Author Topic: Yau-Man Chan  (Read 2768 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Yau-Man Chan
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:43:52 AM »
Biography
Originally from Malaysian Borneo, Yau-Man Chan attended All Saints Secondary School in Kota Kinabalu. He moved to the United States where he received a Bachelor of Science degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He went on to receive his Master of Science degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Chan is the Director of Information Systems for the College of Chemistry at the University of California, Berkeley. In this position, he manages and runs the information systems infrastructure for administrative, research and teaching units of the college. This includes setting up networks, computers and managing business database systems. He previously worked designing electronic circuits for scientific instruments to collect data. He's also been a housepainter, cook and dishwasher.

Chan enjoys playing table tennis, bicycling, woodworking and reading. He is a member of the USA Table Tennis Association. He describes himself as intellectual and contemplative. He considers himself a natural leader, a good organizer, very skilled with his hands, very resourceful and feels he possesses a keen intellect.

Chan has been married to his wife, Jennifer, for 23 years. They have two children, Penelope and Ione. They also have a dog, Tucker and two rabbits, Ruby and Cupid. Chan's birth date is August 26, 1952.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor14/survivors/yau_man.shtml

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Frnchfry34

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Yau-Man Chan
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »
if Yao wasn't from borneo and there wasn't a hint of a male alliance he wouldn't last.

he seems interesting.   :lol3:

Offline bellick

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 08:29:28 PM »
In reality, I must say that he is one of the weakest members of the Ravu tribe. He is very lucky to still be playing the game. Having said that, he's very observant and knows some crucial survival techniques which did help the tribe during the first few days. Being one of the few guys who has a Master in science, he has that added educational advantage over many. More importantly though, he knows how to put thoery into practice.

Offline Frnchfry34

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 03:03:49 PM »
Hmm.. that is true

i also have noticed that he sticks to the backround, and no one really brings him up as someone to go home, proubably because they don't notice he's there.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 12:30:09 AM »
Yau-Man is playing it cool and letting Rocky take center stage!  As long as Rocky is mouthing off, Yau-Man is safe.  For now. 
I hope he finds the HII! :yess: