No FN Usernames Left
@ sucks ( posted on 11/20/06 1:46 pm
They're currently here in Miami. So far the teams I've seen (that I recognize) are:
Rob & Amber (S7)
Joe & Bill ("Team Guido" from S1)
Charla & Mirna (S5)
I think John Vito & Jill from S3 are also in it
*At the gate, I only saw Romber
I saw Charla & Mirna
talking to the ticket agent getting their tickets, and cutting a bit for the camera just after they purchased them. There were two other teams and Team Guido
after them. I think Team Guido was the last team in line, but again it was hard to tell, because they were in a big cluster including the 6 cameramen and sound guys assigned to them. All I know is some tall guy with kind of a big nose wearing something that looked (from a distance) like a straw cowboy hat was up at the counter talking to the agent.
at Gate A7 of Miami International Airport waiting for an American Airlines flight to Quito, Ecuador
* I thought they were scheduled to leave at 3:05, but it turns out they were leaving at 3:50; so I got there too early to see all the teams
* Romber was done at the ticket counter about half an hour before Charla and Mirna. By the time Charla & Mirna left, 2 or 3 teams had caught up. Charla almost left her passport and ticket with the ticket agent. He had to call her back to get them.
* I don't know if this will help, but Rob & Amber were wearing their matching Red Sox caps, and Team Guido were wearing their fleece jackets with "Team Guido" stitched into the back. So, if the players were instructed to dress similar to the way they dressed last time they were on the show
* One team had a really cute blonde chick, but I couldn't distinguish who was on what team, because they were all in a mass jumble in at the American Airlines counter in concourse A.
* I think this blonde chick was on a team with another woman.
*I've been reading some of these threads and there seems to be some confusion on some people's part as to what I saw yesterday. Probably most of it due to my not paying attention and starting my own thread to post my info, so I figure I'll put everything I saw in one post and you can go ahead and speculate away from there.
About 11:30 yesterday I was in Miami International Airport. I was told by someone I know, that they saw the Amazing Race taking place at the American Airlines ticket counter in Concourse A. Being a huge fan of the show, I ran over and saw a bunch of people standing at the ticket counter with cameras and sound guys all around. They had a ticket counter roped off specifically for the racers and denoted by two small yellow & red flags. I immediately noticed Charla & Mirna up at the ticket counter. I stood around watching for about 15 minutes and saw Rob and Amber leaving and heading for their gate.
I left and came back at about 12:30. I saw Charla and Mirna still at the ticket counter, but I also saw three other teams at the ticket counter. They were all clustered together, but the only team that I could definitely identify was Team Guido and they seemed to be more at the back of the bunch. The other 2 teams appeared to be:
1. A (seemingly) tall guy in something that looked like a straw cowboy hat with kind of a big nose, he was more on the thin side and had either brown or dirty blond hair. He seemed to be partnered with a woman.
2. A slender, cute chick that had really blonde hair and seemed to be in her mid 20s wearing a pink shirt. She also seemed to be partnered with a woman.
I say the tall guy seemed to be tall, because I didn't stick around for a long time; so I don't know how tall the guys in Team Guido are but he was taller than them. I didn't see any non-white people at the counter.
Some background for those people trying to figure out who these people are - I only watched a few episodes of Season 9 and have maybe seen 1 episode of this season. The only people I could definitely pick out of a crowd from these seasons are BJ/Tyler, Erwin/Godwin, and Peter/Sarah (for obvious reasons). I didn't see seasons 3 and 5 at all, but I could still recognize Charla - again for obvious reasons. I didn't miss an episode of seasons 1, 2, 4, and 6-8 but the only people that would really stick out to me if I saw them are: Romber, Kevin/Drew (who I immediately recognized when they cameoed in S8), Team Guido (rooted very hard for them to lose S1), Tara/Wil (rooted very hard for Wil to win S2 just to spite Tara), Chuck/Millie (Wolfman!), Chris/Alex (one of them always reminded me of Shawn Cassidy), Chip/Reichen, Rebecca/Adam, Freddy/Kendra (so loathesome), Lori/Bolo (one of my all time favorite teams), Johathan/Vicotria (obvious reasons), Gus/Hera, and Uchenna/Joyce.
Out of all the teams I just mentioned, I only saw Romber, Charla/Mirna, and Team Guido, but remember I only saw 6 teams.
Charla and Mirna got out of line with their tickets and they cut a segment for the camera right next to me. They flubbed their lines the first time and got it right the second time. That's where I heard they were going to Ecuador. After the cameras turned off, C & M asked the camera guys if they wanted to go ahead and go to the bathroom since they had a few hours before the flight left. I checked the American Airlines departures and saw that a flight was leaving to Quito from Gate A7, which was in the direction that Rob & Amber were walking.
I, mistakenly, thought the time the plane was leaving was 3:05, but it turns out I went dyslexic and it was leaving at 3:50. I went over to A7 at about 2:10 thinking they were going to start boarding at that time, and hardly anybody was there. I saw the mistake I made on the time, and at that time there were only 2 teams there:
1. Rob and Amber
2. A tall, really muscular guy with black hair and a woman with blonde, wavy hair that looked pretty small next to him. I didn't recognize them at the time, but I came back and started looking through photos and I immediately recognized them as John Vito and Jill. Now, I could be wrong, but I'm 90% positive that it was them.
Rob and Amber were talking to a couple of people, but I don't think they were racers, because they shook hands and parted ways after a few minutes. Rob and Amber moved over and sat next to a guy that and started talking to him, he was white, older (maybe mid 40s), overweight, and IIRC had long, curly black hair. I don't know if he was just a fellow passenger to Ecuador, a racer, or production crew, but it seemed like Rob knew him. I briefly spoke to Rob, wished him luck and went on my way.
I could've gone back later and checked, but I didn't want to deal with airport security again and they were a long walk from where I was. So, that's all I can tell you. Carry on with the speculation. :-)
Cast picture, whos wearing what...