Author Topic: Celebrity Big Brother UK  (Read 62948 times)

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Celebrity Big Brother UK
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2007, 02:52:16 PM »
Holy COW!!!!  Does this mean that the eviction is still going on?  The show is on TV right as we speak (err...type) and I wonder what's going on.  Dang you torrent delay.  Must...catch....up...

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2007, 03:29:17 PM »
Yes, there is STILL going to be an eviction!
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »
The evicted Houseguest was just announced by Davina 15 minutes ago.....spolier alert
Highlight here:     Carole         was evicted

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2007, 04:20:51 PM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JamesUK

• RFF Jr. Member
  • The Amazing Race hits the UK!
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2007, 03:22:08 AM »
Well good news that Carole went but I think it's very unfair that the eviction still went ahead - it was obvious to everyone that Leo was going to be evicted - seems to me he invented the whole pants argument just to have an excuse to walk out, he must have known he was going to be evicted. If you notice, he already had his jacket on when he went to ask about the pants so he was clearly planning to leave!

I don't think anyone in the history of the show has broken down a door to get out though - that was a big shock.

His behaviour when he was talking to the producers and he thought the cameras were off was shocking as well, so it's not like he was playing up to the cameras!

Strange man...

Didn't get round to leaving a voicemail yet, might try today although I might not talk too much about CBB if you guys have already mentioned it!

Cheers

James

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2007, 10:56:28 AM »
I only left a message on who was in the house, I have not mentioned the family twist, who has walked, or that Jade and her family have entered so there is plenty to leave a message about regarding CBB.

Leo is a twit as far as I'm concerned. He's so worried about his 'celebrity status'. Too bad Hasselhoff wasn't a filler celebrity if his other engagements are over. However, I think that may not happen. A rumour I heard was another family was entering the house. I'm not looking forward to that.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2007, 11:14:46 AM »
I haven't left a message yet on the voicemail.  Though, I think I may write an article tonight on the home page recapping the major events of the past week.  But, I haven't even seen Jackiey's eviction yet, so I am wicked far behind. 

I heard that more celebrities will enter the house this week.  Speculation is that it'll involve The House Next Door again because Danielle heard workers builidng over there.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
The TV watchdog has received 200 complaints from viewers that Bollywood star Shilpa is the victim of racist bullying.

Ofcom has reported the new troubles following the show's plummeting ratings and the walkout of three celebrities. The Indian beauty was branded a "dog" by disgraced former Miss Great Britain Danielle who blamed Shilpa for Carole's eviction on Friday night. Both Danielle and Jo have imitated Shilpa's Indian accent, while Jade's evicted mum Jackiey dubbed her "The Indian" and refused to learn how to pronounce her name. Some fans have been upset by what they believe is racist behaviour and have been voicing their concerns on internet forums. Housemate Jermaine thinks that Jade's gang - including JO and Danielle - are jealous of her and Ian told him he thought the house was turning into Lord of the Flies. A Big Brother insider said if producers thought there was abuse, bullying or racism going on, they would take a very serious view. But anti-racism campaigners are demanding BB bosses take action if it is proved Shilpa has been the victim of racially-motivated abuse.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2007, 03:57:53 PM »
Is Dirk Benedict next to walk out?

A-Team star Dirk Benedict has been putting on a grumpy face in the Celebrity Big Brother house, complaining: "This is such a girlie show." The 62-year-old A-Team star has compared the antics in the house with those in girls' dormitories. With Dirk snuggled up in a foul mood, singer Jermaine Jackson and Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty sat at his bedside listening to his moans. "I'm sure girls' dormitories are like this," Dirk huffed. "This is such a girlie show, that's why all the guys left. It drives you nuts!" Jermaine said he was "fed up of feeling the tension". Dirk, who played Templeton "The Face" Peck then vented his spleen about the younger housemates waking him up when they went to bed. Referring to the controversial arrival of the Goody family, he added: "And that family episode..." Dirk, who described himself before entering the house as "a recluse", also turned down an offer from Jade Goody to take part in a drinking game. This year's contest has lost some of the sparkle of former years, according to one of Britain's biggest betting firms. Bookies William Hill have seen less than half as much bet on the result compared to the same time last year and blame the downturn on the three "most interesting" housemates walking out and the failure of a clear winner to emerge. Bad boy rocker Donny Tourette was the first to go on Day 3, vaulting the wall. He was followed by snoring film director Ken Russell, who was granted a request to leave on Day 5 after a spat with Jade and her mother Jackiey. Songsmith Leo Sayer followed five days later in dramatic style, forcing his way through a door in the wall with a broom. "At this stage last year we had taken over £200,000 on who would win Big Brother and we have taken less than half of that figure," said Hills spokesman Rupert Adams.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »
The housemates did not like the Goody twist.  They were great to begin with, but now the only way these celebritys are leaving the house are through the diary room door, not the front door.  And I thought this season we wouldn't have as much quitters as Big Brother 2006. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2007, 02:17:47 AM »
I am here to give JamesUK a big  :welcome: !!  Glad you joined RFF! 
Have fun!  :yaya: 

(also, want say I'd probably watch Celebrity Big Brother UK, but don't think I have the channel....whatever it is!  ???   I only have 48 channels. )

Cheers!
Ruday ;D

Offline JamesUK

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2007, 02:48:13 AM »
Thanks Rudy - nice to be here!

Actually BB UK isn't being broadcast in the US at all - I think the only way the other forum members are keeping up with the goings on is by downloading episodes from the internet, anyone can do it though, it's quite easy!

I don't have much to say about Sunday night's episode except that Danielle is a bitch and blaming it on alcohol doesn't really wash with me! And that the Jackson 5 tribute band is easily the best moment of the show so far...

:lol:

James

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2007, 03:03:33 AM »
I didn't think it was being aired in the U.S.  Thanks for telling me!  :tup: If I DL'd it from Net, then could I save & play it on Windows Media Player?  Or from the player on a site?  If from a site, it will be choppy as heck.  I don't know why it does that on my comp.  I've checked my Internet Opts and everything is set right.  I can't get UTube either.  Takes forever and a day to watch a video!  :groan: 

I'm outa of here now! :nitenite:  What time is it in the UK right now, James? (if you're still here!)

Offline JamesUK

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2007, 03:24:54 AM »
Hi Rudy, when you posted that it was 9.03 am in the UK! I've just arrived at work hence my being here on the forum (LOL!)

I actually just rang and left my first voicemail for Rob and Trevor - I hope Rob's phone doesn't actually ring and wake them up at this time of the morning, LOL! I had fun leaving it but I have a feeling it was loooooong so won't get played.

We'll see on Thursday I guess!

Yes, if you download the episodes you can play them on your Windows Media Player, you don't have to stream them, You'll need fast broadband internet access though or each show would take days to download! I know the other guys here will be able to help you if you need it!

Cheers

James

James

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2007, 03:40:33 AM »
Hi James, I have a 56k modem, but the connection speed is usually 45.2.  I'm on Dial up.  If Broadband means DSL, I do not have it.  Maybe someday! 

Well I'm glad to know I can use WMP, b/c usually play just about everything on it. 

What is the Big Brother UK address to get the DL's? 

Thanks James! I'm really gone this time!  You have a wonderful day and thanks again for your help!  :tup: :waves:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2007, 08:57:07 AM »
Rudy, you need to download the episodes as torrents. You can find a good torrent site such as www.mininova.org. There you can download files called torrents. But you'll need a decoder such as bitlord. You can find that at www.bitlord.com. After the files are downloaded they will be on your computer and you can watch them at your leasure. Just make sure you have enough free space on your comp to save the episodes. If you have about 10 gigs of freespace, you have more than enough. However, as James was saying, with a dial-up access it may take a few days for each episode. Even with my highspeed download internet it can take four hours if there are not enough seeds to download from. Hope that helps. If you have any additional questions, feel free to PM me.

