Author Topic: Janelle & Will's TV Guide interviews *good read !*  (Read 2556 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Janelle & Will's TV Guide interviews *good read !*
« on: September 12, 2006, 04:22:59 PM »
BB's Will and Janelle Take on Showmances
by Angel Cohn

Janelle and Will, Big Brother 7: All-Stars
 The past week in the Big Brother: All-Stars house has been a little bit topsy-turvy. Erika and Janelle finally realized that Mike and Will were using each of them as an alternate member of Chill Town, and Janelle evicted her favorite flirtatious fella, Will, last Tuesday night. Then on Thursday's episode, Mike managed to win the Head of Household competition and decided to take Erika instead of Janelle to the final two. TVGuide.com caught up with Dr. Will Kirby and Janelle Pierzina to get their takes on their budding romance and their summer in the Big Brother house.
First up, Janelle...

TVGuide.com: I didn't see your eviction coming. I thought for sure you'd win the final HOH competition.
Janelle Pierzina: I don't know. There was nothing I could do, I lost those last few competitions and I was screwed. I knew I was toast.

TVGuide.com: Well, you've got a lot of fans on the outside. Do you know that when you are in the house?
Janelle: No. Even last year when I did it, I was thinking that people were going to hate me. But then I came out and they were like, "We really like you," and I was so surprised.

TVGuide.com: Did you think going into the house that you'd make it this far?
Janelle: I thought I'd be gone week one or two because I had this huge target on my back. Everyone watched last year; I was with Season 6, and they all knew how competitive I was.

TVGuide.com: Your Season 6 alliance lasted a while then started to crumble. What happened?
Janelle: It did fizzle out. I think Kaysar bonded our alliance together and after he left we lost James. That's when things started to go downhill.

TVGuide.com: Did you consider altering your strategy and laying low for the summer?
Janelle: I couldn't, that wasn't an option for me. I couldn't throw competitions; I had to play to save myself. [Everyone] was always after me so I had to win. I couldn't do the floating strategy or be under the radar, it was impossible.

TVGuide.com: Do you think Mike made the right choice keeping Erika and sending you home?
Janelle: I do. He couldn't beat me. I think on a personal level he likes me more and he admires my game play more, but he knows that he couldn't beat me.

TVGuide.com: What do you think of the whole showmance concept?
Janelle: Dangerous. They are fun. Especially being a female, you kind of want that protection from someone. With Will and I, we talked a lot and we ate together and worked out together; I was with him all the time. It is great to have someone who understands you and you have a closeness. It is great to have that in the house, it makes you feel good.

TVGuide.com: Were you nervous about voting Will out of the house?
Janelle: I wasn't nervous about it. I do care about Will because he is a great friend of mine, and I'm not one to play someone and lie to them. I had him believing up until the moment that he was evicted that he was absolutely safe. I don't like to hurt people.

TVGuide.com: Do you think that bodes well for a friendship on the outside?
Janelle: Absolutely, Will and Boogie and I will definitely be friends. We're kind of similar people in a sense, on the outside of the house.

TVGuide.com: What about Marcellas, you two seemed to have an on-again/off-again relationship.
Janelle: He's kind of a flip-flopper. We were so tight the first two weeks, and when I lost power he abandoned me. That was a huge mistake on his part because I felt kind of used.

TVGuide.com: You won a lot of challenges — did you have a favorite? 
Janelle: Probably the one with the [voodoo] dolls because I felt like, "These people are psycho and they want me out of the house [and I have to win]." Even James wanted me out. I wanted to win it to kind of throw it in their faces.

TVGuide.com: There was some controversy about you wrestling the doll out of James' hands.
Janelle: Oh, he's so crazy. First of all it was the wrong doll, second of all we both grabbed it at the same time, and he was the one to wrestle me down to the ground. I was thinking, "Why are we wrestling over this freakin' Howie doll?" Then I thought about it and was like, 'It's Marcellas!" So I just dodged for the Marcellas doll and got it before he did, and he was so pissed.

TVGuide.com: Why'd you decide to go back on Big Brother this summer?
Janelle: Why? To win the money!

Next, Will...

TVGuide.com: Hi, Will.
Will Kirby: [Sings] "Just call me angel in the morning…." Probably not the first time you've heard that. How are you?

TVGuide.com: Good. You've entertained me all summer long.
Will: Aww… I bet you say that to all the boys.

TVGuide.com: Did you get to flirt with Julie again on the CBS morning show?
Will: A little bit. Julie's into me… I think. It's cool.

TVGuide.com: She seemed a little stunned on your eviction interview when you said you thought that the two of you had chemistry.
Will: Good point. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: Who is the real Dr. Will?
Will: Good question. I tell people that it is really two completely different things. Who I am in my real life is not what I do on TV. I'm not an actor, but it is my one avenue where I get to express myself and have a little bit of fun with it. I just try to be a persona and try to be a character on the show.

TVGuide.com: Do you want to be an actor?
Will: No. I'm a physician, that's not what I like doing.

TVGuide.com: So you really still like your day job?
Will: I love it! I'm going to be on Dr. 90210 for E!

TVGuide.com: You have this successful career. Why go back?
Will: You tell me. I regret it. I never should have gone back. I don't know what I was thinking. My ego wouldn't let me not go back. It just wasn't a great idea for me and I probably in retrospect should not have done it time-wise.

TVGuide.com: So at the beginning of the season when you were begging to be voted off, you were serious?
Will: I was completely serious. I was totally ready to walk out the door then. I didn't bother me at all. Unfortunately it backfired on me and [although] I was totally comfortable leaving, instead it got me stuck there.

TVGuide.com: So you didn't have a plan going in?
Will: My plan was to help Mike Boogie going in, and I feel like I accomplished that.

TVGuide.com: You kept saying all season that you have a girlfriend, did you warn her about what goes on?
Will: My girlfriend won the show For Love or Money; her name is Erin Brody.

TVGuide.com: So she's familiar with the whole flirtmance concept.
Will: Yeah. We just spoke, it is definitely an issue, but she loves me very much and I love her and she hopefully is going to understand. She understands what she saw is not really who I am.

TVGuide.com: How'd you convince Big Brother to let you do the joint diary-room sessions with Janelle and Mike Boogie?
Will: We just kind of snuck in with it. At the time I didn't really think it was a big deal.

TVGuide.com: Anything on the show that you regret doing?
Will: Oh, everything. I was such a loudmouth and it was just so malicious and the flirting was ridiculous. Honestly, I'm just really embarrassed by my behavior overall. It was just appalling to me and I can't believe I did it and I don't know what I was thinking.

TVGuide.com: Who came up with Operation Double Date?
Will: It think it was a joint venture. Boy, that backfired, huh?

TVGuide.com: Yeah, did you see that coming at all?
Will: A little bit. You just start spouting off and you know it is going to come back and bite you, and that is exactly what happened.

TVGuide.com: You prided yourself on throwing competitions. Which one did you really have to try to throw?
Will: My favorite one that I threw was the bull-riding one. Let me tell you something: Do not eat 19 pieces of sushi and then try to ride a mechanical bull.

TVGuide.com: What is up with your obsession with Neil Patrick Harris?
Will: OK. I'm a physician and I watched Doogie Howser, M.D. growing up and I just really like the guy. I think he's hilarious on my favorite show on television, How I Met Your Mother. I don't know why, if it was the stars aligned or what, but I kind of put it out there that I liked him a lot and then he just showed up. Maybe it is favoritism, maybe it is just an incredible coincidence. Who knows?

TVGuide.com: Did you base your house persona on Barney?
Will: That is exactly what it is! That's a great way to look at it. I literally took what I thought was a funny character and put it into reality.

TVGuide.com: Did you coin the term "showmance"?
Will: Yeah, that's my one claim to fame.

TVGuide.com: In either season, did you ever think that your showmance might turn into something real?
Will: My advice to anyone on reality TV is that, despite the name, it is not real, and you really need to get to know someone outside the show. Are people physically attracted to each other? Of course, that's totally human nature and I think that happens to everybody on a show. But for me, this season especially, it was just a fauxmance or a nomance. Showmances take place on every show, but I think I have a realistic perspective on those things.

TVGuide.com: Were you surprised that the other players didn't try harder to break up Chill Town? You two wore T-shirts proclaiming your alliance.
Will: I'm shocked that we made it as far as we did. It was the most brazen alliance in the history of reality television. That wasn't accidental; we're hoping to make a run for The Amazing Race next. We're hoping that CBS sees us as funny and outgoing, with a malicious side, but a positive energy and they want to consider that. We knew going in there that people were going to target us and so we said, "Why not make a joke of it and be the biggest target possible?"

TVGuide.com: What's next for you when you get out of sequester?
Will: Oh, god. I'm trying to patch things up with my girlfriend — I'm clearly in the doghouse with her. I love her to death and I really want that to work out.

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Interviews-Features/Article/default.aspx?posting={49C5BDFF-0511-483B-9258-0CE49959AA4D}