Author Topic: EP2: "Beauty Is Sometimes Skin Deep."  (Read 84990 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP2: "Beauty Is Sometimes Skin Deep."
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2007, 03:27:23 PM »
This clip  is ealy in the day.  So I would guess it is when they land at the Calama airport.  The other clip with at least four red SUVs on the road in the same place is with sun straight up.  So that's later on that they drive off at the same time.  Seams really strange.  Maybe they get the SUVs after the mining detour.

Finally we will have Dave in a mine!   :lol:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2007, 03:37:14 PM »
My guess would be here (kmz attached). You can even see the roadsign. There's another turnoff to the east, but it's much closer to SP.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2007, 03:43:16 PM »
Is it possible that there is an Intersection in this episode?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2007, 04:01:28 PM »
Nice work Slowhatch.  I'll try to get the time for tht  later on.

I have cobbled together a guess at Romber's flight plan.  I bet they get hung up in Bogota!

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2007, 04:33:45 PM »
Is it possible that there is an Intersection in this episode?

I'm thinking I mean if Charla & Mirna were following the BQ`s I mean wouldn't they leave becuase Charla seemed to be pretty mad if it wasnt a Intersection wouldnt they leave?
those are my thoughts  B:)
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2007, 05:07:37 PM »
hmm...maybe an Eric and Danielle rivalry with Dustin and Kandice is coming up!!

I wonder what Eric has to be so bitter about...maybe the BQs won *wishful thinking*
I know ;D

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2007, 05:20:18 PM »
Guess where I got this from: "God I hope Charla bites those bitches on the knees."  :lol3:

Erics My Space?

Nope http://www.myspace.com/ericsancheztar9

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2007, 05:37:22 PM »
Good stuff you guys! I took a run around Bogotá airport but haven't found any match's.

So ..do the Cha's follow Romber?

The Cha's catch up to Mary & David anyway..at the mines

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2007, 05:40:41 PM »
Guess where I got this from: "God I hope Charla bites those bitches on the knees."  :lol3:

Erics My Space?

Straight from the horse's mouth?  ;)

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2007, 05:56:05 PM »

Erics My Space?

Straight from the horse's mouth?  ;)

Yep  :lol3:  ;)

There's nothing to this,  he's not bitter about anything. I should have responded to Mike sooner..sorry Mike..."hmm...maybe an Eric and Danielle rivalry with Dustin and Kandice is coming up!!

I wonder what Eric has to be so bitter about...maybe the BQs won *wishful thinking*

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2007, 06:06:23 PM »
I have to admit though, if Dustin and Kandice don't win I'm pretty happy it's going to be Eric and Danielle...at first I wasn't into them but they seem like a really good team.

( I'm still praying the boot-list is wrong though  :angel: )

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2007, 06:16:07 PM »
I have to admit though, if Dustin and Kandice don't win I'm pretty happy it's going to be Eric and Danielle...at first I wasn't into them but they seem like a really good team.

( I'm still praying the boot-list is wrong though  :angel: )

Thanks Mike and keep praying. Of course I'm hoping that it is accurate and we will have an exciting finish with the spoiled F3. I wish your team the best of luck as well as all the other teams. I was sad to see JVJ eliminated and I'll be sad again next Sunday for sure. I can't imagine standing in front of Phil in that situation.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2007, 06:19:06 PM »
Yeah it must suck for all the teams that go early, they were probably so excited to get a second chance. Good luck to your team too :)!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2007, 09:25:16 PM »
SLOWHATCH and PUDDIN, please try LIMA and PANAMA CITY. They are the 2 most likely connecting airports to get to Santiago.  "When Mirna speculates about R/A having a better flight, they're standing in UIO. There's an American Deli in the International area. It's edited to look like R/A are already in a different airport ahead of the pack, but I haven't found a match for the background yet."

CHATEAU, your theory about a 630am flight to BOGOTA does not make good sense since nobody could possibly get to QUITO airport in time for a 630am departure. They would have to leave Hacienda Yanahurco about 1am for the 4 hour trip plus have no tasks to do in the Quito area (which is highly unlikely given the museum search that has been going on). The earliest that Romber could have finished was about 2pm given the time for the ride to Hacienda Yanahurco starting from 7am plus the time spent on the search for the button in the field plus the Wrangle task time and walk up the hill.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »
Not much luck with Lima or Panama. At least we can take comfort in the fact that they'll be taking off from LA again: runway 7L-25R.  :lol:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2007, 10:37:02 PM »
I don't know...most of the South America museums I've looked at have a "colonial" style, while this place has a more modern urban look to it. Puddin may be right, it could just be a temporary exhibit somewhere. Whatever it is, it has "co" in the title (look above his head).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2007, 10:37:43 PM »
Not much luck with Lima or Panama. At least we can take comfort in the fact that they'll be taking off from LA again: runway 7L-25R.  :lol:
Those cheap sonamabatchs  :lol:!!

Slowhatch

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2007, 11:07:28 PM »
Where's georgiapeach   (Telephone: (32) 437-651) ? Maybe there's a new Avi in her future..

peach is having a little break and is sitting under a :beach: palm tree with an apple martini in her hand! :lol: :martini:
But with a few free international minutes--I'm always willing to call anywhere, anytime!

This museum thing is driving me nuts! and I haven't had as much time as I would like to go looking...

But here are some thoughts...

First, is there ANY possibility that we are seeing a "blended" preview--with info from another episode? We got one earlier promo with both old and new info...This would give us a few more places to look...

I agree Slowhatch--That street looks very "urban" to me...is there any possibility that our guys could do a task in Santiago or is that strictly a change plane place?

I like the cutural center puddin found--will search for special exhibits...

I keep thinking that somewhere (maybe Punta?) near the Magellean straits  would make sense for a nautical/maritime task...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2007, 11:16:56 PM »
Peach, Puddin found a link to Ep 1 if you're still interested. The quality's not great but if the vhs project doesn't pan out it's better than nothing.  :beer2:  (I tried a PM but your inbox was full).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2007, 11:29:13 PM »
peach...can you get some sun and a shot of tequila for me?  :margarita:
I'm not convinced yet that the Museum/Exhibit whatever is somewhere out of the Ecuador area and also don't think BVM would send them back to Old Quito ..i'm still hunting :nut:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2007, 11:34:23 PM »
Thanks Slowhatch...I'd still love that info for Whirley!

I'll go do some editing on the inbox--thanks for letting me know!

(Y'all just have to quit sending me such nice messages that I hate to erase! See-it is all y'alls fault! :lol:)

Puddin
--I thought of you shovelling snow today as i was enjoying the gorgeous 76 degree weather!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2007, 11:43:45 PM »
Thanks Slowhatch...I'd still love that info for Whirley!

Puddin
--I thought of you shovelling snow today as i was enjoying the gorgeous 76 degree weather!

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL J/K. i was breaking this ice skating ring that was my driveway today and im sore as hell, just for bragging about the better weather peach call the sf film office and see if that botanical gardens was the only place they used

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2007, 12:10:34 AM »
Apskip, I think there is time to make the flight:

This shot was taken between 11:30 and 11:35 am (assumes November 21st).

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2007, 12:53:41 AM »
This shot was taken between 11:33 am and 12:16 pm (assumes November 23rd).

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2007, 09:24:27 AM »
This shot was taken between 11:33 am and 12:16 pm (assumes November 23rd).

CHATEAU, my assumptions about flights gets teams into the area where this sign is at about the right time. The flights from Santiago would be at 645am or 705am, arriving Calama at 845am or 910am. The distance from Calama to some miles short of San Pedro de Atacama where this sign is would take about 2 hours after camera/soundman deplaning. This would be much more within the spirit of Amazing Race bunching created by having a hours-of-operation task in Quito prior to releasing teams to the airport, which would prevent them from getting a flight that gets them to Calama same day. It is possible that there is no Quito task and Rob/Amber do attempt a breakaway, but I consider more probable that they do that later in the day and do not succeed in getting any further than the Santiago airport. As long as a team gets out of Quito on the 1805 flight to LIMA, they should make connections for the 0645 flight Santiago to Calama. Any earlier flights don't gain them anything except a longer wait in Santiago airport.