Author Topic: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."  (Read 107058 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."
« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2007, 10:55:26 PM »
That's okay--I'm still going where the heck is Metri?! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2007, 11:02:11 PM »
 :lol:  Best line of the night....when Charla & Mirna pick up a local to show them the way....

..."Welcome to Charla and Mirna's world, it's a scary one!"...    :lol3:   :rotf:   :snicker:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »
:lol:  Best line of the night....when Charla & Mirna pick up a local to show them the way....

..."Welcome to Charla and Mirna's world, it's a scary one!"...    :lol3:   :rotf:   :snicker:
:lol: they are Evi!!

l

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2007, 12:28:45 AM »
So Joyce & Uchenna tried it.

And no confirmation in insider clips so far about any other team trying.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2007, 08:14:57 AM »
That's okay--I'm still going where the heck is Metri?! :lol:

See post #15 on Episode 3 Updates for a line drawing which shows it to the southeast of Puerto Montt.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2007, 08:54:40 AM »

l

Double checked the tape.  All nine teams elect to do the Wild River.  Uchenna and Joyce are seen opening clue and electing to do the Wild River.  Only possibility is that they chose to do the climb after seeing the river, but there is no visual during the program of any team doing the Verticle Climb.  CBS blurb, not withstanding, but there never are shown "two teams electing to change the detour task."

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2007, 09:48:56 AM »

l

Double checked the tape.  All nine teams elect to do the Wild River.  Uchenna and Joyce are seen opening clue and electing to do the Wild River.  Only possibility is that they chose to do the climb after seeing the river, but there is no visual during the program of any team doing the Verticle Climb.  CBS blurb, not withstanding, but there never are shown "two teams electing to change the detour task."

GMAN, editors are highly skilled. Do you think it's possible that the "elect to do the Wild River" statement might have come after they had failed at Rock climbing? I do.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2007, 01:08:32 PM »
missed the show...did I miss anything good?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2007, 01:26:16 PM »
YES Wendy! I don't know where to begin  :lol: the fish Roadblock was a riot! Everyone screaming and yelling ..fear of FISH  :lol3:

This guy does all the youtubes ..
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JTF72

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2007, 01:39:20 PM »
And ended with the bathing suit/bikini models... :yess:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2007, 02:38:35 PM »

l

GMAN, editors are highly skilled. Do you think it's possible that the "elect to do the Wild River" statement might have come after they had failed at Rock climbing? I do.

Just tripled checked the tape.  Why would Uchenna and Joyce go BACK to the Clue Box to read the clue again if they tried the rock climb and failed?  On the tape Joyce rips open the clue and live on camera says "Let's do rapids.  What do you think"  They then are seen entering car as Uchenna in a voice over says "Let's do it".  Now clever editing could have left out discussion between the two and decision to do the rock climb afterall and make it sound like it their only choice was the rapids.  After the clue box we see the in a car passing Eric and Dee and asking "where are the rapids".  Now this could be as they were coming back from the rock climb.  If all this takes place then Uchenna and Joyce must have had a long lead over Eric and Dee since they end up together.  This also means that Romber was at the pit stop with a huge lead on the others.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2007, 03:01:02 PM »
As I recall, we were told that the rock climp was xx yards away where xx was so small that teams would get there by just walking over to it.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2007, 03:41:40 PM »
For Chateau's timeline
2006/11/24/ << pic date

Danny (left) and Oswald take a break as the teams leave Valle de la Muerte, Chile and travel via air to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to find the Route Marker on THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #313 on: March 05, 2007, 03:43:26 PM »
2006/11/24/<< pic date
"I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know" -- The teams travel to T Centro Acuicultura in Puerto Montt, Chile where one team member (Danielle) must perform a Road Block, in which they remove all of the fish [flounder] from a tank in order to receive their clue on the bottom of the empty tank on THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #314 on: March 05, 2007, 05:10:10 PM »
As I recall, we were told that the rock climp was xx yards away where xx was so small that teams would get there by just walking over to it.

Believe it was 200 yards.  Still why go back to the Clue Box to rip open clue again and read it and decide to do the rapids.  Does not make much sense.  Just some post production editing to clean it all up.  Somebody leaked the shot of them at the rock climb while the editors were trying to make it look like the rapids was there only decision!  Anyway, its over and done with.  This has happened several times before when we had pix of tasks that never came off: i. e. teepee building in Canada, bean counting in Dubai or somewhere.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #315 on: March 05, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »
^^ Izabela's infamous TAR10 Mauritius Roadblock video that never aired :jam:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: March 14, 2007, 06:16:29 PM »
ROB told RealityNews Online in an interview on 3/12/07 that "They didn’t show it, but we did actually attempt the rock climbing." So it was Uchenna/Joyce and Rob/Amber for the switched detour to whitewater rafting.