Author Topic: Top 10- A Mess of a Theme  (Read 2766 times)

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
Top 10- A Mess of a Theme
« on: March 27, 2007, 09:52:57 PM »
First off I have to say that this theme was weird. It was suppose to be bands or artists that influenced Gwen Stefani or songs from her or No Doubt. I'm sorry but there are many better themes that I can think of or artists to pick from instead, why not make the theme more generic like pop songs or music from the 1990's. Also Gwen kept giving the same advice to everyone, sing the melody. It looks like they edited her pieces with the contestants cause she didn't have a whole lot to say.

Performance wise, it wasn't good or bad, just whatever to me.

A few people did stand out though:

Gina- Excellent song choice, this girl can sing better than I think she knows. The big notes were beautiful and she really connected with it.

Phil- Finally we got to see the real Phil. A strong vocal and a performance that suited the song with a strong delivery.

Lakisha and Melinda, great singers, so we know that?

Jordin- Interesting and different choice, but I know she did it to prove she can sing anything and I think she proved that.

Sanjaya- Dear god, that boy should be voted off because of his horrible pony hawk alone.

Chris S.- Train wreck, this dude can't find the pocket and he wasn't on beat with the music. If he could have done that it would have been good because I think his vocal was decent.

Blake- I like him but for me it was a bit boring and honestly predictable, that is the second 311 song he has sung this season.

Chris R.- I think it was good but not great, but I did like the arrangement.

Hayley- She has a difficult time connecting with songs and I don't think she did tonight, she still seems a bit timid when it comes to ballads. I think she has the voice she just needs to put it out there.

Bottom (don't know if it will be 2 or 3)

Hayley
Chris S.

Going home:
Hayley

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
Re: Top 10- A Mess of a Theme
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 06:13:40 AM »
I think the theme of the night was "Pop Idols", which basically gave them license to sing anything!!!

Almost in total agreeance with you, bbllkates!!!  :tup:

For me, Gina and Phil were the best, followed by LaKisha (who I normally don't care for). Melinda was good, but what else is new. Unlike you, I did like Blake. But I admit to a little bit of bias with him.

Worst of the night were Haley, Chris S. and Sanjaya's hair!!! Do you think Sanjaya knows about the VFTW? I believe he does, and was playing up to it with that doo of his!!! It will be his undoing this week!!!

Bottom two ...... Chris S. and Sanjaya ........ going home ......... Sanjaya!!!  :happy:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 07:39:19 AM »
Bball...I"m going to post an article in my Idiot Box topic about the whole gwen thing.

GINA ROCKED!! She made me cry ...and I don't cry to Idol!!!

You notice how nice Simon is to Chris R?? I think he likes him...
What about Haley?? The fact that she's the best looking girl left...he's so nice to her when she had a bad performance

Blake bored me last night...(i'm a huge blake fan...and gwen was right the beat boxing didn't work in that song) I think simon has a point with the whole Chris Daughtry zone...he needs to watch himself...he may loose his appeal (never to me just like chris didn't lose to me...however he might want to not win to follow in Chris' footsteps and do his own thing and OWN It!!!)

Chris S...total shame cause he prob has the best voice of the guys...

Phil...man I can't watch him...he looks like a muppet...or better yet from south park terrance and phillip..hahha PHIL same name too!! .i'm half expecting his jaw to not be connected...lol I don't care for his voice....he was doing a pure copy cat of sting's voice.

[attachment deleted by admin]
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline bellick

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 02:17:54 AM »
I thought Phil was great! Excellent vocal performance by the bald man.

Lakisha and Melinda were at their usual best. They have been great singers all along. So I think they should make the top 3.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 07:00:42 AM »
everyone one is entitled to their own opinion
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~