The Amazing Race 24 > The Racers

Dustin and Kandice / All Stars *Runner ups*

<< < (18/19) > >>

alyssa11:
I love Dustin and Kandice! :cmas26 cheers to them!

apskip:

--- Quote from: starrynight on May 17, 2012, 08:57:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: down_with_alli on April 21, 2007, 06:07:35 AM ---
I love the BQs  :hearts:. Am I the only one who thinks they were sorta ripped off on their last leg last season?

--- End quote ---

I looked through 10 and for a leg that was after a non-elimination I thought there was too much bunching in it.  There's no doubt they deserved to be in the final more than the Alabama team.

--- End quote ---

Season 10 is not the issue. I felt Dustin and Kandice earned their elimination in Barcelona based on their inability to locate the olive press sign, putting them in last place (from which they never recovered).

However, the question from down_with_alli is about their final leg and final season, which was AR11 AllStars. The whole situation from Oakland International Airport to the Grateful Dead House was not telecast (why not, World Race Productions?) so we have no idea of what really happened.
My guess is that the taxi gremlins gave Eric and Danielle the victory with a 10 minute lead there, but those who know are not speaking up. So this is all very murky. All we know of for sure is that Eric and Danielle got to the Old Mint far ahead and had no trouble holding their lead to the Botanical Gardens. 

eragon:

--- Quote from: apskip on December 31, 2012, 11:24:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: starrynight on May 17, 2012, 08:57:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: down_with_alli on April 21, 2007, 06:07:35 AM ---
I love the BQs  :hearts:. Am I the only one who thinks they were sorta ripped off on their last leg last season?

--- End quote ---

I looked through 10 and for a leg that was after a non-elimination I thought there was too much bunching in it.  There's no doubt they deserved to be in the final more than the Alabama team.

--- End quote ---

Season 10 is not the issue. I felt Dustin and Kandice earned their elimination in Barcelona based on their inability to locate the olive press sign, putting them in last place (from which they never recovered).

However, the question from down_with_alli is about their final leg and final season, which was AR11 AllStars. The whole situation from Oakland International Airport to the Grateful Dead House was not telecast (why not, World Race Productions?) so we have no idea of what really happened.
My guess is that the taxi gremlins gave Eric and Danielle the victory with a 10 minute lead there, but those who know are not speaking up. So this is all very murky. All we know of for sure is that Eric and Danielle got to the Old Mint far ahead and had no trouble holding their lead to the Botanical Gardens.

--- End quote ---

I think Eric & Danielle had only like 3-5 mins lead over the BQ's in the final leg. As far as I can remember, when Danielle solved the code, Kandice already spent more than 8 minutes doing the task, so right after 2 minutes, BQ's got their next clue while Charla/Mirna aren't far behind too.

apskip:
eragon,

I know that what you report is what the telecast showed. However, feedback from TARCON11 (and I was there) indicated that the taxis did not go directly from Oakland International Airport to the Old Mint. They went to Haight-Ashbury for the Grateful Dead House  and only then to the Old Mint. My understanding, reported by someone in the AR11 threads, was that Eric and Danielle in fact arrived at the Old Mint in the lead.

Why World Race Productions decided on such creative editing when they had wasted time at Lanai's Shipwreck Beach with the cave and the old ship tasks is unknown to me because it makes no sense. It was highly probable that all teams would be bunched to get to the mainland because at that point (Alaska was AR12 finale and Hawaii was AR13 and AR20 finales) no finale had not been on the mainland.

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: apskip on January 02, 2013, 10:54:18 AM ---eragon,

I know that what you report is what the telecast showed. However, feedback from TARCON11 (and I was there) indicated that the taxis did not go directly from Oakland International Airport to the Old Mint. They went to Haight-Ashbury for the Grateful Dead House  and only then to the Old Mint. My understanding, reported by someone in the AR11 threads, was that Eric and Danielle in fact arrived at the Old Mint in the lead.

Why World Race Productions decided on such creative editing when they had wasted time at Lanai's Shipwreck Beach with the cave and the old ship tasks is unknown to me because it makes no sense. It was highly probable that all teams would be bunched to get to the mainland because at that point (Alaska was AR12 finale and Hawaii was AR13 and AR20 finales) no finale had not been on the mainland.

--- End quote ---

I remember the AR13 finale was in Portland...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version