Author Topic: EP9: - "The Way You Look, Yeah." (Thanks for the spoilers Izad)  (Read 155063 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP9: - "The Way You Look, Yeah." (dedicated to Izad)
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »
Oh boy I found Phils clip!!  :yess:

link

eta: even better! I broke the code! In Hi-Res    :bunny

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:26:22 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2007, 05:41:14 PM »
link if the video isn't working  ???

http://www.gofish.com/player.gfp?gfid=30-1096149

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:46:49 PM by puddin »

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2007, 05:49:43 PM »

Finally, Phil's preview!!  Looks like they are concetrating on U/J's plane flights, Danny/Oswald bickering and Dani's breakdown.  No mention of the BQ's or Charla and Mirna.

My real concern is: WHO IS IZAD and how did he know that the teams were going to the Batu Caves first so that he and his "team" could get there before they actually arrived?

Does he possess some kind of psychic powers or does he have an in with the production crew?

How Izad came across the information is no one's business but Izad's.  Does knowing how he came across the info change anything?  I've been friends with Izad for 4 years or more and he is a regular poster at many different sites.  He isn't someone who just appeared out of no where to post this information. I am thrilled for him that he got the opportunity to watch the race in person b/c he has always been a HUGE fan. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2007, 06:01:47 PM »
Yeah that colby! It's no ones business and it's not nice to call someone out on who they are or how they knew etc...
Izad and friends sightings, spoilers rule!!

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2007, 08:15:20 PM »
Oh yeah  :groan:

well that's odd then, I guess leg 10 NEL, leg 11 TBC, leg 12 chas gone oops, I mean leg 10 TBC, leg 11 NEL, leg 12 chas gone.

Don't forget about TAR 8 and how they had a NEL, a TBC and an elimination three (well, four because of that off week) weeks in a row. I think that's the most probable scenario if Uchenna/Joyce are indeed philiminated this Sunday. I wouldn't want to go through a TBC next week only to find out that no one gets eliminated after that.

I think it would make sense if the Macau leg is the TBC. If Danny/Oswald were the last to see Phil in the TBC pit stop, then it would make sense for them to be seen with Phil in a hydrofoil back to Hong Kong and then to Guam. If it would have been a NEL pit stop, after the last team check in, couldn't Phil and his crew ride any hydrofoil between the 12 hour resting period and go to Guam?
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2007, 08:21:14 PM »
What is this I hear? TAR Detectives complaining about too much  of a good thing?? That must mean the world is ending!  :o :faint:  :o

First of all, I think we all owe Izad and his team a huge vote of thanks! He (however he found out) did an absolutely perfect job of stalking our racers to bring us the best ever spoilers. He got excellent picture-perfect proof at every step along the way, and I can only commend him for an awesome job! And I think to criticize him for too much info is nuts--where would we be without his spoilers? I have said several times this season that I believe TPTB are being much more careful about what is revealed to us. The previews are much more tightly edited to reveal as little as possible--until Phil "gives" us what he wants us to know. Most weeks we would have had NO indication of who might be out either, if it wasn't for puddin's bootlist too.

Without Izad's spoilers where would we be? We would have nothing about the Batu Caves except our screencaps placing us there--no photo proof of which teams were there and leading--no info on "one couple way behind"----and until today, nothing about tasks.  At least we have had the fun all season of anticipating this leg, wondering about it, and speculating on the tasks, and the flights.

I would dearly love to hear the "real story" behind this set of spoilers--because I think it would be fascinating to hear how all of this was masterminded. And Izad held back for MONTHS on telling all he knew so as not to dull our anticipation. I think if we really want spoilers--then we owe him our utmost appreciation for a job very well done!

Now having said that--has it been quiet? Do I miss our usual frenzy? Of course! But from the little we've been given to go on this week--I'm not sure we could have come up with much more. Any doubts? Take a look at Hong Kong and Macau and see how little we have there and how very  much we don't know--then say thank you IZAD!  And let's get cracking on doing our best spoiling ever on the last few legs! (You still can't tell me that no one in all of San Francisco saw anything...  :lol:)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
The dreaded TAR8 NEL/TBC, we were like will this race ever end?!  :groan:
What you wrote makes sense hakushu  :waves:

eta: peach was typing when I posted this and wanted to say ...WELL SAID PEACH  :jam:!!

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2007, 08:37:12 PM »
...The Hoax. And, the latest team castoff from the Amazing
Race: All Stars! Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...