James, did you mention any CBB news? I still have not gotten to Sunday yet. Been very busy the past few days. Tonight American Idol starts and I need to watch that.

Offline JamesUK

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2007, 09:32:53 AM »
No, not much news - things seem to be settling down a bit now although the UK media is full of these racism stories, seems like fuss about nothing to me, it's just a bunch of girls being bitchy like girls always are!

You have to watch Sunday's episode just for the 'Tribute Band' task - you can safely skip through the rest though.

Best moment of the series so far!

James

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2007, 09:47:07 AM »
You know James. That is what I was thinking, but I thought maybe I was just being insensitive.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2007, 10:04:36 AM »
I'm still behind.    :wall: :'(  The next episode I am about to see is the Day8 eviction.

Hey, Ruday :waves: I see you've started an interest in BBuk!  Glad to see we may have a new person to chat about this soon!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2007, 10:36:28 AM »
Hey Mark!  :waves:  Thanks! 
Hi James!  Hey, all girls not bitchy.  At least not Me.  ;D  :umn:

Jeff, thanks for the info.  :tup:  I'll ck it out.  You think 56 gig is sufficient space?!  :lol:

Later~~

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2007, 11:00:04 AM »
Yes Rudy, that'll be plenty. I'm just worried about your download rate. But it's worth a try.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2007, 11:27:47 AM »
Just heard this on BBC Radio 2. Tony Blair has announced he's never seen the Celebrity Big Brother, but racism in all it's forms should be opposed. Cancellor Gordon Brown (currently visiting India) has said the treatment of Shilpa has been raised to him repeatedly. The ecconomic secretary to the Treasury has stated the controversy is an embarresment to the coutnry. This is a major news story in India.

Okay, I know this is not new news. I just thought it was interesting to hear this on the radio, as this is the first time I've heard any news about it there.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2007, 11:58:27 AM »
Big Brother row reaches Commons

Shetty, 31, is an award-winning Bollywood actress
A row over remarks made to Celebrity Big Brother's Shilpa Shetty will be raised in Parliament after thousands of viewers complained to the TV watchdog. Leicester East MP Keith Vaz said he tabled the Early Day Motion after being contacted by his constituents. Almost 10,000 complaints have been received by both regulator Ofcom and Channel 4, which broadcasts the show. Housemates Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara have been seen making fun of the Bollywood star's accent. We would not tolerate this kind of racism on other types of programme.

What is an Early Day Motion?
On Monday night's episode, O'Meara reportedly suggested that Indians were thin because they were always ill as a result of undercooking their food.

Show's influence
The trio also complained that Shetty had touched other housemates' food with her hands. Lloyd said: "You don't know where those hands have been." Mr Vaz said the motion, designed to raise matters of concern, emphasises the influence the show has on viewers. "We would not tolerate this kind of racism on other types of television programme and we should not do so on a programme that is watched by millions of people," he said.

Shetty's UK manager, Jaz Barton, told BBC Radio Five Live: "She didn't come into the house to have that sort of harassment. "She came in there with the full intention to actually embrace the public at large and to be proud of her culture and her heritage and who she is, and now she's faced with all this sort of harassment." 'It is a game' Her mother, Sunanda, told the BBC Asian Network her daughter was tough: "I hope that she will be able to handle the situation. It is a game and there is a life beyond that. "I understand her emotions but I really hope that she is not going to get too affected by this treatment that is being meted out to her."

Channel 4 had earlier described the incidents as "girly rivalry", but on Wednesday said it was taking the matter seriously. "Big Brother does not tolerate bullying or racist abuse in any form. Big Brother is closely monitoring all the housemates and will take appropriate measures to reprimand such behaviour where necessary," a spokesman said.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2007, 12:24:15 PM »
So much controversy, so many quitters.  Man, did I pick a wrong time to watch CBB. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2007, 12:27:08 PM »
Well, this is my first CBB also. James, it's not always like this is it?