What date are we on in TAR time?
PUDDIN, the Charla/Mirna and Oswald/Danny and Uchenna/Joyce and Dustin/Kandice arrivals at the dock in Dar-es-Salaam were on Saturday Dec. 2. Their trips across to Zanzibar and finsh at the pitstop were all on Sunday Dec. 3.
Eric/Danielle arrived at the dock Sunday late afternoon and finished up 3 hours behind U/J adn D/K Sunday night.
Joe/Bill and Ian/Teri got across to Zanzibar late Sunday night, but hours of operation stopped them until Monday morning Dec. 4 at the museum. After that, they went through the rungu toss and to the pitstop fairly quickly.
I predict that there will be a mass bunching of the top 5 teams getting to the next site, which I still think has to be Africa and probably in the Nairobi area. The Guidos will be left behind because they are almost 24 hours behind C/M and O/D and about 20 hours behind U/J and D/K.
Apskip, how do you figure Eric & Dnaielle are only 3 hours back from D & K and U & J and I don't recall an hours of operation. Am i missing somethinI mean not having check the time to travel. But with a three hour difference between boats 1 and two and the 2cd boat departing at 8:30 am. I would assume that there is still a three hour difference between the 3rd and 4th boat, but that isn't known. What is known is that they departed before Sunset, which should be 6 something p.m so Eric & Dee could ahve left around 5pm.
But thats a whole 8 and a half hours difference in time of departure.
I mean just from this, if no delays due to any variables that I am unaware of and if teams all took roughlyt he same time to travel and do taks. Then we should see that
Charla & Mirna & Oswald and Danny check in late afternoon that day (notice the long shadows on Phil. So I guess around 4:30pm
Then add a three hour and a half hour gap with U&J (due to penality) and doing all the same taks.
So I would guess a time of 8:00 pm
Dustin & Kandice probably around 15-30 minutes later.
And then Eric & Danielle at roughly at nearly 12 hours after Charla & Mirna & Oswald & Danny at say 3:30 (or maybe the mention 3am from Phil's interview (having to go back out a 3 am to check in a team.).
Then Guidos say 2 and a half or 3 hours after that. For a time after Sunrise say at around 6:30am to 7:00 am.
If I am even close to being correct it still leaves the first group a nearly unheard of lead of around 14-15 hours over the last team. Of course this could be the 17 hour mentioned or that could be a later leg.
SO comeon Chateau, apskip show me where I 've screwed up.
mswood, your assumptions may be more correct than mine. Here are my assumptions and analysis in a little more detail:
1. Dhows leave DAR dock at 530am (C/M, O/D), 830am (U/J, D/K), around 530pm (E/D) and 830pm (I/T, J/B), but museum was not open after 10pm(assume it opened 6am).
2. Crossings take 6 (I/T) to 9 (D/K) hours. Some may have taken more, but there is no way to know which ones. I will use 6 except for D/K and U/J
3. From west coast Zanzibar island to the museum was supposed to be 1/3 mile on foot, 5 minutes. Logs were 2 miles by taxi, then 1 mile by cart.
4. Puzzle looked like it could be done in less than 20 minutes by a sharp team(U/J or J/B) or 30 minutes for a slow one like Ian/Teri.
5. Logs could be done in about 40 minutes to get to the source, load, travel, and unload.
6. Distance to rungu toss was 15 miles or 30 minutes.
7. Rungu toss looked like to took 10 to 30 minutes.
8. Trip back to Old Fort, Stonetown would probably be in the 30 minute range.
Add it up and you get:
C/M finish line at 1400.
O/D finish line at 1410.
U/J finish line at 1945.
D/K finish line at 2015.
E/D finish line at 0125.
J/B finish line at 0740.
I/T finish line at 0745.
With this detail, I get 17 hours, 40 minutes as the lead Charla/Mirna have over Joe/Bill. The key to this is the assumption that the museum closed for 8 hours. This was substantiated by the fact that they were in daylight when exiting the museum, which if they went out around 0230 would have been impossible.