Maybe I'm reading too much into that bit from the Early Show...  :lol3:

So from Phil's preview (thanks puddin! :waves:) we also see Oswald/Danny attempt the cookies challenge, and they switch? So that's two... *makes a note for lmolm's game*

I agree with peach. It's not really an off week, as Izad has given all the spoilers in a silver platter. I am very thankful and happy for their awesome investigation. If only I had a reliable source who could have told me that the teams went through here in Guam, I would have also tried to do what Izad and his team did. But I think then would be the time when you guys could doubt who the heck I am and why the heck did I share all this info.  :lol:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2007, 09:10:14 PM »
...The Hoax. And, the latest team castoff from the Amazing
Race: All Stars! Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...

omg! lol  :lol: Really I don't care if U/J stay or go but would rather if they stayed because watching 4 teams race for 3 legs is going to be zzzzzzzzzz

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2007, 09:51:52 PM »
wow I missed a lot! YAY, PHIL'S PREVIEW FINALLY!

more credit to Izad's spoiler: we see Charla while Eric is telling Danielle that she has to go back.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 09:55:30 PM by Michael D »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2007, 10:22:19 PM »
I am very thankful and happy for their awesome investigation. If only I had a reliable source who could have told me that the teams went through here in Guam, I would have also tried to do what Izad and his team did. But I think then would be the time when you guys could doubt who the heck I am and why the heck did I share all this info.

Who the HECK are you! And why are you sharing?  :lol: :rotf: :lol:  But a big Amen to the trying! I still can't believe that if I had gone to SF for Christmas just a couple of days sooner--who knows? I could have run into the teams in the airport! And then it would have been--bye Mom--I have to go "Follow that Taxi!"

And I'll take my info from the devil in disguise  :sera: or from an angel  :angel:  I'm not proud!

So Phil is now a Spoiler himself! Why would he totally give away poor U/J's flight woes? He all but said Sayonara--Goodbye Charlie--and come watch them get eliminated!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2007, 10:31:29 PM »
I know! WTF is with Phil giving that way. So they took that stupid risk just to get an hour lead. Stupid U/J!

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2007, 03:12:01 AM »
My real concern is: WHO IS IZAD and how did he know that the teams were going to the Batu Caves first so that he and his "team" could get there before they actually arrived?

Does he possess some kind of psychic powers or does he have an in with the production crew?

Hi. My name is Izad. I'm 30 years old. I've lived in Malaysia all my life (except for the 3 years of college in England). I work in a computing firm in Kuala Lumpur, and I do freelance writing for several publications. I'm a reality tv show junkie, I love cats and despite what puddin says, I really AM Balding.  ;D

Anyway, back in early December, one of my readers told me that the Amazing Race All Stars was possibly coming to Kuala Lumpur. I had a lot of doubts at first, but after a few days of beggings, pleadings and returning sexual favours (kidding!), I found out that he might actually be teling the truth. I finally got a tip off that they could possibly be in the Gombak area on December 10th. I quickly grouped a couple of friends who were as enthusiastic about TAR as I was.

We suspected it would be at Batu Caves cause basically that's one of the major tourist attractions in that area. We had no idea what time they were coming in.. so the 5 of us actually went there before 6 am (the sun still wasn't up). We saw a couple of vans with cameras and stuff.. and thought we had hit the jackpot. but it was hard for us to, you know, 'hide' from them cause there were nobody else there at the time. We finally saw them erected the TAR cluebox, and that's when we knew... THIS WAS IT! Luckily enough, we only needed to wait for two hours to see the first team arrive.

We realized we had to split up if we want to continue on spying on their entire route, so that's what we did (if you're wondering what I meant by 'stationed'.. we had to delegate the trailing tasks between the five of us). And the rest, is history.

None of us had any direct contact with the production team. Well, I personally tried to be the 'innocent' passerby and asked two dfferemt crew members at different times at the Batu Caves, but neither said anything.. well they actually said "we can't say anything". So we just stayed. And watched. And listened. They couldn't ask us to bugger off because Batu Caves was a public touristy area. In fact, they were other people taking pictures at Batu Caves as well. The general public there might be confused because at that time "The Amazing Race Asia" was airing, so I think people there were a bit confused (you'd be surprised to know how many people think that all these shows.. Amazing Race, Survivor etc are all done in 'real time'. LOL). At Hartamas, I was actually shushed away by one of the crew members (that bitch!) when I slowly inched towards and started a conversation with Charla. So yeah, we didn't get any inside info directly from them. All we had was the Gombak tip off.

I'm pretty sure many of you, being HUGE TAR fans, wouldn't do anything differently than what we did. 'Chancing' on seeing these racers in action, is like a dream come true for any TAR fans. I sincerely do hope, some of you will get a similar chance like this in the future, cause personally for me, it's the closest thing I'll ever get to being on the show itself!  ;D

As for spoiling this entire leg.. I don't know.. there were only 5 of us. And we had to split up a lot of times, so other than our observations, a LOT of it also includes our assumptions as well. They might be several things that we missed (like for example, we didn't know the Chas actually performed the cookies detour, and we honestly don't know what the website clue meant by the locals helping the racers "in surprising ways"), so a lot of things are still up in the air. And we don't even know how the editors will edit the episode even with all this information going around.

