Author Topic: EP 5 chat and updates  (Read 30404 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 5 chat and updates
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2007, 10:25:03 PM »
Try Mauritius. The editors wanted to disguise the time it took to do the detour that was never shown on TV. They listed the distance from a point on the southeast side of the island to near the northern tip as 190 miles when it is only about 45 miles. This was not a simple typing error; it was a deliberate effort to mislead. That is what we are seeing again. The editors either don't have time to show an overnight near Inhambane or don't want to show it for reasons we don't understand. It doesn't matter which, because the net impact on us is identical - an incomplete flow of events. It is barely possible that there really is an APOPO training field 45 miles from Maputo, but don't bet a lot on money on it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2007, 11:52:16 PM »
The insider video where uchenna can't tell time shows that were scheduled to arrive in Buenos Aires on 11/29 at about 10 AM, which is what you had along right?

Then the teams have a day on the beach so Inhambane is now almost certain because the nicest beaches are there--although this beach looked more like an inlet.

this is going to drive me nuts!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2007, 01:18:08 AM »
beach..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2007, 08:10:57 AM »
PEACH, I had them landing in Buenos Aires Aeroparque(domestic) at 0056, then needing to tranfer by taxi or bus to EZE, the Buenos Aires International airport. There, a range of flight possibilities were available starting at 0600 through about noon, any one of which would get them to Sao Paulo in time for the 0525 departure of South African Airways flight 206 for Johannesburg.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2007, 09:30:09 AM »
The insider video of the day at the beach really lends support to my theory that the teams did not do any tasks on Nov. 30. the day they arrived in Mozambique. I think they were given an afternoon at the beach to enjoy from several days of forced captivity on airlines. By that evening they were driven to Inhambane, where they had accommodations somewhere.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2007, 10:04:58 AM »
The insider video of the day at the beach really lends support to my theory that the teams did not do any tasks on Nov. 30. the day they arrived in Mozambique. I think they were given an afternoon at the beach to enjoy from several days of forced captivity on airlines. By that evening they were driven to Inhambane, where they had accommodations somewhere.

I'm drawing a blank.  Was there anything about getting off a ferry and having to run across a bridge during the show?  I don't recall anything like that.  In the Insider Vids Joe mentioned the night before (after having flown all day) that his ailments acted up "getting off the ferry and running across the bridge.  At the same time Joe talked about where they stayed "last night" but didn't say what city.  This was in the truck and I think they were on the way to Maputo after the rats.

This is the video where Joe is complaining about his aches and pains or something like that.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2007, 10:10:30 AM »
Check out the EP5 title thread  ;D , the Roadblock was in Bilene.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2007, 11:49:54 AM »
Phil to BQ's--"pretty in pink in Mozambique!"

This title would have been better, than the one they choose.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2007, 11:51:12 AM »
I was thinking the same thing, Why not give Phil the title! LOL

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2007, 11:51:54 AM »
:rotf: the Chas wanted to HUG Phil!

One of the best parts of this episode!!!! :yess:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2007, 11:59:22 AM »
I loved all those parts too.  This was a really good episode.  The rat roadblock is a jewel in the crown.  I was even weirdly happy watching Charla & Mirna at the mat.

Puddin, I was wrong about missing the market above.  We, or you!, did get it right.   :happy:

I think you even spotted 'the lady' in one of your tourista pix!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2007, 12:43:48 PM »
"WE" got it right Chateau because we spoiled it before the show aired  :happy:

..the Cha's chasing Phil! Priceless!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2007, 12:56:08 PM »
From Metro Newspaper Toronto March 19/07

Detour asks racers to pick: Pamper or porter?
By VAKIS BOUTSALIS
For Metro Toronto
Week Five on The Amazing Race All Stars begins with the eight remaining teams looking for their first clue that’s buried somewhere
on Marshall Glacier in the southern most tip of Argentina. Charla and Mirna are on a high after eliminating pre-race favourites Rob and
Amber last week, while Oswald and Danny struggle and lose their lead. The clue tells teams to fly more than 7,000 miles to Maputo, Mozambique. Once in Mozambique, tempers flare between Eric and Danielle and the Guidos, who have been getting on each other’s nerves all race. A roadblock has teams using trained rats to locate a race marker located over a de-activated mine. Once teams find their marker they head back into Maputo where the next clue is waiting. Mirna and Charla’s high is short-lived as they struggle with the roadblock and the cousins end up falling to the back of the pack. But the drop in position doesn’t faze the scrappy team, which is getting used to fighting back from last place. A detour asks teams to choose between pamper, where they sell manicures in the local market, or porter, where they sew and fill 10 40-pound bags of coal and deliver one to the owner in town. Mirna and Charla are
able to complete the detour the fastest, leading to their first first-place finish ever on Amazing Race. The cousins, who made
most of their money selling manicures to men, take the time to thank all the metrosexuals in the world. Meanwhile, Terri and Ian’s driver takes them to the wrong detour, and the married couple end up selling manicures when they would have rather filled bags with charcoal. It’s a lucky mistake, however, as the couple locates two customers right away and finish the leg in third. Of the teams that do choose to porter, Uchenna and Joyce have the hardest time as they struggle to find the address for their delivery. The charcoal-covered Oswald and Danny are so excited to make it to the finish line in fourth that they chase down the show’s host Phil with their arms wide open. Uchenna and Joyce are last to arrive, but, luckily for them, it is a non-elimination round. The couple is marked for elimination, and will be penalized 30 minutes in the next leg.
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~