Author Topic: EP9:"Are We Gonna Live On Exile Island?!"  (Read 9353 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP9:"Are We Gonna Live On Exile Island?!"
« on: April 05, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »
04/12   Survivor: Fiji - "Are We Gonna Live On Exile Island?!"

4/12/2007: Survivor: Fiji
Episode Detail: Survivor: Fiji - Survivor: Fiji
The tribes merge into one group and one person betrays a former alliance. At tribal council, another castaway is voted off of the islands. Jeff Probst is the host

Clues:
Next time on SURVIVOR: FIJI

· A shocking surprise crushes some tribemates and energizes others.

· A twist after the Immunity Challenge leaves tribemates with zero time to deliberate before Tribal Council. How will this affect the vote?

· One survivor questions their alliance when a coveted secret is impulsively revealed to them.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 03:22:43 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP9:"Are We Gonna Live On Exile Island?!"
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 10:55:49 PM »
images thanks to survivorfever

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 11:03:10 PM »
thanks to Survivorphoenix:
SPOILERS S14: Survivor Fiji - A Merge with a Twist... or Two

Who will be the last exiled player before the merge? No new players will visit Exile Island until the tribes meet again to become one. :yes:

Back to the merge: in a sequence that may end up on the Insider clips if it survives the editing axe at all, some of the Survivor Fiji women finally will get a moment to shine. Unfortunately, it is not challenge related: they design the tribal flag with all the players' names framing the border. Rumor has it that it is not quite as artistic as the merge flag Bruce designed in season 12, but it is a step up from the boring merge flag from season 13.

What Survivor producers giveth, Survivor producers taketh away. As reported at Survivor Sucks, the newly formed Bula tribe will find that Moto camp has lost its appeal when they return to it after the merge festivities. The camp will have been stripped and Mookie, the last-standing full-time Ravu player, never will get to experience "Good Times".

So what does Shii-Ann have to do with Fiji?

Beware assumptions. Just when they think they are now playing an individual game, the players will be thrown a curve at the Immunity Challenge. Players will compete as two teams of five, with the losing team going directly to Tribal Council, without passing Camp. Look for someone to get blind-sided when they are selected on the "wrong team" by Dre and that teams loses. Could it be that this is where those infamous clues finally come into play?

Or so we have heard. It could have been mislabeled.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 12:21:23 AM »
Beware assumptions. Just when they think they are now playing an individual game, the players will be thrown a curve at the Immunity Challenge. Players will compete as two teams of five, with the losing team going directly to Tribal Council, without passing Camp. Look for someone to get blind-sided when they are selected on the "wrong team" by Dre and that teams loses.

Wow.  That twist absolutely blows my mind.  Bravo CBS crew, now I can't wait any longer for the merge.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 02:02:28 AM »
Thank you, puddin.  :hugs:  :kuss:

So no one will be exiled in Ep9 b/c both tribes will be on Exile Is, right?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 12:17:43 AM by RudyRules »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 10:58:19 AM »
Thats right Rudy ..no one should be exiled this episode.

THE TRIBES MERGE AND A SURPRISE AWAITS THEM BACK AT CAMP ON "SURVIVOR: FIJI," THURSDAY, APRIL 12
        "Are We Gonna Live On Exile Island?!" -- The remaining castaways merge into one tribe and find a major surprise waiting for them back at camp.  Mookie confesses to Dreamz that he's found the second Hidden Immunity Idol which angers Alex and Edguardo who worry that Dreamz may tell the others, on SURVIVOR: FIJI, Thursday, April 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 11:40:36 AM »
Photo: Jeffrey R. Staab/CBS

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 11:41:58 AM »
Photo: Jeffrey R. Staab/CBS ©2006

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 11:03:46 AM »
More info from survivorphoenix :puter:

We confirm that the tribes will indeed merge in Episode 9, bringing to a close the death watch of the Ravu tribe.

The press photos posted by MeSS poster anywho show the two tribes arrive separately at Exile Island for the traditional greet, eat and cheer of the merge ceremonies. The players then return to camp Moto Minus (aka Bula) as one united (?) tribe with brand new buffs.

The following photo shows the merged players with outstretched arms and closed hands. As we reported previously, the new tribe gets thrown a twist: instead of the individual Immunity challenge everyone expects, the players are divided into two teams. Teams, not tribes. Remember, they have already merged.

