Author Topic: ROAD RULES RETURNS  (Read 7791 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
ROAD RULES RETURNS
« on: January 10, 2007, 10:57:20 AM »
VIEWERS TAKE THE WHEEL AS MTV’S ROAD RULES RETURNS WITH “ROAD RULES 2007: VIEWERS’ REVENGE”

New Season Premieres on Tuesday, January 30th at 9:00PM (ET/PT)

Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge Launch Special To Air on Tuesday, January 23rd at 10:00pm (ET/PT)

Visit RoadRules.MTV.com To Participate, Vote & Witness All The Elimination Action

SANTA MONICA, Jan. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Viewers rule as MTV announces the triumphant return of fan favorite, Road Rules with the new Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge premiering Tuesday, January 30th at 9:00pm ET/PT. A 100% interactive experience, MTVs audience will be in complete control of the game for the first time ever. With a real-time shoot schedule, viewers take the wheel this season as they call the shots on: 1) who from the RV ends up in the MTV Online elimination round, and 2) who from the roster of replacements on MTV.com competes against that Road Ruler for their spot. The new season kicks off with a Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge Launch Special on Tuesday, January 23rd at 10:00pm ET/PT. Road Rules will join MTVs explosive Tuesday night block including Bams Unholy Union at 9:30pm ET/PT, Two-A-Days at 10pm ET/PT, and Wrestling Society X at 10:30pm ET/PT.

The new season will kick-off as six Road Rules veterans hit the road and face-off in a series of adventures and competitions. The cast will continue to travel in an RV tackling one mission each week, but the rules and the game have changed. Heres how it goes:

The return of Road Rules will find six of the most infamous former Road Rules cast members as the initial passengers in the RV.

After each weeks mission, the cast will return to home base and the cast, themselves, will nominate the weakest male and female for elimination.

Immediately after the show airs, viewers at home will vote which of those two cast members will enter an elimination face-off that will air exclusively on roadrules.mtv.com.

At the same time the viewers are nominating a cast member to send into elimination, they will also vote for the challenger from The Pit Crew -- an internet replacement board of potential male and female replacements.

The Pit Crew will live on roadrules.mtv.com, and will feature video packages, personal blogs and other stats/background on each potential replacement.

If the current Road Rules cast member wins the competition, he/she returns to the RV -- and the cast-mates who nominated him/her for elimination.

If he/she loses, the challenger replaces him/her with the now ex-Road Ruler joining the other potential replacements on the internet board where he/she can lobby the viewers to put him/her back in the game.

The next on-air episode will begin with a short re-cap of the MTV.com elimination and the re-entry of the victor of the elimination face-off.

Road Rules will be based in California this season, allowing the cast to travel to overnight locations for their mission and nomination, and then travel back to home base. After each mission, the cast will enter blogs, interviews and personal video diaries on roadrules.mtv.com and MTV Mobile. Once the elimination is over, the cast takes off on another mission for several days before returning to home base.

Below is a look at the veteran cast members that will kick-off the season of Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge.

Abram

Abram is a Road Rules South Seas alum and has also made a name for himself on numerous Real World/Road Rules Challenges. Growing up in Montana with nine brothers and sisters, Abram has learned what it is like to not only live, but compete, with others. With a thrill for extreme sports, and never-say-die attitude, Abrams biggest competitor is often himself.

Adam

Adam, a veteran of Road Rules 10: The Quest is a good-looking ladies man who uses his charm and outgoing personality for all their worth. Despite suffering from ADD while he was young, Adam has conquered lifes obstacles and is eager to face whatever the RV and MTV fans can throw at him.

Shane

Shane is a veteran of Road Rules Campus Crawl and has appeared on many of the Real World/Road Rules Challenges. Raised under a strict military stepfather, Shane grew up on the road, making friends where he could. Teased in high school for being different, it wasnt until he got to the University of North Carolina that Shane found his voice and was able to speak about his sexuality. Now a vocal gay rights activist and public speaker, Shane isnt afraid of confronting adversity, or the competition.

Kina

Kina was originally seen on Road Rules Xtreme and has also appeared as a fierce competitor on some of the Real World/Road Rules Challenges. A native of New Jersey, Kina is busting with personality and is often accused of seeing the world through her own eyes. The only question is, will MTV fans see it her way, as well

Susie

Susie is a veteran of Road Rules Australia and is the youngest kid of five children raised by right-wing, conservative Republicans in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A self-proclaimed expert on the Brady Bunch, she may need more than TV trivia to get thru this season of Road Rules.

Veronica

First seen on Road Rules Semester at Sea, Veronica has since appeared on many of the Real World/Road Rules Challenges. A familiar face among the Real World and Road Rules fans, Veronica always has something to say. The question this season, will she be able to back up her words?

