Author Topic: EP5: "You Need To Watch Your Jokes, Guy."  (Read 102485 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP5: "You Need To Watch Your Jokes, Guy."
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2007, 01:26:14 AM »
Chateau - You are so awesome.

Apskip, thanks, I am killing myself going through the general thread for flights and such...

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2007, 01:34:55 AM »
Thanks mswood.  I guess this supports the flight that Apskip found.

I will die if they say the flight arrives 10 min early.   ;D
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2007, 03:16:23 AM »
Thanks puddin! :happy:

Is it possible for the rat roadblock to be in Vilanculos? It's about 403 miles away from Maputo and that would be a 10 hour drive or more. Although there is an airport there (Google Maps direct you to the airport when you search for Vilanculos, Mozambique), so they could do chartered flights again.

Also, found this photo taken from Vilanculos, which has great similarities with this intro pic, like what some people pointed out already. I'm thinking the long piece on the intro pic boat is the sail, but it's at a higher position than the sail in some of the pictures that I've seen.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2007, 07:45:27 AM »
I have not seen any previews of Teri and Ian in Africa.  In keepin' with puddin's boot list, are Teri & Ian so far behind that they do not factor in this episode?

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2007, 07:57:28 AM »
At the preview,Ian said something about the roadblock.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2007, 08:32:53 AM »
I'm going to pose what for me is the dilemma of this episode and ask for ideas and comments on it. Teams will have gone to a glacier before getting to the Ushuaia airport, then fly 1000 miles north to Buenos Aires and several hundreed miles further north to Sao Paulo. Then they get on a place for an almost 9 hour flight across the Atlantic Ocean and most of South Africa. Then they change planes in Johannesburg and fly one hour to Maputo.  It makes no sense for them to be again getting on any plane this episode and going another 405 miles northeast to work with the giant rats where the landmines are. I believe that some giant rats are imported to the Maputo area for a special, simple task so teams can finish the detour or roadblock and get back to the old Portuguese fort for the pit stop. If teams were going to go to the landmine area, then it would logically be in another episode since that area is on the way to Tanzania and Kenya. What do you think?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2007, 08:57:51 AM »
I may have the answer to the dilemma posed above. It can be found on the APOPO website. APOPO is the organization running the landmine clearing operation further north in Mozambique, but its training base is here:

Mine Detection Rats
PO Box 649 , Maputo - Mozambique
Country office, Logistics and Training base:
Avenida da Revolucao, Inhambane
Tel/Fax: + 258 293 20 126 - Mobile : + 258 82 31 80 990

Inhambane is 300 km (190 miles) north and east of Maputo on the coast. I am guessing that it will be 4 to 5 hours by car or bus. That is doable for tired Amazing Race teams, even though it is equally possible that the rats are imported to the Maputo area for a special task. It is also possible that the rats used by the Amazing Race are not landmine-trained rats. There are plenty of rats around Maputo, some of which (cane rats) are part of the local diet.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2007, 10:46:15 AM »
WTG everyone  :happy:
What comes first Roadblock or Detour? Chateau can you guess from the Roadblock sun if its early or late in the day?
In the taxi scene Danielle says" I'm not touching any of these peoples feet." toe painting and Dirty/Digging are the Detour since the Rats are the Roadblock.
Now during the Roadblock Rats we see teams with trucks and they are maybe bunched for maybe Hours of operation.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »
Wherever it is, it takes place early in the next morning on December 1st.

Probably a major bunch point where they all have to wait until 6:00 am. (That's what this solar altitude looks like:  about 14 deg)

Hey, Puddin I was already on it!

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2007, 10:55:42 AM »
Wherever it is, it takes place early in the next morning on December 1st.

Probably a major bunch point where they all have to wait until 6:00 am. (That's what this solar altitude looks like:  about 14 deg)

Hey, Puddin I was already on it!
:hfive: I should have known!  :lol: ! I wonder why they wern't clued to drive the trucks to the Detour? oh well..

