Author Topic: Will Carolyn & George be missed as Trump's Sidekicks?  (Read 10474 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Will Carolyn & George be missed as Trump's Sidekicks?
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:43:56 PM »
Will anyone else besides me miss Trump's sidekicks Carolyn and George in Apprentice 6? 

If the show location were in NYC, George might've continued at least part time, but Carolyn was told "you're fired"!     

Trump's son Don Jr, 28, and daughter Ivanka, 25, will take turns at the boss' side & will probably do a fine job.  Previous Apprentice winners will also assist Trump. 

It will still take time adjusting to NO Carolyn or George sitting at that long table in the Boardroom. 
I for one, will miss 'em!  :-\   

Your thoughts?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Will Carolyn & George be missed as Trump's Sidekicks?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:57:14 PM »
no offense but this show is still on the air????:groan: :groan: :res:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »
Yup Kogs, it's still on the air, believe it or not!  Last season wasn't nearly as good as the earlier seasons.  Now this time they're having it in LA instead of NYC. 
I'm wondering if it will do as well?  Dunno.  Guess we'll find out. 

Haven't heard whether this will be the final season or what.  ???

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 06:33:50 AM »
I too will miss Carolyn. I am not a fan of Ivanka at all!!!  :hand:

I'm thinking some of the rule changes for this season won't be too good. It is going to be more like Survivor, with the challenge losers having to live in tents instead of the penthouse where they have been living every season. And aren't they doing more of a vote off instead of Trump firing them? This is The Apprentice for goodness sakes ...... I expect it to be more like the corporate world!!!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 09:59:31 AM »
I, for one, will not miss Carolyn or George.  I've always liked it when a former apprentice winner sits in the boardroom and helps.

I think what the "Tents Twist" is alluding that the winners get the luxury, and the losers are out in th cold.  That's how it is in the business world (unless I mis-read something). 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 12:58:35 AM »
I too will miss Carolyn. I am not a fan of Ivanka at all!!!  :hand:

I'm thinking some of the rule changes for this season won't be too good. It is going to be more like Survivor, with the challenge losers having to live in tents instead of the penthouse where they have been living every season. And aren't they doing more of a vote off instead of Trump firing them? This is The Apprentice for goodness sakes ...... I expect it to be more like the corporate world!!!
No it isn't a vote off, Tans.  One person (or more as we've seen in past seasons), will still be be FIRED each week...after which the remaining members of the losing team will have to "rough it"...living in tents w/o showers, closets etc. at least until the next challenge.  The good thing about it is they should be REALLY motivated to WIN challenges, so they can live in the mansion instead! 

(I'm not terribly fond of Ivanka from what little I've seen of her.  Seeing her more often might change my mind...but I don't think I'll ever like her as well as Carolyn! )

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 01:53:21 AM »
I, for one, will not miss Carolyn or George.  I've always liked it when a former apprentice winner sits in the boardroom and helps.
I think what the "Tents Twist" is alluding that the winners get the luxury, and the losers are out in th cold.  That's how it is in the business world (unless I mis-read something). 
  You're reading into it correctly, Cinera.  In all reality, that's exactly how it is.

I've also enjoyed seeing an apprentice winner sitting in the boardroom giving their opinions.  Love the first winner, Bill Ransic (spelling?) best of all!  Each season, he shows more growth in his business capabilities.  Cool if ONLY Bill and Carolyn were Trump's sidekicks!  :tup: 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:58:43 AM by RudyRules »

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 06:43:49 AM »
I agree with you Ruday, Bill and Carolyn would be the perfect combo!!!  :dancer:

I was actually glad every time Bill got to sub for George. And there was just something about Carolyn that I liked and will miss. Ivanka maybe just needs time to grow on me.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 10:20:55 PM »
Actually, I'm kind of anxious to see how Ivanka does.  It may be a little difficult for her, if she's feeling the need to to fill Carolyn's shoes.  (she can't!)  Imo, people taking the place of another need to fill their OWN place.  Hopefully, she will do just that.  :tup:
 I'm sure many viewers will be comparing her to Carolyn. 

