Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 53617 times)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Heroes
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:30:48 AM »
Okay, I've been kicking around the idea of starting a thread on a non-reality TV show. Finally I figured we have one for Lost, and I'm starting to like this show just as much as Lost now. Anyone else checking this show out? I think it's going to be a new favorite. Things are really starting to get interesting.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
Re: Heroes
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:42:24 AM »
Looks like theres another non-reality tv show for us to talk about. Love this show as much as Lost.
Atleast with this show we get more a few more answers then we do with Lost.  :yess:

This show will be a new favorite for a lot of people.
The tribe has spoken....

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 11:51:39 AM »
I watch this show too!  I started watching it last week on NBC.com, and i saw all 5 episodes in 2 days.  I'm as addicted to it as I am LOST and the Reality TV genre. 

The thing I find funny about this show is the character Peter.  He can fly, he looks like Toby Maguire, he has a potential love interest, and his name is Peter P, and he's bent on saving New York City.  Sounds like he's a Spiderman copycat. 

I especially like the Japanese guy, Hiro.  He's a hoot to watch!

Bashful

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 11:52:17 AM »
I watched one episode so far and found it very addictive.  I've downloaded the episodes I've missed and now am taping shows.  The ep I watched was 2 weeks ago, I believe, and it showed Niki seducing another character at the end of the show.  Ali Larter, who portrays Niki, looks a lot like a young Diana Krall to me.  What I found ironic and interesting is that during her scene, there was background music of Diana Krall singing.  I'm sure that was no coincidence! 

I've read that there is also a comic online regarding this show, or the characters.  Has anyone checked it out?

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 11:54:46 AM »
Have not checked out the graphic novel yet, but from what I hear, it gives additional information not in the TV show.
As for Peter, I don't want to spoil, but his powers are a bit more than just flight. Once you start watching the later episodes, you'll see what I mean.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 11:57:25 AM »
I tried to get into the Online novel, but it took too long to load.  So I gave up.  Sounds like to me it's a play-off of The LOST experience. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 12:00:08 PM »
I'm hoping we get the answer to Nikki's blackouts tonight. If DL has phasing powers as it looks like in the promo for tonight. Perhaps he phases into Nikki causing the blackouts? Would also explain the "Nikki's not here" comments.

Thoughts?

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 12:02:34 PM »
Jeff is right, Peters power is not flying but I wont say anymore for those who still need to
catch up. I haven't seen a preview for tonights episode yet but will be looking forward to
seeing the new episode when I get in from work tonight.
The tribe has spoken....

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 09:33:16 PM »
Tonights episode was pretty good.  Not as good as the last 5 episodes, but still good.  I'm still wondering what Niki's husband (or whatever) did to her.  I may rewatch it. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 09:49:38 AM »
Yea, is Nikki dead? Why didn't she just tell him the money was there? And will we ever find out about the 'other' personality?
I guess it's possible she just had a normal split personality. Her alternate persona does seem to be evil and it looks like DL really wasn't bad after all.
I have a feeling we have not seen the last of Nikki.

As for what DL did to her, it looks like he phased his hand inside of her and partial materialized it. That would do quite a lot of damage.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 09:56:56 AM »
the whole thing with Nikki is her alter ego doesn't come out until she is in a mirror.  normal Nikki didn't know about the money..it was mirror Nikki that told her. i doubt she's dead her story hasn't totally unfolded...but that was some crazy sh|t with the hand going through he and as though she was being choked!!

well Peter can't fly this was revealed i think in the 2nd episode when he "jumped"...there is a family member who can though.

last night there were some more answers and more people are finding out what powers each have.  

Peter is played by Milo Ventimiglia .. who was Jess in Gilmore Girls...he also was in Bedford Diaries, American Dreams, Boston Public (he played undercover cop),

Ali Larter, final destination 1 and 2, house on haunted hill (which was on TV again Fri night), alot like love, jay and silent bob, legally blonde, drive me crazy,

Greg Gunberg (plays the cop who can read minds) is from Alias, Felicity, and others..

