Author Topic: Why not $1,000,000?  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "You say that to all the girls..."
Why not $1,000,000?
« on: September 10, 2006, 08:11:14 PM »
Has anyone else wondered why BB (which I believe is the best reality show ever!) contestants don't get a one million dollar prize? Almost every other reality show gets 1 million as the top prize. I mean even "Deal or No Deal" has a one million dollar prize for the winner.

I know a lot of people are mad about the final two the last couple seasons, but I think BB is sooo good, and I don't understand why they don't think they deserve as much as the other shows. Is it because they get to live in a nice house and most of the time get to eat good food? Are they trying to compensate for them not having to live outside and eat rice or fish that they catch?

I don't know....seems like the game play would be upped a notch or two if they were competing for a bigger prize. The backstabbing, lying, etc would be taken to another level. And there may be less throwing of comps too.

Anyway, I mainly wondered what everyone else thought of this. I'm kind of new on this board just 2-3 weeks and if this has already been discussed, I apologize.
AT THE END OF THE DAY, IT'S STILL JUST THE END OF THE DAY!

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: Why not $1,000,000?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 08:12:31 PM »
Well, I think at this point its more about tradition. Its always been $500,000, so, to keep it in the spirit of BB, they will keep it that way! :)

Rob

Offline Will4Pres

• RFF Full Member
  • I Thought There Was No Chill Town
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 08:18:25 PM »
With all the money they spend paying all the HG's i bet the bill is close to a Million with the grand prize 2nd now America's choice bonus and all the peeps in sequester

Don't all the people who make it to sequester make like 40g's, I'm pretty sure i heard how said something like big deal 2nd place is only 10g's more then i'll make this season

But i assume that 2nd would get 50 plus the bb paycheck ?
Just a guess

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "You say that to all the girls..."
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 08:39:37 PM »
someone said their stipend comes out of the winnings. That doesn't seem fair because it would almost use up their winnings if they weren't the big winner.
AT THE END OF THE DAY, IT'S STILL JUST THE END OF THE DAY!