Author Topic: EP6: "We're Going To Trade You For Food Now."  (Read 132125 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP6: "We're Going To Trade You For Food Now."
« Reply #375 on: March 25, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »

:lol: Gman!
Now listen this is a disclaimer! I'm not sure if my scenario is right..its just a guess and really I could be WAY out there wrong about the arrival order of the teams but it was fun guessing no matter what the outcome is and to me it will make it more exciting to watch. It just maybe that we were right the first time around and the BQ's/Chas/Chmirna are teams 1,2, & 3. But why Ucheena/Joyce & Eric & Dee are doing the Roadblock whether its dusk or dawn is still a mystery? They are either way ahead or almost 24 hours behind the leaders? Really I have no idea  :umn: !

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2007, 12:56:53 PM »
I heard TAR12 has the unofficial green light  :happy:

yay! now all we need is the official announcement and I will be happy. Hopefully we get some awesome spoilers to keep us entertained over the summer, like the Kuwait spoilers last June, or Izads spoilers last December!

hehe, I hope you guys don't have to wait to long to watch TAR tonight with basketball and all , my Canadian self will be watching at 8PM exactly! No no, I'm joking, I actually don't like the fact that it's delayed because I have to wait longer to talk about it!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #377 on: March 25, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »
Still trying to give this a whirl ....just ignore me,I'm thinking out loud  B:)
fwiw there was a near full moon on Dec 4th in Zanzibar

Actual Time:
Rise:  5:59 AM EAT
Set:   6:27 PM EAT

Length of Day: 12h 27m

Oswald is using Danny's blue shirt as a blanket while he naps

I'm guessing this is The Chas arriving at the Detour after the Dhow trip,

Cha's now at the Roadblock between 8/9am or somewhere around there?
Oswald has now added the bottom of his cargo pants

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 25, 2007, 02:21:41 PM »
haha puddin
always adding more :P

don't worry, this will all be over soon!  :wohoo: (not that I want the episode to be over cause i'm excited to watch it, I just want to know what happens! I'm so excited!!)

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #379 on: March 25, 2007, 02:35:42 PM »
Sooooo ah-bviously the roadblock is NOT right before the pitstop, && EDEE && U/J could very well be teams 4 and 5. I think the detour coould be AFTER the roadblock.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #380 on: March 25, 2007, 02:40:20 PM »
Theres still something I'm not reading right about Phils interview
Phil arrives at the original Pitstop in the dead of night
Plans change, logistics..teams can't make it to the pitstop which is a 2 hour flight away or 9 hours driving?
Phil asks the crew if they could fly them back in the morning
Crew says no
So Phil & production fly back with the crew at night and get to the new pitstop at 3am?
then Phil & crew go out in the middle of the night for the pit stop, having not been to bed at all.
"There was no facility for any of us, like chairs or any of that. So at one point there was 12 of us, cameramen and production people, all tightly packed onto the mat, which was lying in a grassy area, being absolutely annihilated at 3:00 am by mosquitoes"

If Phil asked the crew to fly them back in the morning then he must know that the teams would be arriving in the morning at the pitstop so YEAH it just maybe that like we originally thought  :lol: ....( God help me :hides ) that the teams that we saw on the first flight BQ's/ Chas, then Charla/Mirna and the Cha's meeting up somewhere to take the Dhow trip to God knows where that afterall this craziness that the answer was right infront of our eyes and the original scenario of
1st) Chas/Charla/Mirna/BQ's
2nd) Chas/Charla/Mirna/BQ's
3rd)Chas/Charla/Mirna/BQ's
4th) U/J (dusk)
5th ) Eric/Dee ( pitch black )
6th) Guidos ( Phil: in this race your going to see an amazing finish between 2 underdog teams, racing neck and neck to come in )
7th) Teri/ Ian " losers go home"

Time will tell  :wohoo:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 25, 2007, 02:45:57 PM »
haha back to square one!

