hong Kong) from Cultural Centre to "Central".

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2007, 10:01:44 AM »
 :ninja
Yay, I miss spoiling! I love this colour thing we've got going on!

Yeah - we should keep the FF, just incase this doesn't end up being a TBC afterall!

Offline TSC

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2007, 10:05:07 AM »
On the subject of Detours/Roadblocks,

I agree that the bamboo climb is part of a Detour task, but I think it's part of a broader Kung Fu Detour - which would encompass Kandice kicking down the door. I say this on the basis that in the preview scene with Charla/Mirna in climbing gear, Mirna's performing a martial arts-esque kick, and in another preview scene, Eric is shown climbing the building while the words "Kung Fu" flash by on screen.

I agree with georgiapeach - I'm leaning towards the stunt car task being the other Detour choice, with a very slim chance of it being a Fast Forward...

And I don't think we've been shown the Roadblock, maybe that will come out in Phil's preview?

in terms of flights, I don't think the teams will be that spread apart this leg - Eric and Mirna are together at the airport in one scene (possibly plotting against the Beauty Queens?  :o) and I think that Oswald/Danny went to a travel agency (thus avoiding potential booking conflicts with other teams)...I hope the teams are close together, I always feel that it makes for a more exciting race!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2007, 10:05:22 AM »

That is "Central". Those buildings are Hong Kong landmark buildings. I doubt they went to there, unless they took cross harbour ferry (Star ferry, a must in Hong Kong) from Cultural Centre to "Central".

We KNOW they go there based on intro screencaps found in here!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2007, 10:06:38 AM »
I see a tudong (Malay name for Muslim headgear) in the Oswald/Danny office clip. Most likely Malaysia there.

I'm not 100% sure though, that the intro caps would confirm racers going to Statue Square. It's a central enough place (hey, it's called Central for a reason) for cameramen to just pop by and film a bit of stock footage...

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2007, 10:08:36 AM »
hm...if the car thing is in Malaysia i don't see how it can fit in!

It makes sense if it's in Malaysia though, because Danny is wearing clothes that you would wear in a hot country, and wouldn't it be cooler in Hong Kong at that time of year?

i'm confused  :groan:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2007, 10:11:10 AM »

Same clothes here that they are wearing while Driving the car!
Maybe it's office clip > hong kong > detour (kung-fu, drive) > road block > KEEP RACING!!!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2007, 10:14:38 AM »
On the weather in Hong Kong, if it helps any: there was a miserable drizzle for three days, three days of rain in a month otherwise free from any precipitation! Poor racers...

Temperatures varied wildly those few days, going up as high as the 26°C range and as low as 12°C in a single day, if I remember correctly.

(Still can't believe I missed them after getting Izad's Malaysia spoiler, hearing rumours about them heading to Hong Kong, sending a friend off at the airport the very day they arrived, and taking the hydrofoil to Macau three days later! There is a God, and he probably hates me... :'()

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2007, 10:14:45 AM »
Hi neobie!  Yes--that's O/D in KL I think-- but travel agent vs airport? Clothes--that's what they fly in? First task? They didn't wet their pants in that car crash? :rotf:

TSC--I think we definitely have a Kung Fu theme!

I think Kandice's task may be the Roadblock just because that is the only thing we see ONE person doing so far...

And we have this about a critical flight:

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2007, 10:20:09 AM »

It makes sense if it's in Malaysia though, because Danny is wearing clothes that you would wear in a hot country, and wouldn't it be cooler in Hong Kong at that time of year?

Michael the CAR/Detour is in Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong old Kai Tak airport not Malaysia
Other Detour!
*Teams get a kick out of their next destination when they're challenges to break down doors and fight off Kung Fu warriors.
and as far as a fast forward this leg, there can't be one because of the TBC.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2007, 10:21:34 AM »
Critical flight makes it seem like this flight would put who ever gets onto it far ahead, and we know whatever happens, C/M and D/K end up in hong kong at the same time.

the sky in the photo from the web promo of Eric climbing the bamboo still looks darker then it does in C/M and D/K photo to me.

OK, thanks Puddin  :kissy:

Offline annielhy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2007, 10:22:35 AM »
If this is travel agent, it must be Malaysia.
TRavel agent in Hong Kong are shops on the street or inside shopping center. Any racer is dumb to go to travel agent in a building.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26:09 AM »
Alright, I'll be back later, I have to go to english class now! I've been keeping my hood on all day to hide my shaved head...I can't wait to get home  :'(

Offline annielhy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »
On the weather in Hong Kong, if it helps any: there was a miserable drizzle for three days, three days of rain in a month otherwise free from any precipitation! Poor racers...

Temperatures varied wildly those few days, going up as high as the 26°C range and as low as 12°C in a single day, if I remember correctly.

(Still can't believe I missed them after getting Izad's Malaysia spoiler, hearing rumours about them heading to Hong Kong, sending a friend off at the airport the very day they arrived, and taking the hydrofoil to Macau three days later! There is a God, and he probably hates me... :'()

Well, December 2006 in Hong Kong is cold (around 10-18 degree).
No strange temperatures.

(P.S. I am from Hong Kong)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2007, 10:31:58 AM »
CAR/Detour is in Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong old Kai Tak airport

I'm confused--I thought Shau kei Wan was the school clue box and where we think that either the bamboo climb or Kandice kicking down doors is....

But car task is for sure at the old Kai Tak airport --which was very scary to land at btw....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2007, 10:34:13 AM »
 :waves: Hello annielhy

THE FINAL FOUR ALL-STAR TEAMS FEEL THE PRESSURE AS THE STAKES CONTINUE TO RISE WHEN RACERS PARTAKE IN A HIGH FLYING DETOUR,ON "THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS," SUNDAY, APRIL 15, ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK.

"We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War" -- Teams get a kick out of their next destination when they’re challenged by high flying Kung Fu Warriors while scaling a massive bamboo scaffold, on THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS, Sunday, April 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline annielhy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2007, 10:38:03 AM »

Michael the CAR/Detour is in Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong old Kai Tak airport not Malaysia
Other Detour!
*Teams get a kick out of their next destination when they're challenges to break down doors and fight off Kung Fu warriors.
and as far as a fast forward this leg, there can't be one because of the TBC.

Just make it straight:
Hong Kong consist of 3 parts: Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, New Territories.
All outer islands including Lantau are consider as  New Territories. (New Airport is in Lantau)

CAR is in Hong Kong old Kai Tak airport ("Kowloon City", Kowloon)
Bamboo is probably Shau Kei Wan ("Shau Kei Wan", Hong Kong Island)

With the place we have mentions:
Hong Kong Island: Statue Square (Central), Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier (Sheung Wan)
Kowloon: Cultural Centre (Tsim Sha Tsui), Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal (Tsim Sha Tsui), old Kai Tak airport (Kowloon City)
New Territories: New Airport (Chek Lap Kok)

Offline annielhy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2007, 10:41:37 AM »
An extra note

The faster way from  Statue Square (Central), to Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier (Sheung Wan) is ...MTR!!

Taxi could be traffic jam

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2007, 10:47:04 AM »
CAR is in Hong Kong old Kai Tak airport ("Kowloon City", Kowloon)
OK I'm going back to sleep  :lol: , no idea why I thought the airport was in Shau Kei Wan.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2007, 10:49:16 AM »
Thanks again annielhy! That helps a lot to sort out the locations!

We have lots of pretty maps and great links to street Hong Kong maps and locations in Maps! Maps! Maps! if anyone needs them--just scroll on down!
RFF's Golden Rule: