Author Topic: EP7: " I Wonder if This is Going to Make my Fingers Pickle." * Vidcaps!*  (Read 61971 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP7: " I Wonder if This is Going to Make my Fingers Pickle." * Vidcaps!*
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 06:44:19 AM »

The white sail boat could be from a hotel @ Flac beach and then ...  :hallo3
Rob's beach doesn't look like a hotel beach. Maybe exile island  :jam:
From http://www.maurinet.com/cities.html

"Grand Baie owes its popularity to the enchanting quality of its emerald waters and to its liveliness by day or by night. It offers facilities for safe swimming, sailing, windsurfing, and water skiing. Grand Baie also hosts a variety of fashion and craft shops, hotels, restaurants, and night-clubs. It is the departure point for helicopter excursions, and it provides facilities for deep sea angling and for boat excursions to the islands to the north of Mauritius: Gunners' Quoin, Flat Island, Round Island, and Serpent Island."

Offline dolphingirl

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2006, 08:17:15 AM »
Who does it look like who's doing the roadblock for Dustin & Kandice?  Isn't that Dustin & Kandice at the Roadblock with Rob & Kimberly?  I can't quite keep Dustin & Kandice apart   :hallo3

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2006, 09:28:35 AM »
Kandice is the taller one; she is seen getting into the boat. What's interesting about the video is that all team members are geared up, which wouldn't be necessary if one team member was sitting it out; maybe it was more convenient for the hotel/production that way.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2006, 10:21:46 AM »
Since they are boarding at a dock and jumping off on a sandy beach I was thinking they actually go somewhere.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline dolphingirl

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2006, 10:23:06 AM »
Thank you  :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2006, 11:27:05 AM »
cbs.com ( still waiting on the press release  :hallo17 )

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2006, 06:16:34 AM »
I think the title might refer to making pickles ... even fish pickles.  Just a hunch because I have not been able to track down solid leads.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2006, 10:51:19 AM »
YaY the webmonkeys finally woke up ! I hope this episode doesn't spend umpteen minutes in the airport :hallo17.
OK so its most likely not a ToBeCont...the clue makes mention of the pitstop.

Press Release:
TEMPERS FLARE AT THE AIRPORT WHEN ONE TEAM BOOKS TICKETS FOR AN ALLIED TEAM FURTHER BACK IN THE TICKET LINE, CAUSING MAJOR HOSTILITY AMONG THE REMAINING TEAMS, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, OCT. 29

"I Wonder If This Is Going To Make My Fingers Pickle" --
*Tempers flare at the airport when one team books tickets for an allied team further back in the ticket line, causing major hostility, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Oct. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

*While racing through the streets of Mauritius, one team has a major scare when they crash their car into a bus. 
*Another team has trouble getting their car into gear and must watch as all the other teams pass by them. 
*Meanwhile, two teams create an alliance but wonder if the bond is strong enough to bring them to the end. 
*Could the race to the Pit Stop among friends mean the demise of another alliance?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2006, 10:54:04 AM »
YaY the webmonkeys finally woke up ! I hope this episode doesn't spend umpteen minutes in the airport :hallo17.
OK so its most likely not a ToBeCont...the clue makes mention of the pitstop.

Press Release:
TEMPERS FLARE AT THE AIRPORT WHEN ONE TEAM BOOKS TICKETS FOR AN ALLIED TEAM FURTHER BACK IN THE TICKET LINE, CAUSING MAJOR HOSTILITY AMONG THE REMAINING TEAMS, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, OCT. 29

"I Wonder If This Is Going To Make My Fingers Pickle" --
*Tempers flare at the airport when one team books tickets for an allied team further back in the ticket line, causing major hostility, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Oct. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

*While racing through the streets of Mauritius, one team has a major scare when they crash their car into a bus. 
*Another team has trouble getting their car into gear and must watch as all the other teams pass by them. 
*Meanwhile, two teams create an alliance but wonder if the bond is strong enough to bring them to the end. 
*Could the race to the Pit Stop among friends mean the demise of another alliance?

meaning dustin and kandice 1, rob and kimberly 2, tyler and james 3, cho's 4, lyn and karlyn 5, david and mary 6

