Author Topic: EP11:' We Just Won't Die, Like Roaches' 11/26  (Read 87937 times)

Offline dolphingirl

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: EP11:' We Just Won't Die, Like Roaches' 11/26
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2006, 08:07:25 AM »
Who do you think says the episode title quote?  I'm thinking it's one of the Bamas.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2006, 08:36:42 AM »
why is it that their is only 3 numbers in the yield???

Maybe this is a different type of Yield. The first three teams to arrive pull numbers (1-3) and the last team automatically gets yielded. It's not as much fun because a team doesn't pick out someone to yield. It's more of a punishment for lagging behind like the mid-episode elimination in episode 1.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 09:17:40 AM by supsandalee »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2006, 09:36:33 AM »

Maybe someone's already taken one?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2006, 10:16:31 AM »
 :geekon:   Time to go to work! Now we have to get the kids from Kiev to Morocco...

Was it an extended pitstop? When will they leave? Chateau  could you please help figure out how far apart the teams were at the pitstop?  :please:
let's see...Helsinki-Kiev was on the 17th--they run around all day and the Cho's arrive in the dark...pitstop 12 hours/24 hours/or 36 hours? Leaving for Morocco on the 19th?

Now how do they fly? Into  Marrakech? It is 327 miles from there to the film studio...maybe a charter flight?

HELP!

I'll start to work on the flights out of Kiev... :hero:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2006, 10:29:26 AM »
The yield had numbers 2, 3, and 4 on it.

There is a cluebox in the background too.  It looks like the area of the chariot races.

The first mention of "Yield Ahead" is given at the 'Ninja' shop clue.  Okay, that's a guess!

One way to confirm if the Pit Stop was extended would be to find the buildings in the background of team Bama in their confessional.  Is that Kiev?  If it is then there was an extension.  The Chos confessional in daylight Kiev may be because they just stay extra time while the rest keep racing.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2006, 10:55:18 AM »
(Aside...I have some flights to share--saved to my Word--when I try to post it says my file is too big :( --how do I make it smaller, please?)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2006, 11:34:31 AM »
 :lol: now everybody call it a ninja shop too  :lol:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2006, 11:52:03 AM »
http://video.realityfanforum.com/tar101119.wmv

Looks like just a false setup - no hour glass present. 

Looks to be in same area as the chariot race.  So does the ninja shop come first, then the chariot race?

Where is bama when we see the other three teams at the movie studio set?  Are they so far ahead we don't see them, or so far behind.

This ep could very well be NEL, with all four teams moving on to Spain in the following ep with the need to come in first for the BQ's.   They get the dreaded "sorry to say that you are eliminated" treatment from Phil on the December 3 show.

Bama keeps stumbling along and somehow surviving.

The confessional of the love birds is indeed at the Kiev pit stop.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2006, 12:06:38 PM »
When the BQ's are in the Ninja shop you hear a voiceover from Dustin but Dustins lips aren't moving" I hate being last with a yield ahead of us ..its not good."
Dark, Bamas driving  Bama voiceover: " this is going to be fun"
Karlyn talking while driving ( dark ): (?)..definitly wants to yield Barbies
Bama voiceover:" what goes around comes around"

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2006, 12:15:09 PM »
ok no finish line next week. so if its elimination and no bq on tes we know where they are  :lol: :lol:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2006, 12:49:46 PM »
I thought the yield box photo looked strange at first but looking at TAR9 these are from when the hippies yielded MoJo. It looks like the hour glass doesn't go up until someone decides to use the yield. Guess all the pictures are hidden inside the box. Chateau has good eyes! I couldn't see 2,3 and 4.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2006, 01:35:30 PM »
Haha & BJ/T ended up coming in last that episode  :lol:

Clues! Yield is Roadblock/ Chariots ! It almost has to be the Barbies that Yield the Bama's right!? But later the BQ's get lost and have to wait at the Detour. Thats how I'm seeing it .. thats why James & Tyler say that the Barbies better stay clear of the Bamas.

ANIMOSITY ESCALATES BETWEEN TWO TEAMS WHILE RACING THROUGH MOROCCO WHEN ONE TEAM "YIELDS" THE OTHER
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, NOV. 26

"We Just Won't Die, Like Roaches." --
Animosity escalates between two teams while racing through Morocco when one team "yields" the other, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Nov. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.   
At the Yield, one team forces another to wait until the sand in the hourglass runs out before they can participate in the Roadblock.

At the Roadblock, the "yielded" team is forced to watch and wait from the sidelines as one person from each of the remaining teams get to experience the thrills of the gladiator days in a high-speed chariot race. 
One duo gets a flat tire on the way to a route marker and realize how much the stakes have risen when they watch the other teams pass them by without ever offering to help. 
After getting lost on the way to the Detour, one team arrives last and must wait for the other teams to finish the challenge before they can begin. 

