Author Topic: EP9: - "The Way You Look, Yeah." (Thanks for the spoilers Izad)  (Read 154863 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP9: dedicated to Izad :)
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2007, 12:21:03 PM »
I think the bike thing would be the roadblock, since we only see Kandice doing it from the BQs, and Danielle doing it from E/D.

I knew U/J got screwed by a flight delay! Sucks for them, haha. I think C/M lose their lead.

Izad, based on the fact that your random images aren't so random, I'm impressed with the fact that you were able to sit on all of this information for almost four months! Good Job! *ends suck up in hopes of new information* .... HAHA, just kidding...or am I?   :lol3:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 12:25:59 PM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »
Welcome dtyz87   :hello2:.
Looks like its going to be an easy week ..we have hours to spoil this episode or why even bother? I think I'll work on my tan :pedaler:  :beach:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2007, 12:27:40 PM »
hmm...I wonder who gets eliminated this week....this is the biggest mystery EVER!

I must go now, I'm off to art class! Hopefully I'll come back with some proof of the BQs stealing number one this week! If they don't win the whole damn thing at least they better go out fighting  :knuckles:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2007, 01:19:54 PM »
Hey guys. I've been lurking on this site for quite some time and decided to start posting. I must say that I'm really impressed at what you guys came up with. Anyways, the sign board pointing right should say 'Kg Baru' which is short for Kampung Baru. Can't make out the left one though. And the words underneath Arabic writings looks like 'Masjid Jamek Kg Baru Kuala Lumpur'. Hope this helps

:waves:  Welcome dtyz87

I found a map where I think Charla & Mirna are standing on the street corner.  Thanks to dtyz87 keen eyes.   ;D  They appear to be standing near the building (green square on map) with similar writing as to what dtyz87 said ('Masjid Jamek Kg Baru ). 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 01:25:30 PM by Boingo »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2007, 01:24:09 PM »
NICE job Boingo and dtyz87!   :bunny

Is this the recycle/bike location--or something else??
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 02:57:11 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2007, 02:01:05 PM »
No surprise, but according to this interactive map of Kuala Lumpur, the building where C/M are standing is the Kampung Baru Mosque.   :angel:

« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 02:08:33 PM by Boingo »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2007, 02:09:30 PM »
I have been doing my usual with the airline flights. I start with my assumptions about the earliest teams can reach Krakow airport. They are:

Uchenna/Joyce and Oswald/Danny -  around 7am

Dustin/Kandice, Charla/Mirna and Eric/Danielle - after 1pm

So, that means that the obvious 6am flight to Vienna with the wonderful connection to Kuala Lumpur is out(and no doubt Amazing Race producers knew that when they scheduled the activites after Auschwitz/Birkenau to assure that the pitstop time plus 12 hours would be later than 5am).

The best flight if they hustle and can figure out the routing immediately on reaching the airport is:

OS8508 departing  KRK 0735 arriving VIE 0845
OS8803 departing VIE 1000 arriving ZRH 1125, with a very close connection on
MH(Malaysian) 009 departing ZRH 1210 arriving KUL 0605 Dec. 9

The next best is:
LO343 departing KRK arriving CDG 1010
MH002 departing CDG arriving KUL 0635 Dec. 9

My guess is that Oswald/Danny and Uchenna/Joyce each make a different choice. I bet O/D go through CDG with better luck than U/J.

The other 3 teams' best option appears to be:
OK(CSA) 773 departing KRK 1440 arriving PRG 1555
OK618 departing PRG 1705 arriving AMS 1840
KL809 departing AMS 2100 arriving KUL 1440 Dec. 9

This puts all these teams at least 8 hours behind the 2 teams if they arrived on schedule between 0605 and 0635. It makes it difficult to explain how Charla/Mirna all of a sudden become the leaders at Batu Caves. If someone can figure that out, please let me know. The only way I can explain it is that weather trouble or delays in Zurich and Paris do not affect Amsterdam and allow the 3 trailing teams to get back into the lead.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 02:17:28 PM by apskip »

Offline ChaoSPBunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2007, 03:02:06 PM »
Perhaps another equalizer?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2007, 03:02:58 PM »
apskip--would one more day make a difference in the flights?

I ask because on the Pitstop Cam they show our Final Five having a lovely lunch together down in the salt mine near Krakow :happy:

But I can't figure out how they do that without a longer than usual Pitstop--maybe 24 hours? It just seems like the teams are too spread out for everybody to have a leisurely lunch together inside of 12 hours...what do you think?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2007, 03:07:19 PM »
NICE job Boingo and dtyz87!   :bunny

:ythat:  :bunny

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2007, 03:18:25 PM »
Ok so i know we originally thought that U/J go out this leg and that they were so far behind from a previous leg.  It is clear from tonights episode we can scrap that.  What are the chances/probability that maybe they are in fact the team that is so far ahead?
i'd like to see some pictures
hmmm no sign of Ucheena & Joyce doing any tasks   :angel: hmmmm

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2007, 03:19:20 PM »

I ask because on the Pitstop Cam they show our Final Five having a lovely lunch together down in the salt mine near Krakow :happy:

But I can't figure out how they do that without a longer than usual Pitstop--maybe 24 hours? It just seems like the teams are too spread out for everybody to have a leisurely lunch together inside of 12 hours...what do you think?

PEACH, I haven't seen the Pitstop Cam yet. For the 3 bottom teams who would not be released until about 1pm there would be no problem with an early leisurely lunch. However, if Uchenna/Joyce or Oswald/Danny are shown then it has to be another extended pitstop. Those teams should be on their way by 7am. And yes, the day of the week can matter on flights. At least one of the flights listed above is a Friday or Friday/Wednesday or some other odd combination that would not apply if it were Saturday.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2007, 03:19:33 PM »
video

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2007, 03:38:25 PM »
Maybe Cha's && U/J got onto a flight w/ a connection, && U/J miss the connection. I'm guessing TBC.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2007, 03:42:36 PM »
I don't think it can be a TBC leg because that wouldn't fit with the 1 hour finale that CBS said is going to air on May 6th, so my guess is there is no TBC this season?

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2007, 03:58:15 PM »
lol idk its possible.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2007, 04:14:56 PM »

PEACH, I haven't seen the Pitstop Cam yet. For the 3 bottom teams who would not be released until about 1pm there would be no problem with an early leisurely lunch. However, if Uchenna/Joyce or Oswald/Danny are shown then it has to be another extended pitstop. Those teams should be on their way by 7am. And yes, the day of the week can matter on flights. At least one of the flights listed above is a Friday or Friday/Wednesday or some other odd combination that would not apply if it were Saturday.

Uh-oh.

They are all five there.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2007, 04:38:19 PM »
Not that I know one way or another but just curious why some of you think TBC? Why should U/J be saved just because their flight is delayed or whatever? Same could have been said for Teri/Ian & the Guidos.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2007, 04:40:43 PM »
The only leg that i think a TBC can possibly fit now is leg 10, and unless CBS messed up in their press release (which I doubt) then there wouldn't be enough weeks to air all episodes.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »
PEACH:

The answer to your earlier question, now that I have had time to research it, is that the Zurich-based connection is destroyed. Also, the Amsterdam connection is totally changed to other flights that arrive 2 3/4 hours later at 1725(instead of 1440. They are LO3312 to WAW, LO267 to AMS, BD112 to LHR and MH001 to KUL. The only connection that stays OK is the one through CDG. All of this assumes Saturday Dec. 10 and a 36 hour extended pitstop in Krakow. If the extended pitstop is only 24 hours, the n all bets are off and the analysis has to be totally redone.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:31:48 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »
PEACH:

The answer to your earlier question, now that I have had time to research it, is that the Zurich-based connection is destroyed. Also, the Amsterdam connection is totally changed to other flights that arriv 3 1/4 hours later. they are LO3312 to WAW. LO267 to AMS, BD112 to LHR and MH001 to LHR. The only connection that stays OK is the one through CDG.

Apskip--
Did you see this? I think it is in Krakow (??) and Dustin/Kandice say "I think they are not going to be able to make their flight" about U/J and then the editors flash to this--does it mean anything to you??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2007, 06:28:54 PM »
I was so sure that this thread would be rapidly increasing today, especially since we've known about this episode since November!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2007, 06:40:43 PM »
I was so sure that this thread would be rapidly increasing today, especially since we've known about this episode since November!

Not much more to know? We know where they go and who's ahead and the Roadblock looks lamo and we're all 99.9% sure that its either a NEL or TBC and Ucheena & Joyce arrive last or theres still that slight chance that U/J are eliminated. I guess all thats left is what the Detours are and where the pitstop is but have a feeling izad will fill in those blanks.

roughly..and these dates are solid

EP9 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ( 12/10 ) izad has reason to believe theres one leg in Malaysia [ 5 teams left, U/J eliminated or TBC or NEL U/J marked w/30 minute penalty]
EP10 Siu Sai Wa, Hong Kong (12/12) [4 teams or 5 teams left, U/J eliminated ]
EP11 Macau (12/14) [ 4 teams left, TBC or NEL Cha's marked w/ 30 minute penalty ]
EP12 Yigo, Guam/Honolulu, HI (12/16) [final 4 Chas eliminated in Guam ]
EP13 Honolulu, HI to San Francisco, CA (12/16to 12/17) [ final 3 race to the finish ]

eta: as of 7:45 ET CBS has yet to release a title for this leg  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:44:44 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2007, 06:43:59 PM »
Do we know if C/M keep their lead?