Author Topic: EP9: - "The Way You Look, Yeah." (Thanks for the spoilers Izad)  (Read 155091 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP9: - "The Way You Look, Yeah." (dedicated to Izad)
« Reply #275 on: April 05, 2007, 09:14:42 PM »
Who needs a preview? :lol:

Izad's got us covered!  All we need is the soundtrack!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 05, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »
ha ha, PEACH, do you think you could just get them to sign like...a random piece of paper or a card or anything you have lying around your house, because my dad is being dumb and he wont let me send anything! (that is to say, if they even go to tarcon!)

(LOL, I called you OH instead of peach, wtf?)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:23:32 PM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #277 on: April 06, 2007, 10:27:49 AM »

the Inside Scoop..

MONDAY MORNING ON THE EARLY SHOW

Waiting in line can test anyone’s patience. How would you react if someone cut in front of you? Our hidden cameras found the shocking results… Plus, actor Richard Gere will join us to talk about his new drama The Hoax. And, the latest team castoff from the Amazing Race: All Stars! These stories and more, Monday morning, on The Early Show.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 06, 2007, 11:12:38 AM »
hmm...a team gets eliminated?
That's odd. That means it will be the F4 for a while now.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2007, 11:18:44 AM »
Michael theres only one site that I trust and it doesn't update untill 4ish ET whether or not the latest "castoffs " are on the Early Show or not ..

I can't wait all day for Phil's video " I wanna Easter egg I wanna Easter egg " :bunny

heres some links if you all want to keep checking:
IGN
Yahoo
celebrityspider
tv.com

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2007, 11:22:03 AM »
Yeah, I want Phil's video too!

I'm also kind of looking forward to the next episode so we can all start speculating again! But this is a nice break from our usual deciding one thing, and then around Friday deciding to change everything we think and go with a new order.

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »
hmm...a team gets eliminated?
That's odd. That means it will be the F4 for a while now.
I hope the tease is accurate (& U/J are bounced).  This couple has disappointed me ever since they won the million bucks. 

Too much pontificating  B:) ....& not enough action.

Multiple episodes with a final 4 of D/K, Schmirna, E/D & Cha would be HIGHLY entertaining (imo).   :happy:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2007, 11:45:57 AM »
We haven't done much speculation nor detecting this episode and that has taken a lot of the fizz our of anticipating what is going to happen  on Sunday in Ep 9.  Not like the detective work we all did on Eps 7 and 8 in which we had it pretty well figured out and had a pretty accurate scenario for the two eps except we had them in the reverse order.  So be it, but with little to go on except the few pix in various promos and insiders we did a commendable job.

Most of that fizz has been lost for Ep 9; most of the scenario has been laid out for us by Izad and his "team".  In post no. 145 some days ago, he claims that "none of us work for or know any of the production crew members."  However, I really have some serious doubts about all that.  They claim to have spotted Charla and Mirna arriving at KL airport at 4:30AM on Dec. 9.  Do they usually hang out at the airport for days on end? How did they know that TAR was even coming to KL?  How did they know what day they were arriving?  How did they know at what time the first teams would arrive?  At the time the teams were arriving in KL there had been no publicity on where in the world they were going after Latin America.  

Later, Izad states that the teams took public transport to the Batu Caves.  And that "We were already waiting for them to arrive in taxies but saw them get off a public bus."  Now how in the world did Izad and his team know that the teams would be travelling to the Batu Caves after they arrived, when they would arrive, and how did they get there ahead of them.  All this without prior knowledge??  KL covers a large area with many places teams could have gone, but Izad "just happened to be waiting for them"  at the Batu Caves?

And in the case of the Detour Choice with the cookies, he says "I wasn't stationed there" but someone must have been and how did they know that this one particular place would be the site for the task?

I wonder if TPTB were aware that someone on the production team was talking out of turn, or someone let Izad and his "team" access to the production room in the Regent Hotel where all the times, places, and events were laid out for anyone to read on the wall?

Spoiling, speculation, detective work and just plain luck has been the underlying energy that has kept this board thriving, attracting more and more newbies.  But this week having too much info has taken a lot of the fun out of it.

OK, call me a wet blanket or an old fuddy duddy, but a lot of the fun of watching TAR has been lost on me.  Or, and this is a great big OR, is someone connected with TPTB pulling our collective legs?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2007, 11:50:14 AM »
Or, and this is a great big OR, is someone connected with TPTB pulling our collective legs?

LIKE SENDIND OUT 23000 WRONG BOOT LISTS FROM RELIABLE SOURCES AND THE REAL WINNERS ARE DUSTIN AND KANDICE?!  :happy: .... I doubt it  :( :'( I can see Green Raven from sucks acting all "this is fo shizzle" without actually good proof, but I can't see puddin doing that.

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2007, 12:13:44 PM »
Michael do u kno Dustin or Kandice's email???

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 06, 2007, 12:14:51 PM »
Michael do u kno Dustin or Kandice's email???

LOL, no! I wish I did though. The closest thing I've gotten to talking to any of them was talking to Kandice's sister on facebook.

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #286 on: April 06, 2007, 12:23:11 PM »
lol I tried going on http://www.konzelmans.com but it said that there was no such site :'(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #287 on: April 06, 2007, 01:29:08 PM »
Well this is official enough for me  :-\ : ( hee Voted Off and Castoffs still cracks me up)

THE EARLY SHOW Lineup for Monday, April 9, 2007 as of 1:45PM Friday.
Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW… Actor Richard Gere will join us to talk
about his new drama The Hoax. And, the latest team castoff from the Amazing
Race: All Stars! Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW... 

8:31 SEGMENT TEN - AMAZING RACE ALL STARS CASTOFFS: Down to only 5 teams, the
competition is getting intense as the race heats up. Monday morning, we will
talk to the latest Amazing Race team to be voted off the All Stars season.
We'll have a recap of Sunday's episode and talk to the castoffs about what
really went wrong.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 06, 2007, 01:34:37 PM »
that is so strange...have we ever had 3 episodes with the same teams?

At least this will be the first time I get to watch the finish line live, while a team is actually on it!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #289 on: April 06, 2007, 01:42:54 PM »
Can anyone recall where the interview is with BVM? when asked about the NEL legs he said something like " you'll just have to wait and see.."   ???

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #290 on: April 06, 2007, 01:44:44 PM »
that is so strange...have we ever had 3 episodes with the same teams?

Yeah,

TAR3: Legs 8 - 10
TAR5: Legs 8 - 10

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 06, 2007, 01:45:14 PM »
I remember reading that too puddin! The only thing I could think of would be that they try some kind of F2 thing this year, but that wouldn't work because of the plane sighting.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #292 on: April 06, 2007, 01:50:39 PM »
^^^ As well as the cbs press release that the final 3 race to the finish.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 06, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »
Oh yeah  :groan:

well that's odd then, I guess leg 10 NEL, leg 11 TBC, leg 12 chas gone oops, I mean leg 10 TBC, leg 11 NEL, leg 12 chas gone.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 02:07:16 PM by Michael D »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: April 06, 2007, 02:24:09 PM »
I share the same feelings that GMAN has expressed. I do not like the "week off". Having all the answers, except the very important ones of how the teams get to Kuala Lumpur International when they get there, handed to us by IZAD was indeed a mixed blessing.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 06, 2007, 02:31:41 PM »
I'm happy that Izad spoiled it for us. I like pretending that I don't know the outcome of the leg, but telling all my friends things like "I have a good feeling about D/K this week!" or "If D/K come in first you owe me five dollars!" They're all to dumb to notice I look at spoilers  :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #296 on: April 06, 2007, 02:55:46 PM »
I'm happy that Izad shared with us and if your going to blame anyone blame me because I asked him to please post his play by play here knowing he was going to do so at sucks. Someone was bound to mirror the spoiler anyway so I thank Izad for bringing the spoiler to us directly. Also there was a warning not to read Izads post :D so neener neener.

heres the BVM interview ..

RNO: I noticed on the first episode that Phil said that a team “will” be eliminated. On the most reason seasons, he's been saying “may” be eliminated at Pit Stops. He also mentioned eight eliminations, but he didn't say anything about the number of non-elimination legs. Is there a reason for this change?

Van Munster: No... The reason – you'll find out when you watch all 13 episodes. Very good of you [to notice that]!
RNO

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 06, 2007, 03:06:20 PM »
hmm..now I'm curious...I wonder what that means  ???

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #298 on: April 06, 2007, 03:34:36 PM »
I'm happy that Izad shared with us and if your going to blame anyone blame me because I asked him to please post his play by play here knowing he was going to do so at sucks. Someone was bound to mirror the spoiler anyway so I thank Izad for bringing the spoiler to us directly. Also there was a warning not to read Izads post :D so neener neener.

My real concern is: WHO IS IZAD and how did he know that the teams were going to the Batu Caves first so that he and his "team" could get there before they actually arrived?

Does he possess some kind of psychic powers or does he have an in with the production crew?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #299 on: April 06, 2007, 04:35:04 PM »
My real concern is: WHO IS IZAD and how did he know that the teams were going to the Batu Caves first so that he and his "team" could get there before they actually arrived?

Does he possess some kind of psychic powers or does he have an in with the production crew?
:lol: I don't care how Izad came upon the racer info and don't see why knowing is so important anyway  :badhorse:? Also Izad isn't some newbie, hes had credible spoilers in the past and with any luck you will know who he is on Sunday night ;).