Author Topic: EP4: "No Babies on the Race!"  (Read 120097 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP4: "No Babies on the Race!"
« Reply #325 on: March 12, 2007, 09:43:48 AM »
The 1999 postmaster and the greeter...same guy? I have doubts.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #326 on: March 12, 2007, 10:07:10 AM »
It's really close Slowhatch .. if only we can remove the hat.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2007, 11:41:32 AM »
What made the signpost task so hard?  All you had to do was follow the red line and arrow on the map and write down the places in order as they appeared.  And how could you misspell a name when it was printed right there in front of your nose?

That was a pretty long gap between charters - three hours!  Didn't give the bottom feeders much of a chance. Usually, in the past, the gap was only 30 minutes or less.  The flight itself took 2:45.  So the five teams on the second flight did not arrive at Playa Larga until after 1:45PM.

How much longer can Schmirna keep it up?  They keep coming in next to last, but they are following the cardinal rule of TAR: Keep one team behind you!

Rob and Amber confirmed on TES this morning that Sequesterville was in Acapulco.  They had three weeks there to sleep late, eat good food, and bask on the white sands of Acapulco Bay while the other racers were chasing rats, grabbing what sleep they can when the can, and grabbing food on the run.  Not bad deal for the losers!

Were they giving something away when they said that we should watch the Beauty Queens since they really do run a good race?

And finally, Puddin's Boot List holds true for another week!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:56:34 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2007, 02:04:21 PM »
What made the signpost task so hard?  All you had to do was follow the red line and arrow on the map and write down the places in order as they appeared.  And how could you misspell a name when it was printed right there in front of your nose?

How much longer can Schmirna keep it up?  They keep coming in next to last, but they are following the cardinal rule of TAR: Keep one team behind you!

Rob and Amber confirmed on TES this morning that Sequesterville was in Acapulco.  They had three weeks there to sleep late, eat good food, and bask on the white sands of Acapulco Bay while the other racers were chasing rats, grabbing what sleep they can when the can, and grabbing food on the run.  Not bad deal for the losers!

GMAN, I agree with you but on the FINISH LINE Rob claimed that the directions for the task were not as clear as Phil stated them on TV. He said that the directions given indicated that the direction of the signs were important (vs. Phil saying they weren't) and the spelling accuracy was not mentioned. It is instructive to note that with a basic knowledge of map reading a team could easily get the west or east pointing direction correct. Then the key was to gete the correct starting point, which Rob/Amber had but Uchenna/Joyce struggled with before eventually getting it right. Copying the place names one by one with correct spelling is a test of attention to detail, which is why Amber should have been doing that and not Rob. Dustin/Kandice appeared to be totally clueless on how the do the task correctly. My hat is off to Uchenna/Joyce, the only team to do this right, although it did cost them a place on the first charter flight versus the teams who had done the other DETOUR.

On the subject of Squesterville, just see this week's ELIMINATION STATION video.

Offline qing_her

• RFF Full Member
  • Amazing Race Addict
« Reply #329 on: March 13, 2007, 01:11:59 AM »
:(
all because of my dear PHILIPPINES

:rotf:

I STILL LOVE ROMBER!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #330 on: March 13, 2007, 01:29:58 AM »
Question:  I know Eric read the episodes quote.  But who actually wrote it?  Was it Dani or Jeremy.  I think Dani.

And and hey, Puddin the Hippies even got a little shout out from them in their letter.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: March 13, 2007, 05:11:49 PM »
Fwiw, the pit stop restaurant looks like a match (chairs, windows, drapes, chandeliers, wooden columns) for the Temaukel restaurant (photo source) at the Hotel Del Glaciar.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: March 14, 2007, 06:23:37 PM »
SLOWHATCH, I think you've got it on decor match. Also, that would be an excellent place from which to do a glacier activity since it is at the foot of the Martial Glacier 3 km from downtown Ushuaia and 3km from the Airport.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: March 14, 2007, 06:31:58 PM »
Here's an interesting tidbit from a RealityNewsOnline interview on 3/12/07 of Rob and Amber:

Rob: I never found the letter. After it was all said and done, and Charla & Mirna were gone and crossed the finish line, I got the letter off of somebody else’s table. I never found the letter in my bag.

This supports the theory that I saw on another forum that there had to be 16 letters (two for each team) in every mail bag. It is probable that the letters written by the teams from the same seasons were copied so that they were identical in each bag, but maybe each of those teams actually wrote 16 letters.