Clearly, our initial information about Dre was incorrect. More on that later, but for now, as a peace offering, we have some additional details on the challenge.

We were told that the players are holding individual green and orange rocks. Yes, we think it is confusing that they are using the same colors as the original tribe colors, but producers must have gotten a great deal on the paint.

The two teams should break down as follows:
Alex, Dre, Michelle, Mookie and Stacy
Boo, Cassandra, Earl, Edgardo and Yau-Man

The challenge itself is designed to test communication and problem-solving. The players will need to retrieve all the bags containing puzzle pieces and then solve the puzzle. Look for the challenge star to have a big impact once again.

The winning tribe enjoys a meal.
The losing tribe leaves for Tribal Council immediately. We have heard that the players might even be blindfolded to prevent any deliberation on the way to Tribal Council.

Back to our conflicting information. In piecing together the tips we received, there was a bit of miscommunication about Dre's actual role in this week's boot. Before the challenge, Stacy was being targeted by most members of the new tribe, yet it wasn't Stacy who ended up being booted. We will have to wait to see the show to determine whether Dre's play was a strategic move, a spur of the moment emotional response or a case of mistaken identity.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 03:30:09 PM »
really rough copy of the promo:

http://video.[banned image hosting site].com/player.php?v=2hzkcqr

.com/player.php?v=2hzkcqr"]View My Video

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 01:52:42 PM »
Finally getting intense and interesting! I never liked the have and have-not camps. (Who knew Ravu would not win a single time!)

Thanks Puddin for the video! :luvya:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 04:23:04 PM »
I understand taking away the lavish stuff... but what about the stuff they won in challenges, they shoudl be able to keep that stuff.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 10:52:50 AM »
I understand taking away the lavish stuff... but what about the stuff they won in challenges, they shoudl be able to keep that stuff.
i was wondering the same thing. but effectively, they won the original camp in the first challenge. the big bed will be no good after a few rounds of storms without the shelter. i hope they at least leave them the survival type gear that they won like the fishing gear. hope they enjoyed the coffee while they had it.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 05:09:43 PM »
Call me evil.. I rather enjoy some of them losing their comfort items, particularly those in the Moto tribe who never had to leave. THIS is the survivor you signed up for and here it is.  :lol:

ETA, I'm sure they keep the flint and fishing gear.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26:18 PM »
 :ninja

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 09:26:38 AM »
Heh heh heh!! NOW it is getting good! I hope they find the false idol too! BWahahahahahahahahahah!  :ninja :happy: :ninja

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 10:16:54 AM »
 :lol3: Imagine if the found the fake hidden coconut and thought it was real and was all smug like at TC and then Jeff is like "ummmm I don't think so ..." then they got voted off? The funny thing is theres no one I dislike right now besides Dreamz but he ain't going no where.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 10:45:05 AM »
i'd love that too but anyone that knows where to look has found one and knows what the real deal looks like or at least someone they can ask if it's legit. i suspect that no one will look since yau man and earl have both been to exile island and had plenty of time to find it. although, the old/new ravu don't have as many brain cells between them so who knows?

:ninja
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 10:54:37 AM »
 :lol:: Hi cinni !!

bumping this up again ..next week one of the idols will come into play:

SP
Still, we can confirm, based on what we have heard, that Alex, Edgardo and Mookie do work together to find the idol. At Final 9, when Alex finds out he is the target at Tribal Council, they will decide to play to idol to protect Alex. Dre moles out Alex's plans to the opposing alliance, their votes are switched to Edgardo, making him the casualty of intrigue.

The first idol is now out of the game, but since Alex was not the intended boot, it did not alter the vote result at Tribal Council. Still, from what we have been told, we should expect the great hype of "The Most Dramatic Tribal Council in Survivor History" for this episode, since it has all the elements of great TV drama.

The Earl/Yau-Man idol alliance will be successful in more ways than one. The second idol played will have an impact on the vote at Tribal Council.

The last idol gets played late in the game. It does not change the vote at Tribal Council.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 06:05:12 PM »
I'm so excited that I'm getting back into survivor!  :ninja

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 07:07:19 PM »
Boo just said the title.