Author Topic: Picks from across the boards week 4 *updated *  (Read 2287 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Picks from across the boards week 4 *updated *
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »
  • survivorphoenix
    The Gary Saga

As previously noted, Gary will leave the game for medical reasons before the Episode 4 Tribal Council.
    Gary will be present, albeit sitting it out, for the Reward Challenge. From what we have heard, he will leave between the RC and the IC. Moto shows up at the Immunity Challenge without Gary, but the challenge does take place.

It Doesn't Make Sense...

How does a winning tribe end up losing a tribe member? As we previously noted, the twist for this week's Immunity has the winning Moto tribe choosing to boot a player over switching camps. Probst has often championed the idea that the players should have to make some of the choices which determine their fate. This twist is inline with that line of thinking.

For those readers who are having trouble with the idea of a losing tribe not losing a member, Survivor has proven in the past that nothing in its folklore is sacred. Perhaps the simplest way to look at the twist is to say that it is not Immunity which is at stake. The winning tribe does not win Immunity per se, they win the right to choose one of two options: Immunity for the tribe or the camp.

• TDT
    RC winner: Moto
    Exile: Yau-Man?
    Quitter: Gary
    IC winner: Moto
    Boot: Liliana
  • survivorfever
    Survivor Fever
    Official Episode Picks
    Episode 4:
    RC/IC Winners: Moto
    Exiled:  Yau-Man
    Quits:  Gary
    Booted:  Liliana

• ABT/ACME
    Our picks for the 3/1 Episode are:

RC: Moto
    Exile: Yau-Man
    IC: Moto wins the challenge, but given the choice of getting immunity or keeping their camp, choose to stay at Club Med
    Boot: Lilliana (Gary quits sometime before IC)

• Blows polls
    Boot: Lilianna

• Sucks Polls  
    Boot: Lilianna

• Corvis/Survivor Thoughts from Iowa (mostly)

Gary quits.

Liliana gets booted.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:28:51 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Picks from across the boards week 4 *updated *
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 01:29:21 PM »
updated and complete

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Picks from across the boards week 4 *updated *
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 06:28:30 PM »
 :kuss: :hugs:  Thank you puddin! 
Now I remember...this is where I got the info about Gary leaving for medical reasons....unless there's something I haven't read somewhere else.  He has probs w/ the elements and just being older it's very difficult for him to tolerate the whole environment.
Now, my S1Rudy was 12 yr older than Gary, but he was a Navy Seal, not overweight (which I think Gary might be), and overall Rudy was in excellent shape before he went on the Island.  And he did great!  So it's not always an age problem.