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2006, 11:19:57 AM »
The clue sure screams the backpacker alliance.Could just be another Non Elim..? I can't wait for the Early Show update!
Could the race to the Pit Stop among friends mean the demise of another alliance?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2006, 01:14:14 PM »
Could the race to the Pit Stop among friends mean the demise of another alliance

What if this is the new alliance.... I think new alliance is D/K and T/J. Plus they have showed the barbies before saying they like the boys but not sure they can trust them. ANd the boys making a comment about being in the back of the pack and barely staying in the game each week.  We know there is bunching some where... for the Barbies and the surfer boys to be at airport together.  That sucks when they have a FF then there is bunching so the lead does not help. 

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2006, 01:29:14 PM »
Could the race to the Pit Stop among friends mean the demise of another alliance

What if this is the new alliance.... I think new alliance is D/K and T/J. Plus they have showed the barbies before saying they like the boys but not sure they can trust them. ANd the boys making a comment about being in the back of the pack and barely staying in the game each week.  We know there is bunching some where... for the Barbies and the surfer boys to be at airport together.  That sucks when they have a FF then there is bunching so the lead does not help. 

the detour is first followed by the roadblock and BQ are in the lead from the video and pics we have. this is screaming lyn and karlyn and david/mary

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2006, 01:41:13 PM »
I think the friends are the back-packers as the clue says " another alliance" after the Barbie/Tyler& James clue.
put it all together and it should be something like this:

*Tensions spark when one team books tickets for another team further back in line at the airport.
*Tempers flare at the airport when one team books tickets for an allied team further back in the ticket line, causing major hostility.

*Car accidents plague the teams as they race through harsh terrain.
*One team crash's their car into a bus.

*engine problems plague the teams as they race through harsh terrain.
*Another team suffers car trouble.Will these misfortunes cost someone the race?

*A spontaneous alliance forms between two teams. Is it real or are they just using each other to get ahead.
*Impromptu alliances form and splinter as favors are exchanged.

*Who will be the next team eliminated?

Barbies help Tyler & James get tickets, Barbies ~ vs~ the Lyns.
Barbies fender bender with the bus.
Rob & Kim can't get the car in gear ( could be other teams with engine problems too?)
Spontaneous alliance ,Barbies & Tyler/James.
Another alliance " friends" = the backpackers.
Mary & David Eliminated?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2006, 01:43:17 PM »
I think the friends are the back-packers as the clue says " another alliance" after the Barbie/Tyler& James clue.
put it all together and it should be something like this:

*Tensions spark when one team books tickets for another team further back in line at the airport.
*Tempers flare at the airport when one team books tickets for an allied team further back in the ticket line, causing major hostility.

*A spontaneous alliance forms between two teams. Is it real or are they just using each other to get ahead.

Barbies help Tyler & James get tickets, Barbies ~ vs~ the Lyns.
Barbies fender bender with the bus.
Rob & Kim can't get the car in gear ( could be other teams with engine problems too?)
Spontaneous alliance ,Barbies & Tyler/James.
Another alliance " friends" = the backpackers.
Mary & David Eliminated?

looks good to me  :hlol :hlol :hallo25

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2006, 01:46:44 PM »
the detour is first followed by the roadblock and BQ are in the lead from the video and pics we have. this is screaming lyn and karlyn and david/mary
How do we know the Detour is first? Kims hair is down at the Roadblock, Izabela's video, then we see her tie it up.
Later we see Rob & Kim hoping off a boat and her hair is up.
I always had the feeling the Roadblock came first but thats my opinion and you know what that means  :hallo13.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2006, 02:21:19 PM »
How do we know the Detour is first? Kims hair is down at the Roadblock, Izabela's video, then we see her tie it up.
Later we see Rob & Kim hoping off a boat and her hair is up.
I always had the feeling the Roadblock came first but thats my opinion and you know what that means  :hallo13.

im asuming because usually they switch off

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2006, 03:19:33 PM »
I meant hopping not hoping off the boat << spell check that :hlol .

eta: Izablea "the couples started showing up between 10-11am "
The teams are awful bunched right?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:30:39 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »
The run-of-the-mill flight search gets you from Kuwait to Mauritius on Kuwait Airways flight 675 leaving at 10:10 pm and arriving at 9:25 am on Sunday the 11th. 