For complete information on Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge including information on all the replacement cast members, show details and much more, visit roadrules.mtv.com.

** takend from puddin posting under real workd goes to sydney**

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: ROAD RULES RETURNS
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 10:57:43 AM »
WOw what an interesting concept... not sure how well it will work.

Why am I not surprised Kina is there?

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 04:54:07 PM »
I was SO excited to see that Road Rules was back but I guess I was hoping for the more traditional and classic road rules rather than something new. This seems sort of complicated and confusing, but hopefully it'll still have some of that good 'old RR charm.

I'm not suprised at all that Kina is there. But I thought that I saw Derrick on one of the commercials? Am I wrong? I can't remember who Abram is though. I remember the name but not the face.
oXo Justine

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 09:08:38 AM »
ABE ~ You know mister emotional at the challenges... shower scene with Veronica and Rachel and then the romance with coral???

I went to roadrules on MTV and there are alot of alums on the list of who do you want back... I bet Derrick is an alternate.  On MTV it does not say who will start, so who knows. 

And Derrick is on the list and yes in case yal were wondering THEO is on the list  and TINA.  Will be interesting to see how it works.  I wanted a traditional one too, but maybe they did not have time to cast and they knew most alumns would do it again.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 09:37:10 AM »
That's a good point, about not having time to find a new cast.

I sort of remember Abe now, but it's still kind of foggy. I am going to have to google him.
oXo Justine

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 10:00:23 AM »
not sure if its different because it was MTV Canada

but saw the "first" episode it was like a talk show?? 

The people seem dull!!!!! not sure if i'll watch...

Kina just bugs me!!! What she going to play every challenge...Fitz embaressed her on Duel ... who's next to make her cry!
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 09:53:37 AM »
Hey CeeJay I think I saw what you were talking about and it was sort of like a preview. They were interviewing the cast members to ask them what they thought about the pit and if they were intimidated by them and after they got done talking a bunch of smack about them MTV brought the people of the pit out. Kind of funny. Oh yeah and now I remember Abe again and remember that he was SUPER hot during the shower/sex scene with him and Veronica, even though Veronica is nasty.

Sorry for the novel!
oXo Justine

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 01:24:58 PM »
i don't really know the players....other than kina because she constantly appears in these shows and she's THAT Annoying

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 08:59:43 AM »
Tonight is the first show.  I will have to record it as I will not be home.  SHould be interesting to see.  I thought it was funny that all the newbies ~ cast pool have such attitude and about how great they are.  Wonder how MTV seems to find all these people.  Funniest part of the show... Kina's reaction to the girl wanting her.

Kina's hair sure has gotten big.

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
  • youtube.com/RetroWinnipeg
    • Win with Dell
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 11:46:23 AM »
not sure if its different because it was MTV Canada

but saw the "first" episode it was like a talk show?? 

The people seem dull!!!!! not sure if i'll watch...

Kina just bugs me!!! What she going to play every challenge...Fitz embaressed her on Duel ... who's next to make her cry!

Road Rules is same date and time on MTV Canada as MTV USA. Did anyone get duped on Sunday when a schedule Road Rules 12 marathon was only regular programming?

And will the online show(s) air on mtv.ca, since MTV Overdrive USA is now blocked up here?

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »
You are right, Kina's hair has gotten SO BIG! What is the deal with that? Who is telling her that it looks good?

Anyways I thought it was a good first episode. Why wouldn't Shane and Veronica think that their friendship would be the base for the first nominations? Nobody wants alliances on that show! How stupid.
oXo Justine

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 10:06:10 AM »
this past weekend on mtv canada...nothing was what it said it was for programming...i must have missed it.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 09:29:52 AM »
WOW the flag football got a little physcial last night.  Ivory sure seems to have an anger problem.  I felt bad for Shane at the challenge.  Vote Shane into the pit, maybe he can get back on. 

Feel a little bad for david, but he seems like such a whinner. Tori too.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 09:20:25 PM »
Ivory has a major problem! I feel bad for the way that she is treating Susie and Tori. I don't know how someone can hate another human being so much without really even knowing them. Crazy much?

I am tired of the new people being voted back into the pit when Kina and Adam can't even go in themselves? I mean Kina didn't even score a touchdown and David kicked butt in the football game. Guess I don't understand where their votes are coming from. Good show though!
oXo Justine

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »
I agree now it should be okay how many have you been in?  Okay you have only gone to the pit 2 times, well it is your time again.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 10:07:30 AM »
I bet if they voted Kina into the pit and she lost, they would be able to fit TWO more people into the RV, because her hair is so big.
oXo Justine