I had my reservations about sharing this spoiler at first because Chill One's All Star Survivor bootlist spoiler totally ruined the entire season for me. Seriously. Because it's a bootlist. The end. There's no room left for assumption or speculations and I hated that. Which was why I only decided to release our 'suspected play by play' this week instead of way back in December. I really wanted to.. I mean, as a TAR fan, it really was something that only TAR fans could possibly appreciate. There were some people who keep saying that I was posting it for the 5 minutes worth of fame, and I'm playing the 'I know something that you dont' game with them. But I just wanted to give some leeway for them to continue all the speculations and things. Hell, I could've already said on December 12th that Romber was 100% out of the game, but I didn't cause I wanted to give Romber fans some kind of hope and not give up on the show.  :lol: This spoiler thingy.. tricky business aint it? It's hard to please everyone. LOL

Anyway, no worries.. no more spoilers from me. I think I already told what we know about the leg. We could be wrong with some of the info, but based on our discuassions, assumptions, eye witness accounts, that's how we think the leg will play out.

AND I am continually amazed by all your spoiling efforts here at RFF. You guys are amazing! And I really mean that!  :hearts: Keep up the excellent, EXCELLENT work!

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2007, 04:18:19 AM »
Why I think O/D are arguing.

It looks like each team would get their own canopy covered stacks of cookies.  Maybe O/D showed up and C/M were still going through packs of cookies.  Danny then realized C/M had to have been doing it a while to still be there.  So Danny wants to switch and Oswald thinks they should stick it out and is trying to reason with Danny to get him to support his wanting to stick with the cookies.  They may be real close to cookies where they could actually go back to them.

It's either C/M decide to switch so Danny wants to.  Or D/O switch so C/M switches.

IMO:  Why for both teams are they starting in the same corner and in the front corner at that.  I would think that they would put the clue in the middle or towards the end.  Although production may think I'd think that way so they may try to outsmart me and put the clue in the front which could be considered the beginning of the boxes.  Who knows??????????????     :dknow   

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2007, 05:49:40 AM »
IZAD!   :luvya:

Thank you so much for sharing the background on your incredible spoiling adventure. I can only imagine your excitement about the opportunity to see the production and teams in action and only wish I could have been part of your team! That would be a dream come true.

As Ian would say, you played with honor.

Thank you for the Poland hint, thank you for the beautiful Batu Cave pictures, and thank you for using your discretion about when and how much information to release--I've loved every bit of the journey.

I sincerely do hope, some of you will get a similar chance like this in the future, cause personally for me, it's the closest thing I'll ever get to being on the show itself! 

I hear that TAR Asia's application deadline for season 2 was extended till April 13--it isn't too late to apply!

Meanwhile, I will watch on Sunday hoping to catch a glimpse of you and your team, and with great anticipation about seeing more of your beautiful city!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jaywhacker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2007, 06:46:51 AM »
Izad, thanks so much for sharing.  What fun.  If my wife and son would let me leave them behind for a day, I would jump at the chance to attempt the same thing, and I would have been far less able to keep most of the info until the week it aired.  I think you've done an excellent and admirable job.  I also think you will find a huge majority of support here, but don't worry about 100%, that is just a sign of critical thought, which is necessary for good sleuthing.

Back to my role as lurker....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #316 on: April 07, 2007, 10:43:07 AM »
 :welcome2: jaywhacker!

No more lurking--stay and play! Sounds like you have good thoughts to contribute--we'd be glad to have you!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 07, 2007, 11:20:35 AM »
 :hearts:

Nicely stated Izad!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #318 on: April 07, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
Your an excellent writer Izad and I second what jaywhacker wrote "I think you've done an excellent and admirable job."
Now can tell me how you keep that nice suntan :D?

:luvya:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2007, 12:38:47 PM »
If only we had someone as great as Izad stationed in San Fransisco on the day the finale was aired!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2007, 12:51:46 AM »
bump...

posted this at sucks too :

Okay.. this post might upset some people and will most definitely suck the fun out of speculation, so if you don't want to be (possibly) totally spoiled, don't read this post.

disclaimer : this play by play for the Malaysian leg is drafted based on my fellows scouts and my personal xperience/knowledge (none of us work for, or personally know any of the production crew members). This is not 100% confirmed as we don't know what the final edit of the episode is going to be but we suspect a good deal of the episode will be focusing quite a bit on the teams getting out of Poland.