I would laugh if we have the speculation entirely wrong, these past days have been so much fun !!  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #382 on: March 25, 2007, 02:50:01 PM »
I've read the last few pages many times and I'm still lost. So now I'm just hoping the lost pitstop is not on this leg.  :rotf:

HAKUSHU8, on March 23 I stated to MICHAEL D "the next episode should be in Africa, somewhere within that 2 hour range. The one after that is Warsaw Poland and that is over 12 hours away. There is no possiblity of flying back from Poland to East Africa to move the pit stop for Episode 7. We're not certain, but the probability is pretty high. The conjunction of close distances between pitstops is available nowhere else except between Hong Kong and Macau and that will not involve any flying." It is probable that this is the lost pitstop leg.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 25, 2007, 02:53:02 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the BQs are actually ahead of C/M and D/O and they come in first in this leg since we are completely lost and have no idea what's happening, I might as well think my team comes in first  :angel:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #384 on: March 25, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »
haha back to square one!

I would laugh if we have the speculation entirely wrong, these past days have been so much fun !!  :lol:

I am sure the original idea is the correct one (damnit).  So I think your Queens did good.  And While out of three lead teams I would rather see Oswald & Danny get another win (I love those guys), I really do actively dislike Charla & Mirna (though last episode they weren't bad in behavior or attitude, so there is hope), so I would love to see Dustin & Kandice stomp them into the ground.  Plus they are coming across so much more personalable this season (Not to locals which they always did well, but with the other players).  Its also nice to see that they were aware of that from season ten.  Just like its nice to see Eric realize that he came off like a dog in heat in season 9.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #385 on: March 25, 2007, 03:04:37 PM »
You no whats depressing.  We are almost halfway through the season.

God, it goes to fast.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 25, 2007, 03:06:16 PM »
Yeah - espically since we have a goddamn 2 hour episode next week! I swear, I hope they have no episode one week, then at least we will get a 2 hour finale!

Thank god puddin said season 12 has been given the unofficial green light, now i have that to look forward to!

Offline NDIrish

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #387 on: March 25, 2007, 03:06:50 PM »

FF team usually skips all tasks except for their own one thing and then goes directly to the Pitstop. I don't remember a FF where the special task was the same as the other team's roadblock though.

U/J seemed awfully happy!

:reading:  I am pages away from catching up and maybe somebody has already come up with what's going to happen in the pages I have yet to read, but...

??? Where does the hair & henna come in?  It's just a thought but maybe this is the FF task?

I feel confident that Uchenna & Joyce would have no problem with this task, especially after Joyce had to lose all her hair in U/J's previous race.  It seems to me that it would provide another cultural experience to what they where feeling that makes this African leg special & meaningful to them on top of Uchenna's family ancestry ties to the region.

It's an easy enough task to let them make and complete a FF to get them in before the others...

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 25, 2007, 03:08:50 PM »
NDIrish - U/J can't take the FF because we see shots of them in the promo doing the Roadblock!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #389 on: March 25, 2007, 03:15:50 PM »
Yeah - espically since we have a goddamn 2 hour episode next week! I swear, I hope they have no episode one week, then at least we will get a 2 hour finale!

Thank god puddin said season 12 has been given the unofficial green light, now i have that to look forward to!
CBS says there is a show on April 8th ( Easter ).

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 25, 2007, 03:17:44 PM »
Yeah - I found out yesterday - but you never know, they might have one week without an episode for one reason or the other? If not then oh well, bring on TAR12 baby!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #391 on: March 25, 2007, 03:34:24 PM »
Sooooo ah-bviously the roadblock is NOT right before the pitstop, && EDEE && U/J could very well be teams 4 and 5. I think the detour coould be AFTER the roadblock.

the lighting is proof enough to me that the Pitstop is near the Roadblock..you can see the dusk ( or dawn, lol ) light reflecting in U/J's vehicle rear mirror.

Pitstop
**Uchenna & Joyce are overcome with emotions when they see local people who makes them think about themselves.
  Uchenna: my father's from Nigeria
Eric/Dee conf: Danielle doesn't have any hunter or gathering skills she has more shopping and dining skills..

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 03:39:59 PM by puddin »

Offline NDIrish

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #392 on: March 25, 2007, 04:13:18 PM »
I heard TAR12 has the unofficial green light  :happy:

yay! now all we need is the official announcement and I will be happy. Hopefully we get some awesome spoilers to keep us entertained over the summer, like the Kuwait spoilers last June, or Izads spoilers last December!

CBS is already has taken applications for TAR12, so even though it hasn't been announced officially...it seems to me that since CBS took the applications makes it official.  A copy of the application can be Googled with "The Amazing Race 12 application".

:plane: For the cities they went to for the applications and interviews, it looks like they went to:
Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle, Chicago, Miami, Dallas, Boston, Denver and Atlanta.