So there are a couple good actors in this show...is it going to be a full length series? or is it over at 7...imdb doesn't show more episodes other than 7...wait i correct myself one guy is showing 10

oh well we'll have to see
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 10:10:48 AM »
I need to double check, but I think I heard it was picked up for 22 episodes.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 10:31:36 AM »
we'll see if its picked up for another year...this year seems more like intro of characters
next year they can have more actual daily stories.  maybe it will be like a superman story with more heroes.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 10:45:18 AM »
I'm wondering if they will form into some kind of a team like Justice League or something.
I like this because there are no costumes or anything, it seems more like what would really happen if people had super powers.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 11:49:10 AM »
Wasn't Micah that brainiac kid from "My Wife & Kids" on ABC?  I saw the show a few times (never got into it), but I remember only watchig parts because his character was great. 

I knew I recognized Ali Later from the Final Destination series!  Love those movies.  And I read spoliers of future episodes, Nikki is definitely in the next episode (and alive). 

Yes, Jeff, Heroes was picked up for a full series run.  This is definitely the best new show of the season.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 12:17:47 PM »
I was listening to a podcast called ninth wonder. Oddly enough, there was comic of that last night in the episode. Is that what the online graphic novel is called?

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 01:23:37 PM »
yes that kid is from my wife and kids

for info on the characters go to
www.imdb.com
search heroes and it will tell you their filmography.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 02:44:13 AM »
Interesting comments!  I'm also really liking Heroes, but must admit I didn't like it initially b/c it seemed too way out there!

Need to watch this week's show before commenting further.

I like the Japanese bros...both real hoots!  :lol3:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 09:07:55 AM »
What I love about the Japanese guys is the way the show displays its subtitles.  They're shown anywhere on the screen, and it makes their stoy much more intriguing.  LOST should do that for Sun and Jin centric episodes.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 09:18:05 AM »
It will be interesting to see Hiiro when he has more control of his powers. I also can't wiat for Peter to hone his skills. Wonder where the scar will come from? I think those two must become good friends.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 10:15:55 AM »
only way to find out is to watch!!!

monday night isn't that far away =)

Bashful

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 10:33:57 AM »
Michael Ausiello

Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Question: Heroes poop, please?— Kerry

Ausiello: Repeat after me: "Shag the cheerleader, save the world!" Or not. During a conference call yesterday with reporters (including TVGuide.com's Matt Mitovich), Milo Ventimiglia dismissed the possibility of a Peter-Claire hookup. "She's in high school, she's 17, so that's going to be the story of Never Gonna Happen," he maintained. "At least not legally, for a while. There's a definite connection that Claire develops with Peter, but Peter has a connection with all the characters he comes in contact with, as a nurturer, caretaker." Meanwhile, Milo's TV bro, Adrian Pasdar, confirmed what I hinted at a few weeks back: Nathan's soon-to-be-seen wife, played by Rena Sofer, is in a wheelchair as a result of an accident. "There's a sense of guilt that has permeated Nathan's existence since this accident, which we get into in Episode 7. It's also an accident that shows something that we... can't really talk about too much. We get information from this accident on a few fronts, not just the one that explains why she's in a wheelchair."

Question:  Do you have any scoop on Heroes?— Beth

Ausiello: Hiro's getting a honey! In the Nov. 13 episode, he crosses paths with a lady (Jayma Mays) on his way to New York, and she steals his heart. Oh, and Friday Night Lights fans will get a kick out of where they meet: a diner near Odessa, Texas.

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 12:02:20 PM »
Thanks for the interview, Bashful.  I have to admit, Claire (the cheerleader) is quite the hotty.  She's only a few years younger than me.

And I didn't know Nathan had a wife, and she was in a wheelchair!  Looks like we got another Wheelchair character who we don't know how they got into the wheelchair (cough cough LOCKE)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 12:09:13 PM »
Nathan told Nikki he was married when they were in the hotel room.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 12:11:25 PM »
yup i remember that