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2007, 11:00:24 AM »
WTG everyone  :happy:
What comes first Roadblock or Detour? Chateau can you guess from the Roadblock sun if its early or late in the day?
In the taxi scene Danielle says" I'm not touching any of these peoples feet." toe painting and Dirty/Digging are the Detour since the Rats are the Roadblock.
Now during the Roadblock Rats we see teams with trucks and they are maybe bunched for maybe Hours of operation.

"What comes first Roadblock or Detour?"

Don't have an inklin' but I guess that Schmirna is not going into the minefield and Eric may be giving somebody a pedicure  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2007, 11:02:04 AM »
Papi, Danielle = a Kendra moment  :lol:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »
According to the download document at this site, they have to work with the rats in the early morning; it's too hot for them later in the day.

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2007, 11:05:23 AM »
Papi, Danielle = a Kendra moment  :lol:

:lol3: And Eric a Drama Queen (is that PC?) confrontation?

(If it's over the top please delete.)

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2007, 12:43:19 PM »
According to the download document at this site, they have to work with the rats in the early morning; it's too hot for them later in the day.

SLOWHATCH, I used your reference (which might have been based on my website reference) to learn about the Limpopo Railroad since that is where some active clearance is taking place. This railroad runs from Zimbabwe into Mozambique at Chicaulacaula through Chokwe into Maputo. For those who want to know where these places are, consult the excellent interactive map reference provided by SLOWHATCH in the MAPS, MAPS, MAPS thread around 1am today. For those who want to learn more about this railway click here: LIMPOPO RAILROAD. Rats could be in use along this railroad quite close to Maputo.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:54:42 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2007, 01:36:01 PM »
For those who want to know where these places are, consult the excellent interactive map reference provided by SLOWHATCH in the MAPS, MAPS, MAPS thread around 1am today
I agree that Slowhatch's interactive map is excellent as well as addicting! I'm totally hooked on it ..but be warned! it is not a good map for someone that has TAR OCD  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2007, 03:10:36 PM »
( I have some time to kill and will work on piecing this together here and there )

Web clues:
*Friction begins to develop between Oswald and Danny.
*An AIDS march hits close to home with Danny.

*Teams are reeling after the departure of Rob & Amber.

Team arrive at the Mastil Crucero A.R.A. General Belgrano,  pitstop EP4 in this order:

1) Oswald/Danny
2) Eric/Danielle
3) Teri/Ian
4) Joe/Bill
5) Dustin/Kandice
6) Uchenna/Joyce
7) Charla/Mirna

:bar:
It looks like the teams might have to search for a clue at the Martial Glacier,in Ushuaia to direct them to the next clue.

Bill & Joe
umm?
Charla/ Mirna and ? doesn't matter, all teams will have to do it.

UshuaiaSighter posted (11/28/06 )@ sucks at 5:13 pm.
*Hi to all. I'm doing a trip through South America and I'm now in Ushuaia, Argentina (southern most city in the world).
*About an hour ago Bill and Joe (Team Guido) entered an internet cafe/calling center (locutorio) with a cameraman and a soundman. They wanted to call a few airlines (Aerolinas Argentinas and South African Airlines). I guess they are heading to South Africa then.Sorry for the quality of the pictures. I was in a rush and the cameraman was intimidating! "
--------------------------------------------------
The locutario where the pics were taken was at the corner of 25 de Mayo and San Martin in Ushuaia. It was taken at about 19h15 Ushuaia time (17h15 NYC). The sunset here is at about 22h15.

*I think they already had their plane tickets out of Ushuaia to probably Buenos Aires. It's a pain to get out of Ushuaia by eather plane or bus these days. You have to book way in advance. So it would be impossible for 8-9 teams + crew to just hop on a plane. So I guess the tickets were handed to them, with 2 or 3 departing times.

apskips Ultimate Time-Line:
5. Ushuaia 11/28 to Maputo
Leaders fly out on Aerolineas Argentinas 1886 from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires International 1030 to 1511; stragglers go on AR2811 2136 to 0056 arriving at Buenos Aires Domestic, requiring bus or taxi transfer to Buenos Aires International terminal
LAN Argentina 4554 Buenos Aires 1900 to 2135 Sao Paulo
LAN Argentina 4550 Buenos Aires 0805 to 1040 Sao Paulo
SAA206 Sao Paulo 1725 to 0715 Johannesburg
TM300 Johannesburg 0840 to Maputo 0940 11/30  (note: TM is the code for LAM)
NOTE that catching the earlier flight out of Ushuaia made no difference in arrival at Maputo due to once a day transatlantic flight.
Pitstop on evening of 12/1

Chateau : This shot was taken here between 9:23 and 9:37 am (assumes November 30th).