Working the airport a little will get you on Olympic Airlines flight 346 to Paris (connection in Athens) leaving at 3:40 am (not all teams could make this flight) and arriving at 12:05 pm.  Then you take Air France flight 996 leaving at 3:55 pm and arriving in Mauritius at 5:00 am on Sunday the 11th.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2006, 05:05:55 PM »
Order of arrival, Pit stop: Al-Sadiq Water Towers

Mary/David
Dustin/Kandice
Rob/Kim
Kar/Lyn
Edwin/Godwin
James/Tyler
:bar:

:meow:

Boodai Avaition ( thanks Chateau d if )

Roadblock
Izabela : witnessed a Roadblock on June 12 at the Merville Beach Hotel,Grand Baie.

1) Barbies complete the Roadblock first.
2) Rob and Kim second,5 minutes after the Barbies.
3) Tyler & James arrived 10-15 mins after the leading couples.This 3rd team seemed to catch up some time with this roadblock but still left 3rd.
We counted 5 couples come and go within about an hour
4)The Chos, 20 mins after the 3rd team.
5 or 6)The Lyns were in the top five but last.
5 or 6)Mary (geeky lori?)& David unsure?
One final point - there were 6 kayaks on the beach - perhaps a FF meant someone avoided this task? ( some confusion here )

6 Canoes
Barbies arrive first
Rob & Kim arrive second
Production holds the 2 leading teams up.
Dustin helps Kandice and gets yelled at to get out of the water by Rob & the Crew.
Kim paddles off second

Detours ?? unknown
Rob & Kim

Kar/Lyn

Lyns with David & Mary ( ?)
Models jumping in Tyler & James going up? Rob waiting ?

introflash, the Isla Mauritia ( probably shot by production at Merville Beach..used for the Detour. )
Clues:

Barbies" their with us. ( Tyler/James )
Bama's" NO! you can't DO THAT!
Barbies "its not in our best interest to help Tyler & James but I was really kind of like " the Bama girls to me today !?"
Clues:

Barbies" OMG! are you OK?"

Clues:

Rob"@#$#%# can't get the car in gear..then you do it! ,I'm done!"
Clues:

Mary" I'd sacrafice a million $$ for the friends I made.."

misc:

*engine problems plague the teams as they race through harsh terrain
introflash:
Lakshmi statue at Holy Lake in Mauritius.( thanks Slowhatch !)
Slowhatch: I found this diving map that shows the approximate location of Merville in relation to Grand Baie. And this official map (pdf; 3.6 mb) shows the whole island in detail (use the zoom in your pdf reader); Grand Bassin looks like it's the dead end of the "tea trail" road through Grand Bois and Bois Cheri.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 10:13:40 PM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2006, 06:25:08 PM »

harsh terrain = Rob's exile island  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2006, 06:56:07 PM »
Maybe thats it banzai!!  :jumpy:

I don't now how to do that attach kmz thingy but found sort of a flower ring

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2006, 07:18:33 PM »

Some of the crop circles have North and South markers and Chateau can use them to calculate the time but somehow this one marks differently  :hallo3 So I guess all of them are out of alignment. We're out of luck.  :hallo23

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2006, 08:27:04 PM »

:jumpy: You got it right by the placing the schooner there. Just kayak out to the Isla Mauritia and grab a clue. I don't think the ship is the pitstop. Maybe the temple is the pitstop.  :hallo3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2006, 09:28:55 PM »
I wasn't leaning that way, heck I didn't even think of that banzai. I suppose TPTB could rent the isla marada  :hallo3 ? They have daily excursions but I'll have to find the link.

I found this diving map that shows the approximate location of Merville in relation to Grand Baie. And this official map (pdf; 3.6 mb) shows the whole island in detail (use the zoom in your pdf reader); Grand Bassin looks like it's the dead end of the "tea trail" road through Grand Bois and Bois Cheri.

Always looking for potential pitstops..they showed the Grand Bassin for some reason?
Besides the Tea Factory & the chamarel falls, we have the Colonial House near Bois Chéri or “Saint Aubin” .