Author Topic: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."  (Read 107087 times)

Offline NDIrish

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."
« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2007, 03:40:07 PM »
ok, excuse me for being incredibly slow if I'm missing something...but do we know who the green shirt in this photo belongs to?

I've been pondering that, too, Mike.  Joyce has a green shirt but that isn't Joyce because she has longer sleeves on her green shirt.  The other two green short sleeve shirts that I know about are Oswald and Bill.  It seems to me the green shirt in the picture is lighter than the green shirt Oswald is wearing.  But then when you look at the arm it looks a bit chunkier than I would think Bill's arm, since he's lean and looks fairly tall.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »
well it could always just be a non-racer

oh well...we'll know soon.

I'm excited for this episode :D

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »
who is that in the background of the danny's picture?
How the hell do i know? :lol: Could be Amber?

:lol: Beat's the hell out of me, too.   :lol3:   (Black pants & red(?) shirt)   ???

Could it be Teri?  She's wearing a red jacket? in the airport and tan pants.  In the picture it looks like some of the tan pants are visible at the top of the waders and that could be her jacket? with the sleeves rolled up.

I've been wondering too and just now saw what looks like tan pants visible.  We may know tonight.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2007, 04:14:31 PM »
well if it is teri that would mean all of the teams (but d/m and c/m) are doing the road block at the same time because there was that clip with the chas, bqs, and teri/ian.

Offline NDIrish

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2007, 04:28:52 PM »
well if it is teri that would mean all of the teams (but d/m and c/m) are doing the road block at the same time because there was that clip with the chas, bqs, and teri/ian.

We see a clip of Mirna doing the fish catch...she says something about the fish not hurting (biting maybe?) her again.  That only leaves D/M not being seen doing their road block.

It could be Teri as it matches. But in one of the clips I've seen when she and Ian are scuffling with C/M at the airport, she moves and you can see the jacket isn't all the way closed and she has on a white shirt underneath it.  Maybe she didn't want fish water on her white shirt.  I think I would have taken the jacket off to give myself more mobility.  But then maybe the jacket sleeves would protect her from the fish chomping her arms. 

Then I noticed that when we see the three teams (chas,bqs & T/I) running, puddin pointed out Teri running in the middle of the group in what look like a black shirt...she changed clothing while Ian didn't, he has the same blue shirt on that he wore in the airport.  Oswald has his green shirt on. So I'm thinking  at that point, both tasks have been done (maybe Teri changed from falling in the river water) and they are on their way to Phil's mat.   Oswald looks like he has an edge on Ian.   :js:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2007, 04:32:28 PM »
but is the rafting anywhere near the yellow house?

Offline NDIrish

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2007, 04:57:51 PM »

:umn:  I don't think so.  There are three pictures (and a clip) I'm trying to deduce from (I'm new so maybe my detective skills aren't honed yet  :angel:)   Actually on page 10 post #248 you see the yellow house in the pictures of the fish place...so I think the yellow house is more close to the fish place.

But then there is on page 1/post #2 the clip of C/M squabbling with T/I at the airport.  To which Teri is wearing her tan pants and redish jacket...which is being speculated on in the Danny background picture at the fish place.

And then on the picture Puddin posted on page 11/post #264, in which she points out Teri, Teri is wearing a black shirt.  Somewhere between the airport, the fish place and the yellow house Teri changed her top.  The pants kind of look the same and the waders would have kept them dry.

Maybe they did the river rafting first? And maybe they had some driving to do from the fish place to get to the yellow house, she could have changed in the back seat while Ian drove. ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2007, 05:03:06 PM »
ok, excuse me for being incredibly slow if I'm missing something...but do we know who the green shirt in this photo belongs to?

:umn: could be a camara man for all the hell i know?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »

:umn:  I don't think so.  There are three pictures (and a clip) I'm trying to deduce from (I'm new so maybe my detective skills aren't honed yet  :angel:)   Actually on page 10 post #248 you see the yellow house in the pictures of the fish place...so I think the yellow house is more close to the fish place.

But then there is on page 1/post #2 the clip of C/M squabbling with T/I at the airport.  To which Teri is wearing her tan pants and redish jacket...which is being speculated on in the Danny background picture at the fish place.

And then on the picture Puddin posted on page 11/post #264, in which she points out Teri, Teri is wearing a black shirt.  Somewhere between the airport, the fish place and the yellow house Teri changed her top.  The pants kind of look the same and the waders would have kept them dry.

Maybe they did the river rafting first? And maybe they had some driving to do from the fish place to get to the yellow house, she could have changed in the back seat while Ian drove. ???

Teri didn't change her shirt, she took her jacket off ;) . I don't know how you all think the rafting/climbing Detour comes first with the teams so bunched at the roadblock? 2 hours and we'll know  :happy:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2007, 05:22:44 PM »
It seems to me we are now doing a lot of jousting with windmills.  Trying to read too much into too little.  In an hour and 39 minutes all our suffering will be ended. 

