Author Topic: Gary Stritesky  (Read 3637 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Gary Stritesky
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:35:42 AM »
Biography
Born and raised in Silver Lake, Minnesota, Gary Stritesky attended Silver Lake High School where he participated in football, basketball, track and baseball. He then attended St. Cloud State University and also trained at Brooks Barber School which ignited a 14-year career as a barber. He also participated in a real estate program at Anoka-Ramsey Community College.

Stritesky currently works as a school bus driver and carpenter. He recently built a six-unit townhome complex for senior citizens in Silver Lake, Minnesota. He was previously in the military, stationed in Vietnam for eight months in 1971. He has also worked as a taxi cab driver and landscaper. In 1990, Stritesky spent a year living in Melbourne, Australia, with his family during his wife's teacher exchange program. In 2002, they returned to Perth, Australia, for another year as a result of his wife's second teacher exchange program.

Stritesky has competed in multiple inline skate marathons. He also enjoys biking, canoeing and coaching. He spent many years coaching his children's soccer, baseball, basketball and football teams. At least once a year, Stritesky travels to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, taking part in portaging, canoeing, fishing and enjoying the solitude of the northern Minnesota lakes. He has biked in many areas of Minnesota, including leading a scout group to camp and family trips. He also participated in a cross-country biking adventure while in Australia.

Stritesky currently resides in Ramsey, Minnesota with his wife of 34 years, Diane. They have four children, Aaron, Alison, Leah and Kara and two grandchildren. His pet bulldog, Dobber, recently passed away. They have since adopted Harley and Blaze, two miniature dachshunds, and just returned their pet snapping turtle, Snappy, to the wilderness. Stritesky's birth date is September 16, 1951.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor14/survivors/gary.shtml

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Gary Stritesky
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 11:07:04 AM »
One that I pre-like.  Seems competitive and has outdoor skills. 

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:30:20 PM »
He didn't come across as very strong tonight.  I hope he hangs in for a while.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »
He looks like he'll make it far.  He may be a provider. 

I love his nickname "Papa Smurf".  Too many nicknames this season though...

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 01:39:21 AM »
I really like "Papa Smurf"!  He seems purdy nice.  It may take a few eppys for him to warm up and talk more so we can get better acquainted with him. Hope he goes far in the game.  :dancer: :tup:

Offline Frnchfry34

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 08:13:03 PM »
 :groan: another Tom?

ehh.. if hes anything like tom he will make it far..

but the cast seems unpredictable this season so who knows.

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 06:29:18 AM »
We saw very little of Gary this time.  I hope that means he makes it a while, but I am afraid not.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 06:58:01 AM by TPorter2 »