Author Topic: Finale:This Tribe Will Self-Destruct in 5, 4, 3  (Read 23655 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Finale:This Tribe Will Self-Destruct in 5, 4, 3
« on: December 09, 2006, 11:42:54 AM »
Episode Detail: This Tribe Will Self-Destruct in 5, 4, 3... - Survivor: Cook Islands
The finalists are questioned by the jury members, who then vote for the winner. Jeff Probst is the host.
-------------------------------

Episode Detail: Survivor: Cook Islands Reunion - Survivor: Cook Islands
The winner is revealed as the 20 castaways reunite and are questioned by host Jeff Probst.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Finale:This Tribe Will Self-Destruct in 5, 4, 3
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 02:11:50 PM »
Very Intriguing Title.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 01:26:13 PM »
Survivor: Cook Islands — Finale Shockers Revealed!
by Ileane Rudolph

Survivor: Cook Islands
 "Think of Survivor like a letter from a loved one," says Mark Burnett, who created the reality show that's now coming to the end of its 13th season. "You recognize the envelope and the handwriting, but [inside] is a fresh letter." "Fresh" is a good word to describe what's coming up in the finale of CBS' Survivor: Cook Islands. In an exclusive sneak peek, Burnett and host Jeff Probst tell TVGuide.com how they'll upend hallowed traditions on Cook's finale airing Sunday, Dec. 17.
Cooking the Numbers: There will be three finalists (instead of the usual two) at the final tribal council. And with the size of the jury raised to nine (from seven), there's the possibility of a three-way tie in the competition for the $1 million prize. Not to mention a bigger dose of rancor, bile and wacko questions from cast-offs who make up the newly expanded jury.

Final Challenges: The finale begins busting protocol immediately with five players still in the game. Their first challenge, Burnett reveals, "is the hardest puzzle we've ever done, called Compass Rose." Challenge producer Dan Munday spent two days, "like a mad scientist, cutting pieces of wood," says Probst. " Finally, he showed us exactly how it comes apart and then asked us to put it back together. I quit after 30 minutes." It takes the winner 25 minutes to solve it, Probst reveals, adding that "this final five had the highest IQs of any final five." The final four's last immunity challenge involves balancing on a very small post, one that gets smaller and smaller — 10 feet above the water. "It required balance but also intense concentration and pain tolerance, because it was made of steel and was not comfortable," Probst explains.

Survivors' Reactions: How does the surviving quartet react to the news that there would be three headed to the final tribal council? "The reaction is mixed," says Probst. "A couple are excited because it gives them an extra shot at the million. But for the other two, there is a sense of dread — they realize the strategy they had been planning won't work. From an audience point of view," says Probst, "the best news is that you have at least two people who are likable and very deserving of winning, and for me, that is a home run. I'll be very satisfied that whoever wins is a good winner."

Live Doin's: The big prize will be awarded in L.A. "The coolest part of the finale is that we're re-creating the tribal-council shipwreck at the CBS studios," Probst reveals.

The finale changes come at the conclusion of a season marked by new rules and procedures — first and foremost, the racially segregated teams that opened the Cook Islands contest. Despite the loud, early criticism of the tactic, Burnett says he's proud of the season. "What it really showed is that the American public will embrace a diverse cast," he says. "And the number of applications from minorities is now getting larger, because they see they have chance." So who's going to win? We asked Burnett to handicap the six players still in the game.

Yul: "He has that dangerous combination of being extremely likable and extremely cerebral. He used the immunity idol in a very smart way, and it actually turned the game."
Ozzy: "He's one of the greatest challenge players we've ever had, up there with Terry and Colby. He certainly is a target."
Adam: "There's no question that we've focused on his alliance with Candice, but he's a very strong player. He might be more clever than we think." (Candice, who was booted a couple of weeks ago, was "near genius," says Burnett, but Adam was "her Achilles heel.")
Becky: "She may be playing a clever, silent but deadly game in that she's letting [her ally] Yul take all the heat [while], for much of the show, she has been under the radar."
Parvati: "Parvati's a good athlete and can be a very strong challenge player, and she's not afraid to use her sexuality."
Sundra: "Sundra has offended nobody, and is the kind of person who can go to the end because she's not seen as a threat. And if she gets to the end — everyone likes her."

And the future? Survivor: Fiji — the show's 14th edition, set on the South Pacific island — will likely debut in February. "It has an extremely unique opening episode," Burnett says. "There will be an Exile Island, but it's quite different, and the hidden immunity portion of the game has an interesting twist." And look for yet another new way to divide the tribes — and keep Survivor fresh.