Sit back, pop open a cool Warsteiner, and enjoy the show, ya'll

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2007, 05:23:44 PM »
Could be Joe in the background and wheres Oswald's waders?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #286 on: March 04, 2007, 05:27:13 PM »
and we can see the non-roadblockers behind Mirna

Offline NDIrish

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2007, 05:50:50 PM »
 Teri didn't change her shirt, she took her jacket off ;) . 2 hours and we'll know  :happy:
[/quote]

I'll tell you where I was getting that Teri changed her shirt.  In Phil's preview clip when C/M and T/I are squabbling and just before Ian starts calling for Security, Teri turns toward Ian.  When she does that there is a white collar showing...I took it that she was wearing a white shirt.  When challenged about it, I went back and looked at the clip again and paused it where I was seeing white.  When I did this I see that I was wrong, she did have a black shirt on...actually it looks like a black shirt, a white something and then her redish jacket.  Anyhow I see my err of my sight and correct myself that she didn't change her shirt...but that is where it came from.  Guess I need some new contacts.  :groan:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2007, 05:56:12 PM »
well if that is joe in the background then we know that basically all of the teams do the roadblock at the same time. IM SO EXCITED!! ONE HOUR!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2007, 05:59:23 PM »

The answer to that is almost certainly no.

The river we have identified as the Petrohue, and it takes about 45-60 minutes or so to get there from Puerto Varas, from what I understand from reading the rafting company info.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2007, 06:22:26 PM »
How many wenches do I have lined up so far?  Remember I have to do it all on my own with no help from no blue pills!

:waves: I'm already in line Gman!!
and Gman thats why I think the Roadblock comes first and also the location does us no good without Chateau  :'(  :crown

I agree, it looks like the Roadblock come first.  Too much activity in connection with the Detour (Shoot it or Climb it) to then go back to do the Roadblock with what looks like at least 6 teams all bunched up.  So think order of the day reads something like this:

1.  Drive from Valley of the Dead to Calama Airport

2.  Fly to Puerto Montt via Santiago

3.  Find the Fish Farm nearby, ROADBLOCK, (who is quick with their hands?) catch barehanded (a la Survivor a plus for Romber) one or two flounder-type flat fish and carry them a ways to the fish monger who will give them the next clue.

4.  Travel to Rio Petrohue area for DETOUR, either Climb It (scale 40 foot cliff) or Shoot It (shoot the rapids in a rubber raft)  Two teams try to Climb It but decide to Shoot It instead.  One team has trouble and loses a member overboard (either Mary or Teri).

5.  At end of task, proceed to PIT STOP.  One teams arrives, but must go back to pickup clue.  The team (Bill and Joe or Mary and David) has just followed the others to the Pit Stop without picking up clue at the end of the Detour.

6.  Mary and David have just had too many bad things happen to them in the leg and end up being Philiminated as the third team to be sent to the isolation of sequesterville in A Ka Pul Co!

GMAN, I have to respetively disagree with your forecast of timing. I think that the plane into Puerto Montt will be landing at 1240. At that time of day, rafting will take several hours and logic tells me it will be started ASAP. Fish farming is not time dependent and can be done anytime, so it will be done later. In about one hour we should know which order is correct.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2007, 06:48:22 PM »
Okay, my OCD  :lol: has kicked in and now I want to know exactly WHEN they arrive and WHEN they can leave for the next place, because I think all that is going to play a role in whether or not one of our SA legs becomes a TBC/NEL/ "Marked for Elimination" leg....

I'll try to start with what I think we know so far, but I'm going to need lots of help from apskip's flight data and Chateau's time/shadow shots and mswood's timelime eye--and all of y'all to chime in on this...

Okay--I don't think we know when the teams arrived at the pitstop last week --maybe exit interviews will help pin it down? for now, I'll assume afternoon on the 23rd, and also assume a 12 hour pitstop...
Leaving the pitstop:

Drive themselves back to Calama airport: This should be about 50-60 miles, so let's figure about 1 1/2 hours to get to the airport and another hour to 2 for finding a flight and checking in. Assuming that most of the will be leaving the pitstop in the wee hours of the morning, that allows for airport bunching.

The first flights I see out Of Calama to Puerto Montt are shown below  (assumes 11/24) :

So let's assume that our guys arrive in Puerto Montt between 12-1PM. (Do we think any of them are so far behind that they won't get on the AM flight?)

Both rafting companies I checked have departures from Puerto Varas (just a little bit away from the airport at Puerto Montt--see Maps! Maps! Maps!) at 3PM with 5 hour total trips, 2 hours on the river--and somewhere I read that it takes about just under an hour to get to the river, and there will be some sort of a safety briefing too to need some time.
Ko'Kayak Time Schedule : 9h00 and 15h00 from Puerto Varas
Duration : 5h00 overall: 2h00 on the water for a 13 km run

So I need  shadow help here as to whether or not the Fish-Block or the Rafting/Climbing comes first?

Since we know that this is an elim week thanks to TES preview, where would the most likely pitstop be? I think it makes more sense to have them at the fishery late in the day rather than at the river--but I'm just guessing here. (I'm thinking it is time for a shower somewhere and not just a river bath! :lol:) Where would the team having to go back for a clue fit in? If the pitstop wasn't at the river but maybe at Puerto Varas, that could be very time-consuming to have to go back to the river--but might work with the whole having to go somewhere to get a clue...)