ARRIVAL
- Teams fly in from Poland
- Charla and Mirna were the first to arrive at KL International Airport around 4:30 am
- Chas/Beauty Queens/EricDanielle arrived at the KL International Airport around 7 am

FIRST CLUEBOX - Batu Caves
- Teams had to travel using public transport (ie. train, bus) to Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur
- Charla/Mirna was the first team to arrive at Batu Caves around 8 am to retrieve their first clue

SECOND CLUEBOX - Kg Baru mosque
- Their next clue is situated on a pedestrian bridge near the Kg Baru mosque

DETOUR
- The clue is a detour between eating festive cookies and drawing a batik cloth
- Charla/Mirna chose the cookies challenge
- Chas/BeautyQueens arrive at Batu Caves around 10am within minutes of each other.
- Eric & Danielle came around 10 minutes late (they might've taken the wrong bus)
- Chas possibly opted for the cookies challenge but couldn't find the location, so they chose batik.
- Beauty Queens and Eric & Danielle also chose the batik challenge
- Charla/Mirna didn't complete the cookies challenge despite locals cheering them on :(
- Charla/Mirna changed the detour and headed for the batik challenge where to their surprise the other teams had already reached this task.  :( :( :(
- Beauty Queens were the first to finish the batik detour
- Charla/Mirna finished the batik detour next

THIRD CLUE - ROADBLOCK
- Next clue was to head towards a housing area in Hartamas for a roadblock
- The roadblock was to get old newspapers from houses for recycling. And they had to collect the newspaper using rickety trishaws.
- Some crew member possibly got hurt at the roadblock. (saw an ambulance in the area)
- Beauty Queens finished the newspaper roadblock. Their next clue was to head to the pitstop
- Charla/Mirna arrived and started on the newspaper roadblock
- Eric&Danielle and the Chas finished their batik detour and arrived at the newspaper roadblock within a minute of each other.
- Mirna/Danielle/Danny performed the roadblock.
- Danielle's trishaw had a flat tyre and had to be replaced
- Mirna was helped by a small boy, his sister, a lady wearing a red top and a guy with shades
- Danielle was helped by another small kid
- Mirna & Charla finished the roadblock but have problems getting a taxi, but the locals helped them.
- the Chas might've finished next, followed by Eric & Danielle

PITSTOP (possibly Carcosa Sri Negara in Kuala Lumpur)

- possible order of arrival at the pitstop :
(1) Beauty Queens,
(2) Charla & Mirna,
(3) Chas,
(4) Eric & Danielle

- Ucheynna & Joyce arrive at KL International Airport a few hours after the above teams checked into the pitstop.

- This may or may not be a non-elimination leg. We cannot confirm this, although I'm sure we're all gonna think.. what's the point of having a NEL anyway, right?"

(major credit also goes to Romeo and my other spoiler team members <3 <3 <3 )

ps. I MISS MIRNA and CHARLA *CRIES*

Offline NDIrish

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2007, 10:49:24 AM »
posted this at sucks too :

Okay.. this post might upset some people and will most definitely suck the fun out of speculation, so if you don't want to be (possibly) totally spoiled, don't read this post.

disclaimer : this play by play for the Malaysian leg is drafted based on my fellows scouts and my personal xperience/knowledge (none of us work for, or personally know any of the production crew members). This is not 100% confirmed as we don't know what the final edit of the episode is going to be but we suspect a good deal of the episode will be focusing quite a bit on the teams getting out of Poland.

PITSTOP (possibly Carcosa Sri Negara in Kuala Lumpur)

- possible order of arrival at the pitstop :
(1) Beauty Queens,
(2) Charla & Mirna,
(3) Chas,
(4) Eric & Danielle

- Ucheynna & Joyce arrive at KL International Airport a few hours after the above teams checked into the pitstop.

- This may or may not be a non-elimination leg. We cannot confirm this, although I'm sure we're all gonna think.. what's the point of having a NEL anyway, right?"

(major credit also goes to Romeo and my other spoiler team members <3 <3 <3 )
ps. I MISS MIRNA and CHARLA *CRIES*

At this point, would someone instruct Ucheynna & Joyce to go straight to the pit stop?  Especially if it is an elimination leg?  It seems like this happened to a team once before over the seasons...I can't remember which team or season.

... ???  Or are they still going to have to complete all tasks making Phil wait while Ucheynna and Joyce complete all their tasks?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #322 on: April 08, 2007, 10:59:26 AM »
 :bunny :bunny :bunny

HAPPY EASTER! HOPE THE BUNNY WAS GOOD TO YOU ALL!

:easter   
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2007, 11:37:06 AM »
:easter Hoppy Easter Peeps  :bunny

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2007, 04:24:31 PM »
izad writes @ sucks: (on 12/4)
izad
 I know someone who supposedly was contacted to 'help with the production team', that they will be in Malaysia this weekend. Should I start camping out at the airport?