Author Topic: Location of the big brother house  (Read 6261 times)

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "You say that to all the girls..."
Location of the big brother house
« on: September 11, 2006, 04:00:48 AM »
I heard it is on an old CBS Lot near the Airport. Do they use the same BB house for every season? Because I don't remember that back when CG was on it the first time. And at first this season CG couldn't find the diary room, so it has to be a different one right? I remember on the first BB they used to fly planes by with messages for the houseguests like...." So and So is lying to you CG"......or  "Your boyfriend isn't mad at you Jamie".....stuff like that. The names may be wrong, but the messages were flown over and sometimes gave things away. I guess they put a stop to that too.
AT THE END OF THE DAY, IT'S STILL JUST THE END OF THE DAY!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Location of the big brother house
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 10:37:46 AM »
Season 6 BB built a new house Kimmie  .

Offline Meadows317

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 12:18:56 PM »
lol people really flew planes over with messages?   Thats funny!      I didnt start watching BB till last season, I normally cant stand reality tv

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 03:48:17 PM »
Yes, and it was hilarious! The houseguests would hear planes flying over and drop everything and run outside to see if there was a message for them. I guess different groups of people, or family members would hire the plane, buy the banner, and fly it over for them. I guess BB put a stop to that, because I haven't seen it done since.

Offline Seanaci

• RFF Full Member
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 04:17:37 PM »
Perhaps CBS was able to get a "No-Fly Zone" instated for wherever the house is.

My mom was thinking it was totally inclosed now (the house and the BY), but because of the sunlight and stuff, we're thinking not. But, I dunno. :P

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 04:22:20 PM »
I think they made mention a couple of times about a plane going by overhead. But I could be wrong.

Offline Seanaci

• RFF Full Member
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 05:07:20 PM »
I think they made mention a couple of times about a plane going by overhead. But I could be wrong.

Come to think of it...you might be right. However, it could have just been a goof by the pilot of the plane? :P

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 05:31:26 PM »
If you want to sort through the live feeds there are pictures of a helicoptor over head . I think there was 1 banner this season and quite a few last season ..remember last season it said something about Jblow & April ?The HG's weren't allowed to talk about it .

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 05:49:16 PM »
If I remember correctly the one this season was pretty early on, because Kaysar was still in the house and I remember Will saying it was a message to him(WILL) even though he didnt see it, but someone mentioned seeing a certain word on it(dont remember what it was) that prompted Kaysar to say, "FOr all we know it said Waz up Kaysar?" And WIll commented on how he thought Kaysar was full of himself for saying that.  I tend to believe Kaysar was probably right though.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 06:08:13 PM »
Yeah we were never clear on that Mary :yaya:

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 06:13:16 PM »
Hi Puddin!!!   Sorry I've ababdoned the Feeds..but I CANNOT deal with watching B & E..LMAO When I called to cancel my feeds they asked me why I was cancelling..and I said " I got the feeds to watch BB7....now that it's only B & E I can't watch!!! So I dont need them anymore"  LOL  The guy laughed at me!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 06:34:47 PM »
 :lol: the guy I talked to today asked me who my fav was and I said Janelle .. he told me that they were slammed with people dropping there feeds that night . Then he asked me who I  want to win and I told him neither but if I had to pick it would be Mike ..I guess ..dont really care . He was surprised cuz he thought a girl would want a girl to win .  :snicker:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 09:51:22 PM »
Perhaps CBS was able to get a "No-Fly Zone" instated for wherever the house is.

I do remember a plane or two flying over the house this season. The guests had to be put on inside lockdown 'cause of it.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Pretender

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 10:14:52 PM »
From what I have heard and read, CBS has used the same lot for all the seasons.  Between season five and sesason six they demolished the house and added a second floor and gave it a loftier feel.  I don't really know how to describe it because BB7 is my first real season. 

If anyone is interested, you can go to Google Maps and look at a satalite picture of the area.  The cross streets are
 radford ave and valleyheart dr, los angeles  Just copy and paste.  Then zoom in and scroll east a little.  I was born in LA (lived in Glendale) and although I don't live their now I know the area quite well.  Burbank airport is very close, only a hop, skip, and a jump away, if that location is indeed the house.  I guess now they have a no fly zone or stricter rules or maybe I am wrong and BB is not on the same site as previous seasons.

Also, I only think that that is the house.  I am not 100% sure.  I have seen it on other sites and spent a bit of time looking for its location.  (I know, I have no life.) 

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4926/zoomclosess0.png  <-- A close zoom. 

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1826/zoommedyu6.png   <-- A medium zoom. 

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2577/zoomfarra1.png   <-- A zoom from afar. 

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 10:26:41 PM »
The first shot -- the closest zoom you have -- looks like it. There appears to be an oversized chess board in the top right hand corner. As for the other two shots? Well, I can't really tell. I can't see buildings.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 11:10:28 PM »
oh wow thanks pretender !

Offline Pretender

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 11:23:42 PM »
The second and third shots were just to give you the general idea where the house is location in relation to more notable parts of LA.  If anyone is in the area and they could stop outside on the stree and take pictures that would be pretty cool. LOL

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »
Thats great Pretender, thanks. Puts it in a little more perspective thats its just a game to see it on the cbs lot. I was thinking it was a different house because George couldn't find the diary room when they were calling him to it the first time. Maybe it was just because it was remodeled though. But then again, what do I know?  ???

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 01:53:56 AM »
Oh. (Call me stupid, then. Or at least slow.)

Anyway, thanks for the pictures, Pretender. :)