And then according to Wikipedia...
The TAR12 applications had a deadline of Jan. 16th, which is now passed the deadline.
The semi-finalist interviews were held last month in February and some are being finished up now in March.
The final casting will be done next month in April.
The filming is said to happen between June and August of this summer.
So...it looks like TAR12 will be on the Fall schedule.

:trampb:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2007, 04:18:09 PM »
Who knows?? :lol: :lol:

And what is worse?? We have absolutely NO idea what happens next week! I'm hoping they do more in Tanzania/Kenya but we really don't know.....So keep your fingers crossed for an excellent preview!

My take on the Charla/Mirna "life or death in the game" risky move? I wonder if there was a FF that they went for but for whatever reason could not/would not do--leaving them to scramble back to mid-pack. There are certainly things that Charla would not be capable of doing (like the bike task in their last season) and somehow I don't see Mirna shaving her head--WHAT would she do with the hot rollers?? :lol3:

We are still missing screenshots of the henna/hair plaiting, and no one has swum with our generic "Philpper" dolphin yet either--both of which could turn up this week or next. If this week --it won't be a task--but next week? Anything goes!

NDIrish--that's a fairly generic schedule --BVM has said he wants to keep doing it and is just waiting for CBS to pick it up--so I'll bet they are waiting to see post Romber ratings before giving the final thumbs-up!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #394 on: March 25, 2007, 04:19:10 PM »
Watch and listen for the locals to yell .. JAMBO! JAMBO! to the BQ's  :hearts:

The people in Pemba are incredibly friendly. They are so unused to seeing foreigners that they are open and welcoming to all. In outlying areas children may burst out crying at the sight of the strange wasungu (white people), especially at the sight of long blonde hair. Wherever you pass you will be accompanied by the screams of jambo! jambo!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline NDIrish

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #395 on: March 25, 2007, 04:21:44 PM »
NDIrish - U/J can't take the FF because we see shots of them in the promo doing the Roadblock!

:happy:  I see that now Michael, now that I finally caught myself back up sifting through all the posts and pages.  I almost need an Excedrin bottle with all the volleying back and forth on which team is where, on it being dusk or dawn, who's on which airplane, etc... :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #396 on: March 25, 2007, 04:28:17 PM »
I know its NOT the same ..
eta: this picture came from an album labeled Zanzibar

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 04:35:53 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #397 on: March 25, 2007, 04:39:39 PM »
There has been speculation that the first and second teams to arrive at the pit stop have a huge lead on the others; perhaps as much as 24 hours.  If this turns out to be the case, you can bet dollars for doughnuts that TPTB will arrange that all six remaining teams bunch up at leasts once or twice at the beginning of the next ep.  No way will TPTB let one team get that far ahead of the others.

And if Phil had to come back from the original planned pit stop, when does he do his standup introducing the site?  Also we should watch closely tonight to see how the instructions to proceed to the pitstop is handled?  Remember how the detour  which had scenes of Uchenna and Joyce starting the rock climb shown in the promo were cleverly edited out with a "voice over" comment that they would try the other task (can't recall exactly what it was but all teams did it and not the rock climb)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #398 on: March 25, 2007, 04:42:24 PM »
again this album labeled only Zanzibar

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #399 on: March 25, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »
G-Man actually sorry Peach

I do't know if the producers would deliberately change he schedule for teams to stop tehm.

But what wouldn't surprise me (since they do race the legs in advance) is that its possible the plan all the Hours of Operations points as being specific for only a certain day.

Ie just because say a shop, says its open at 8am to say 6pm.  It may only be open on the day the expect the teams to arrive at that point.

Thus allowing for the teams to genearlly be on the same day (except for an occasionaly last team that screws up bad). no matter what.

So unless the first group of teams is just the ones on time and all other groups reallys crew up andd put themselves a day behind, then the producers wouldn't have to change anything.

Though wouldn't it be kind of awesome if say this group (U & J, Eric & Danielle, Joe & Bill and Teri & Ian) are nearly a day behind.  And that somehow, Eric & Danielle manage by Izad's spoiled episode, to catch back up while the otherss slowly get eliminated and why Uchenna & Joyce are still so far behind in that episode.

People would be howling when they win.  Howling in the streets.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 05:16:28 PM by mswood »