Roadblock/RATS
*RACERS DEPART ARGENTINA AND HEAD TO MOZAMBIQUE WHERE ONE TEAM’S TAUNTING OF ANOTHER TEAM QUICKLY ESCALATES INTO A WAR OF WORDS, ON "THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS"
*Eric & Danielle taunt Joe & Bill, which quickly escalates into a war of words.

*Teams get up close and personal with..a rat!
* During a Roadblock, Teams must get up close and personal with a rat in order to receive their next clue.

Dustin or Kandice?
Eric/Dee,The Cha's,The Guidos,Ucheena & Joyce
Joe:"You Need To Watch Your Jokes, Guy."
Mirna/Charla

Kandice & Ozzy
Ozzy: Grosse!"
Joyce & Kandice

Eric/ Roadblock
Dustin/Roadblock
Charla/ Roadblock
Ian/Roadblock

Detour/ Dirt Bag or Dirty Feet :lol:?
Dirty Feet :lol:
Dani: I'm not touching any of these people feet.

Dirtybags

The Cha's and the Guido's?

Pitstop, Maputo: Portuguese fort 

Eric: its hard having a girlfriend on the race, you know we have to kind of seperate the relaitionship from everything thats happening around us ..people go nuts and freak out and yell at each other a lot. i'm treating her pretty much as a guy except she has nicer boobs.

Mirna: I don't want to be around the Guidos the entire way
Charla..(?) on the last leg..
Mirna: they ditched us and we are on our own..we can't trust them

Joe: Bill and I constantly get nervous when were gonna fall to last place and you just don't want to be way back behind everybody else..

misc:

Mirna/Chala: lets sing a song in your country " lalalalalala"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 01:00:27 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2007, 03:23:58 PM »
Do we know if all of the teams will get to the road block at the same time since there is an HOH this time around?

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2007, 03:26:14 PM »
Do we know if all of the teams will get to the road block at the same time since there is an HOH this time around?

HOH?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2007, 03:34:45 PM »
 :tup: I agree Puddin that the glacier isn't a Roadblock or Detour, just an info stop. Dirtbags are probably half of the Detour, I don't know the other half (henna maybe?). And as for the ice-pack cap we found a long time ago, it's now or never.

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2007, 03:40:41 PM »
My guess is tht the roadblock comes before the detour, based on what we know.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2007, 03:52:56 PM »
:tup: I agree Puddin that the glacier isn't a Roadblock or Detour, just an info stop. Dirtbags are probably half of the Detour, I don't know the other half (henna maybe?). And as for the ice-pack cap we found a long time ago, it's now or never.
  :lol: Dirt Bags & Dirty Feet! Slowhatch your picture is clearer.. I think thats the Guidos working alongside the Cha's?

ETA: is it more or are there flash's of lights in the background Dirtybags?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:56:20 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2007, 04:08:34 PM »
Sparkles were used in a couple of the transitions. Here's a mat cap from the promo.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2007, 04:10:35 PM »
Tricky bastards  :meow:! Thanks Slowhatch ..  :yess:

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »
  :lol: Dirt Bags & Dirty Feet! Slowhatch your picture is clearer.. I think thats the Guidos working alongside the Cha's?

ETA: is it more or are there flash's of lights in the background Dirtybags?

puddin, my ZOOM shows both the Chas wearing shorts (left hand,) Joyce to the right of Danny, and Guidos to her right wearing grayish tees with yellow sleeves. Am I seeing straight again  ???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:58:38 PM by Big Papi »