If the last task was the Fish-block--where would they have to go that required going back for a clue? Wouldn't that all be right there?--We see the teams at the clue box...

But in any case, looks like we'd be looking at late afternoon/ early evening pitstop arrivals.

That would mean early Am flights again on the 25th to get our teams to Punta Arenas for their time shots of early afternoon, already determined by Chateau. (We know they are at Cerro in Punta Arenas by at least 12:45 or thereabouts...)

Then here is where it all gets tricky and confusing...

We have Punta Arenas on the 25th (with some possible clues for an Intersection? I'm not 100% convinced about this)...
We have apskip's findings of no scheduled flights on Sundays(11/26) from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia, setting up the possibility of a   l o n g   bus ride(SAT PM to SUN AM??) (although I do still think a chartered flight is an option given that we need them in the park by 11/26).
We know the teams were seen in Tierro del Fuego park on 11/26 (zodiac boats) and again on 11/28 (Guido's at internet/booking place)
This all starts to smell like a combined leg to me--at least a TBC if not a NEL...
This still needs work--what do you all think?

PEACH,
All teams should easily get to Calama in time to make the 730am flight, which after connecting through Santiago arrives at Puerto Montt at 1240(information contained earlier in this thread).

In looking at going from Puerto MOntt to Punta Arenas, there is big trouble because there are only 2 nonstop flights most days and a third connecting flight on some (including fortunately Fridays). The first one out is LAN 260 back to Santiago leaving at 0600, connecting to Lan 281 which arrives Punta Areans at 1125. Anyone that misses that is going to get the 1305 nonstop and not get to Punta Arenas until 0315.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 10:03:55 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »
How many wenches do I have lined up so far?  Remember I have to do it all on my own with no help from no blue pills!

and Gman thats why I think the Roadblock comes first and also the location does us no good without Chateau  :'(  :crown

I agree, it looks like the Roadblock come first.  Too much activity in connection with the Detour (Shoot it or Climb it) to then go back to do the Roadblock with what looks like at least 6 teams all bunched up.  So think order of the day reads something like this:

3.  Find the Fish Farm nearby, ROADBLOCK, (who is quick with their hands?) catch barehanded (a la Survivor a plus for Romber) one or two flounder-type flat fish and carry them a ways to the fish monger who will give them the next clue.

4.  Travel to Rio Petrohue area for DETOUR, either Climb It (scale 40 foot cliff) or Shoot It (shoot the rapids in a rubber raft)  Two teams try to Climb It but decide to Shoot It instead.  One team has trouble and loses a member overboard (either Mary or Teri).

5.  At end of task, proceed to PIT STOP.  One teams arrives, but must go back to pickup clue.  The team (Bill and Joe or Mary and David) has just followed the others to the Pit Stop without picking up clue at the end of the Detour.

6.  Mary and David have just had too many bad things happen to them in the leg and end up being Philiminated as the third team to be sent to the isolation of sequesterville in A Ka Pul Co!

GMAN, I have to respetively disagree with your forecast of timing. I think that the plane into Puerto Montt will be landing at 1240. At that time of day, rafting will take several hours and logic tells me it will be started ASAP. Fish farming is not time dependent and can be done anytime, so it will be done later. In about one hour we should know which order is correct.

Neener Neener the detour is first   :yess:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2007, 09:07:59 PM »
So now we have a positive ID for the church in the opening vidcaps: San Pedro de Atacama.  Missed that first stop, but the rest followed the plan pretty well.  Did any team actaully try the rock climb?  The tease said "two teams switched tasks" during the Detour, but I did not see anyone trying the rock climb. 

There must be a fairly good spread between the arrival of the teams at the matt, as the B Q's actually had time to retrace the route back to the La Maquina marker to pickup the clue they missed and still get back in time to still be in fourth place.

A really broad hint in the "next week" promo that disaster strikes Romber.  What a crushing blow this is going to be after actually winning handily the first three eps (that must be somekind of record).  But they will have a nice vacation in A Ka Pul Co for over two weeks.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2007, 09:17:26 PM »
I can't recall them even showing E/D climbing? and only heard teams deciding which detour they might take?
Maybe it will be on the Insider Clips  :lol:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2007, 09:41:42 PM »
This is what we were looking for: so far, it's the only Bahia Metri photo I've found. The source page has the lat-long, but don't bother looking it's in the fuzzylands.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2007, 10:00:49 PM »
Damn those fuzzylands  :lol:

and a future confessional from the Guidos ( thanks Kogs )? they are talking about Eric & Dee.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2007, 10:14:27 PM »

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2007, 10:15:58 PM »
I cant wait to watch this episode!
I hope it's uploaded to YouTube soon  :jumpy:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #299 on: March 04, 2007, 10:38:39 PM »

Neener Neener the detour is first   :yess:

GMAN and PUDDIN,
It is no secret that your judgment was better on this one. At 806pm I had proof that my judgement was not when the clue for Metri was read out.