Author Topic: Survivor Fiji Cast on Early Show Survivor Starts 2/8  (Read 7564 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Survivor Fiji Cast on Early Show Survivor Starts 2/8
« on: January 12, 2007, 08:33:35 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor Fiji Cast on Early Show Survivor Starts 2/8
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 09:18:23 AM »
thanks Rob!!
The site is up too
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor14/

19 new castaways, (alphabetical) Alex Angarita, Kenward "Boo" Bernis, Yau-Man Chan, Earl Cole, Jessica Deben, Erica Durousseau, Cassandra Franklin, Liliana Gomez, Andria "Dre" Herd, Stacy Kimball, Sylvia Kwan, Mookie Lee, Lisette "Lisi" Linares, James Reid, Edgardo Rivera, Anthony Robinson, Gary Stritesky and Michelle Yi, are set to compete when SURVIVOR: FIJI, the Emmy-Award winning reality series, premieres Thursday, Feb. 8 (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:49:52 AM »
"Survivor" Heads For Fiji
Meet All 19 Competitors Seeking $1M Prize In South Pacific Nation

(CBS) "Survivor" returns next month, with 19 castaways heading to the tiny South Pacific nation of Fiji to vie for the $1 million prize.

As always, the challenge for each is to outwit, outplay and outlast the others — this time in a country made up of many tiny islands.

There happened to be a real-life coup in Fiji during production of the show.

"Survivor: Fiji" begins Thursday, Feb. 8, on CBS.

The Early Show introduced the castaways to viewers Friday.

Some have already been through some tough times in Iraq and during Hurricane Katrina, for instance.

Briefly, in alphabetical order, they are:

Alex Angarita, a 28-year-old attorney from Los Angeles, who knows not everybody trusts a lawyer's skills of persuasion.

Kenward "Boo" Bernis, a construction worker from Lafayette, La. Look out, ladies: He says romance is part of his strategy.

Yau-Man Chan, a computer engineer, is the self described "geek of the group." He hopes he doesn't stand out so much that he's voted off the island.

Earl Cole is an ad executive from Santa Monica, Calif. The Kansas native says he's a Midwesterner at heart, with a little California flavor.

Fashion stylist Jessica deBen is used to exotic locations. She says living in Los Angeles, where people don't eat, has prepared her for the game.

Erica Durousseau is a Louisiana native who was forced to leave New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

Cassandra Franklin is a civil engineer manager also from Los Angeles. She says her goals for "Survivor" are pretty simple: to win the million dollars and lose 25 pounds!

Loan officer Liliana Gomez describes herself as "the feisty Latina." She joined the Marines out of high school, and served in Iraq.

Andria "Dre" Herd knows how to survive from growing up homeless in North Carolina. This cheerleading coach first wowed crowds as a street performer with his brothers.

Internet producer Stacy Kimball says she may be high maintenance, but she'll do whatever it takes to win.

Sylvia Kwan is an architect in Northern California. The affable wife and mother says she can be devious — if she has to be.

With loan manager Mookie Lee, what you see is what you get. Cocky or strong-headed, Mookie just likes to have fun.

Customer service rep Lisette "Lisi" Linares' big challenge is going to be keeping her mouth shut. She says with a laugh, "I want to stop myself from looking at everyone and being like, 'Dude, I'm trapped on the island of morons here!' "

Bartender James Reid says he just doesn't care: "I can be a pain in the ---, I can be a hypocrite, I can be a bunch of things. The only difference between me and the average cat is that I admit it."

Ad exec Edgardo Rivera likes to party every weekend, and says he's good at manipulating people.

Anthony Robinson beat the mean streets of Compton, Calif., and graduated from Yale. The expert witness locator says he's the nice guy nobody expects will stab them in the back.

Fifty-five-year-old Gary Stritesky says his wife wants to know when he'll finally grow up and get a real job.

Rita Verreos is a single mother of two. She's an image consultant by trade, but says she enjoys a much simpler life, like one an exotic tropical island.

And finally, Michelle Yi is a 23-year-old college student from Cincinnati who says she's bubbly and energetic, but look out, players: There may be a dark side there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 09:50:43 AM »
The Early Show Video

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Survivor Fiji Cast Pictures
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »
I will be posting some pictures from CBS of the cast!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 03:17:00 AM »
I count only 19 in the group photo.  Maybe someone left to take a leak!  :lol:
Yikes, I didn't realize Survivor Fiji starts so soon.  Then Tar starts soon too, huh?
I'll hit the cbs link later....to ck out the cast.
Thanks puddin & Rob!  :hugs:  :kuss:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 03:26:43 AM »
Omgosh, I just read above that there ARE 19 castaways, but I can't find where it says WHY the odd number.   Anyone know??  ???

Offline p1a55b1idii

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 05:39:23 AM »
someone pulled out at the last minute
http://asapblogs.typepad.com/theslug/2007/01/jeff_probst_tal.html(how do you spoilerize the link?)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 04:24:06 PM »
Wow! If I hadn't read this I wouldn't have known that we had another Survivor coming up so soon. I better make room for more recording on the DVR.  I think I will have a problem, MAJOR problem. 24, AI, The Apprentice.....   :dancer:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 03:11:56 AM »
Same here, TL!  It's hard to believe Survivor begins in only 2.5 weeks!  Looking forward to it though!  :jam:

My tv sched is already getting in a log jam, but a friend tapes shows for me, which helps!  24, AI, Apprentice, Beauty & the Geek, Survivor, Friday Night Lights,  B:) B:)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 12:53:02 PM »
Rudy, your list is just about identical to mine. :) Love Friday Night Lights. (Although, we really are not quite this bad in Texas. It is filmed near Austin in Pflugerville TX.)

I can't wait!!  :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 06:14:37 PM »
 :jumpy: Yay..soon the fun begins..thanks for the info Rudy. :dancer: 
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 04:10:10 AM »
someone pulled out at the last minute
http://asapblogs.typepad.com/theslug/2007/01/jeff_probst_tal.html(how do you spoilerize the link?)
:groan: Omgosh, I just realized I didn't thank you, p1a55b1idii , for answering my question about the odd number of castaways.  Thank you!!  Sorry it took me so long.  :waves:   

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 02:20:23 AM »
Rudy, your list is just about identical to mine. :) Love Friday Night Lights. (Although, we really are not quite this bad in Texas. It is filmed near Austin in Pflugerville TX.)
I can't wait!!  :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
TL, I started a topic for Friday Night Lights at:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,11409.0.html
Hope to cya there! ;D