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Interviews-Features/Article/default.aspx?posting={6392F801-4DB6-4668-9D71-0D5D74CCCA66}

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 08:51:13 PM »
Next time Sunday..........

VO:Who will be ultimate Survior....
Yul the brain
Ozzy the dominator
Becky the crafty one
Adam the outsider
Sundra the heart
Jeff: Ozzy Tarzans it!
VO:Three TCs one survivor
Adam: would like to get Idol out of yul's hands
Adam in confessional:"put up a fight"
Sundra in conf: "there will be hurt feelings"
VO:Biggest surprise yet!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:49:16 PM »
if these are new

Ozzy has the IIN

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 11:17:10 PM »
Clues:

* As the number of remaining tribemates dwindles down, one alliance is forced to think about turning on each other. Will this strong alliance finally crumble?
* At the immunity challenge, the survivors must complete an obstacle course that ends with the most difficult puzzle in survivor history. Who will capture this all important victory for a spot in the final four?
* Endurance is key factor in the final challenge for immunity. Who will be the last one standing to secure a chance at $1,000,000?
* The final survivors battle it out to convince the jury that they are most deserving of the $$$ prize. Who will walk away with the money and the title of sole survivor?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 11:22:37 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 08:08:04 PM by puddin »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 06:13:43 PM »
I can't wait! 47 minutes to go!  :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 06:17:58 PM »
 :cmas0 TexasLady! I didn't care all season who won one way or another now all I can think about is the final votes  :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 07:23:05 PM »
Ozzy wins the first immunity challenge the Compass Rose ! :cmas26

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 07:37:45 PM »
Shocking..  :cmas18

Adam was voted out  :cmas11

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 07:48:02 PM »
For the girl's to have gained respect for their game play and had a chance at the million they needed to force Yul into using the HII.  Then they could have voted out either Yul or Ozzy at the next TC. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 07:49:51 PM »
Fallen Comrades.. Zzzzzzzzz *snore*
For the girl's to have gained respect for their game play and had a chance at the million they needed to force Yul into using the HII.  Then they could have voted out either Yul or Ozzy at the next TC. 
They are to scared to make a decision ..I have a name for girls like that  :snicker:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 07:52:40 PM »
Oh and the jury looked like they hate Becky  :cmas11  but really liked Ozzy. They get sort of a stoned face for Yul when he talks.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 08:03:20 PM »
Jeff tells the Aitu 4 that 3 will play for jury votes
endurance challenge time for the last individual immunity
45 minutes in and Becky is the first one out of the challenge
1 hour into it and *whew* for Ozzy he almost lost it twice
Yul OUT
whoa whoa there Ozzy * whew*
2 hours now
2 1/2 hours
Sundra out! Ozzy wins final IC!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 08:07:47 PM »
 :woo2: Go Ozzy Go Ozzy!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 08:12:44 PM »
The guys are going to split there votes,,fairs fair let them " fire" it out at TC.
promethus says it lasted 2 hours and a jury member falls asleep! lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 08:17:37 PM »
votes
becky sundra becky sundra
tied! the HII does not come into play
FIREEEEEEEE  :flamemad: :camping:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 08:19:54 PM »
 :cmaslol

Jeff stops them and they go to matches  :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 08:21:12 PM »
Becky took 5 minutes just trying to light a match  :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 08:22:01 PM »
Sundra is OUT of matches  :rotf: Becky WINS  :cmaslol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 08:31:32 PM »
feast arrives

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 08:32:25 PM »
Surfer up against 2 lawyers.. lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 08:36:47 PM »
the jury hates Becky.. they are laughing at her  :cmaslol
I like Ozzy's speech
Sundra big smile
They wave to her
Ozzy smiling back

Ozzy takes off necklace
Jury smiling

Jeff: power shifts to jury....opening statements blah blah
Pavarti does that pout that she thinks is sexy

Yul: when I came here wanted to play certain way, I think I influenced the overall course of game, I think I played a key role, I won't lie that I had to manipulate but I stayed loyal to those who were loyal to me, would like your vote....

Becky: knew I would not be strongest or fastest (Adam shaking head) would have to rely on social game, if I gave my word I could count on it (Jonathan amused) asking for vote

Ozzy: from beginning I was underdog, my people voted out, scary position but didn't stop me, I said Hey I am here to play, came down to providing, if I didn't provide my ass was gone. I didn't try to hide who I was, came here and embraced every aspect of this game with my soul. I think my actions speaks louder than any words

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 08:38:47 PM »
commercial