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »
I think one of the reasons why I won't miss Carolyn is because Ivanka is good-looking.  Carolyn wasn't much of a looker, if you know what I mean.  Neither was George.  This is all because no one likes to see un-attractive people on Reality Shows, and Trump is just promoting Ivanka's hottness. :umn:

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »
I kinda miss George he was cool but Caroline just was kinda anoying
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 11:12:04 PM »
I think one of the reasons why I won't miss Carolyn is because Ivanka is good-looking.  Carolyn wasn't much of a looker, if you know what I mean.  Neither was George.  This is all because no one likes to see un-attractive people on Reality Shows, and Trump is just promoting Ivanka's hottness. :umn:
:umn: Cinera, we're all entitled to our opinion, but just to remind you...Reality includes ALL people...ugly, un-attractive, various ethnic backgrounds, etc etc.  And to say that no one likes to see unattractive people, well...that simply isn't true.  It depends on each of our likes/dislikes, our age and maturity.  A young guy like yourself would of course enjoy hotties!  Some of us older folks like hotties too, but we like some who aren't attractive as well.  IOW, it's a relative issue.  Relative to each of our personal prefs AND to our own age, we each like/dislike differently. 

Some of the older people on reality shows rock, some don't.  Same with the younger people.

Re: your comment "Carolyn wasn't much of a looker...if you know what I mean" ...
No, I don't know what you mean.  Carolyn is attractive with a pretty smile, slender figure, and  dresses in clothes that become her.  George?  Well, he isn't handsome or a hottie, but he's certainly not ugly either.  Both of them were cool.  If these two folks are "not much in looks", then you surely wouldn't want to see me on any reality show or anywhere!!  I'm not ugly & I'm NO bathing beauty!  I'm just uh...nice looking.  People tell me I'm pretty esp when I smile. 

I wish the young folks would try to focus more on who a person IS, instead of solely on their looks.  THAT's REALITY.   

Trump's kids aren't the best lookers, but I'm not judging them on that.  They are there to assist their dad.  That is what I'll judge them for.  Already, Ivanka sometimes seems kind of flighty in the boardroom....a little uneasy about her job.  But this is her first time (for an entire season), so I'll cut her slack for now.  Don Jr seems more at ease than his sister...so far.   

FWIW, just my opinions!
Ruday  :waves:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 06:09:53 PM »
The reason I miss George and Carolyn is their expertise. Both had a lot of knowledge about how to sell, what works, what doesn't and could zero in on that in the board room. Also Carolyn had a way taking on someone's whining or complaining and cut their legs off with a few remarks.

I do like letting the winning project manager sit in, but so far we've only had Heidi. I must say she looks good sitting there as an equal to Trump and Ivanka and it should help her later on.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 08:21:23 AM »
I thought Sean did a pretty good job.  Getting to visit both stores made comparing the effort easier.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 09:15:19 AM »
well the winning manager i foget his name thats how much he stands out to me....he said NOTHING and trump commented on it.  what a moron...this is your moment to shine...take advantage~
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 09:36:35 AM »
The winning strategy was in the marketing, I think Melissa had the right idea and to my mind this episode showed Heidi's weaknesses. She ignored Marisa's idea totally. I also think Marisa was a scapegoat but she did herself in by not being quiet when she should have been listening.

I must say I do admire (heh) Heidi's ability to shift blame. Can she keep it up?  :angel:

Sean did a great job.

BTW, Welcome to RFF TPorter2  :welcome: :hithere: :hello2:

Offline TPorter2

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 12:44:58 PM »
Thanks, TexasLady!  Always can use more Texans, huh?  Hee!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 02:41:20 PM »
Thanks, TexasLady!  Always can use more Texans, huh?  Hee!

Of COURSE!   :tup: :dancer:  :jumpy: LOL