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 01:47:43 PM by puddin »

Offline dokus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2006, 02:31:48 PM »
puddin, that does seem likely given the press release. The preview with the sort of too obvious hint that Bama will yield the BQs also support that idea.

Interesting!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2006, 02:41:50 PM »
At the Roadblock, the "yielded" team is forced to watch and wait from the sidelines as one person from each of the remaining teams get to experience the thrills of the gladiator days in a high-speed chariot race.
So puddin --since we clearly see everyone else, are we thinking that Bama gets yielded? Have to say I would LOVE that! Have to watch that preview with this possibility in mind...I've been thinking all along that the only way the Bama's could beat the BQ's is if they yielded them..might have to reconsider that, huh?

After getting lost on the way to the Detour, one team arrives last and must wait for the other teams to finish the challenge before they can begin

We don't know any tasks except the gladiator race, right? I want to know what the detour is!! :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2006, 02:52:19 PM »
I have no video yet of the detour or the other promo ..patience :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2006, 03:04:41 PM »
I have no video yet of the detour or the other promo ..patience :D
Not one of my best qualities ;D

(Aside...I have some flights to share--saved to my Word--when I try to post it says my file is too big :( --how do I make it smaller, please?)
  I'll go back to my flights but this girl needs a little help! :please:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »
can you email it to me?
###########
and I'll host it  :tup:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:56:49 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2006, 03:52:03 PM »
Okay--I tried--she says doubtfully....  ???

Thank you  puddin--you are so good to me! :thankyou:

:waves: edited to add ...attachments

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 04:02:28 PM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2006, 04:32:39 PM »
Haha & BJ/T ended up coming in last that episode  :lol:

Clues! Yield is Roadblock/ Chariots ! It almost has to be the Barbies that Yield the Bama's right!? But later the BQ's get lost and have to wait at the Detour. Thats how I'm seeing it .. thats why James & Tyler say that the Barbies better stay clear of the Bamas.

ANIMOSITY ESCALATES BETWEEN TWO TEAMS WHILE RACING THROUGH MOROCCO WHEN ONE TEAM "YIELDS" THE OTHER
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, NOV. 26

"We Just Won't Die, Like Roaches." --
Animosity escalates between two teams while racing through Morocco when one team "yields" the other, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Nov. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.   
At the Yield, one team forces another to wait until the sand in the hourglass runs out before they can participate in the Roadblock.

One duo gets a flat tire on the way to a route marker and realize how much the stakes have risen when they watch the other teams pass them by without ever offering to help. 
After getting lost on the way to the Detour, one team arrives last and must wait for the other teams to finish the challenge before they can begin. 

I think Bama gets yielded, and the BQs get a flat tire. ???

Offline dokus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2006, 04:53:40 PM »
^^ Isn't the flat tire established as Rob and Kim's though? In the preview I mean...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »
^^ Isn't the flat tire established as Rob and Kim's though? In the preview I mean...
thats right :nods:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2006, 05:15:12 PM »
I think Bama gets yielded, and the BQs get a flat tire.

Didn't we see the BQ's in a car saying: "Look R/K have a flat tire--don't stop!"  I know I saw that somewhere and don't think we've seen it on the show yet...

Here's what I'm thinking about flights...

If they take one of the flights above that arrive at night,(and if they can't get a flight by 9AM according to this they WILL arrive at night--and we see them driving at night!)-- they would have time to drive the 327 miles to the movie studio--do we know about what time of day the roadblock is? If it is first thing in the morning, then that would work. But it really depends on how long the Kiev pitstop is to determine which day/what time they can get a flight!

I'm thinking that the "in the shop" scene with D/K could be in the Marrakesh souks...

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 05:20:54 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline qing_her

• RFF Full Member
  • Amazing Race Addict
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2006, 10:20:24 PM »
Re; Flights...
There are also flights from Kiev to Ouarzazate, if they go directly to Ouarzazate.

This is via Paris (CDG) and Paris (ORL)

Kiev (KBP) - Paris (CDG): forgot which airline
Paris (ORL) - Ouarzazate (OZZ): Jet4You

--
Re: Yield.
I think there is an hourglass in Austraila (Season 9).

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:46:26 PM by qing_her »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2006, 10:24:43 PM »
This confessional look like it was shot right after R&K checked in.  They seem to have the same clothes (Rob has tossed on a jacket).  And the lighting is about the same as check in.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2006, 11:46:28 PM »
Thanks qing_her! I hadn't found that option and that would certainly make more sense. Wonder why/where they are driving in the dark?
RFF's Golden Rule: