Author Topic: Sites up !!  (Read 5262 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Sites up !!
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:16:47 AM »
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor13/

:woohoo:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Sites up !!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 09:21:09 AM »
Alot of new faces to look at, new names to learn, and a new winner to crown.  Ahh  Survivor season is back!!! And it looks like we have 4 tribes again!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 09:33:43 AM »
Four tribes divided by race !!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 09:39:08 AM »
CBS ANNOUNCES 20 NEW CASTAWAYS FOR
"SURVIVOR:  COOK ISLANDS"

Twenty New Castaways Set To Compete When The 13th Installment Of The Hit Television Series Premieres on Thursday, Sept. 14

Ethnically Diverse Cast To Initially Be Organized
 Into Four Tribes Divided Along Ethnic Lines

CBS today announced the 20 new castaways who will compete in SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS when the 13th installment of the Emmy Award-winning series premieres Thursday, Sept. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS will feature the series' most ethnically diverse cast to date.  The castaways will initially be organized into four tribes divided along ethnic lines (African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic and White) before merging in a later episode.

In addition, throughout the series, at least one castaway each episode will be banished to a separate island (Exile Island) miles away from camp.  While being separated from the tribe is not desirable, the castaways will learn that there is a hidden Immunity Idol somewhere on Exile Island.  If found, this Immunity Idol could save an individual from being voted out at a future Tribal Council.

(More)

CBS Television...2

Castaways that will be competing in SURVIVOR:  COOK ISLANDS (in alphabetical order) are:

REBECCA BORMAN
Laurelton, N.Y.
Make-Up Artist

ANH-TUAN “CAO BOI” BUI (Pronounced Cowboy)
Christianburg, Va.
Nail Salon Manager

SEKOU BUNCH
Los Angeles (originally from New York)
Jazz Musician/Recording Artist

J.P. CALDERON
Marina Del Rey, Calif.
Professional Volleyball Player

CRISTINA CORIA
Los Angeles
Police Officer

STEPHANNIE FAVOR
Columbia, S.C.
Nursing Student

BILLY GARCIA
New York (originally from Miami)
Heavy Metal Guitarist

ADAM GENTRY
San Diego, Calif. (originally from Fredericksburg, Va.)
Copier Sales

(More)

CBS Television...3

NATHAN GONZALEZ
Los Angeles
Retail Sales

JENNY GUZON-BAE
Lake Forest, Ill. (originally from Melrose Park, Ill.)
Real Estate Agent

YUL KWON
San Mateo, Calif. (originally from Flushing, N.Y.)
Management Consultant

BECKY LEE
Washington, D.C. (originally from Pittsburgh)
Attorney

OSCAR “OZZY” LUSTH
Venice, Calif.
Waiter

CECILIA MANSILLA
Oakland, Calif. (originally from Arequipa, Peru)
Technology Risk Consultant

SUNDRA OAKLEY
Actress

JONATHAN PENNER
Writer/Producer

PARVATI SHALLOW
Los Angeles (originally from Atlanta)
Boxer/Waitress

(More)

CBS Television...4

JESSICA SMITH
Chico, Calif.
Performance Artist/Rollergirl

BRAD VIRATA
Los Angeles (originally from Seattle)
Fashion Director

CANDICE WOODCOCK
Fayetteville, N.C.
Pre-Med Student

SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS is hosted by Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Inc.  Mark Burnett and Tom Shelly are the executive producers.  Doug McCallie and Kevin Greene are co-executive producers.

For more detailed information on SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS and the 20 new castaways, log on to www.cbs.com/survivor.  For more information on the Cook Islands, log on to www.cook-islands.com

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 09:47:20 AM »
Survivor to Divide Teams by Race
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 23, 2006 09:00AM EST

By Alexis Chiu

Fueled by critics who slammed its lack of diversity, CBS's Survivor has unveiled a new twist for its upcoming season: Contestants will be divided by ethnicity.

When it premieres Sept. 14, Survivor: Cook Islands will feature 20 castaways divided into four tribes: black, white, Asian and Latino.

"We're going to take some heat for it," says creator and executive producer Mark Burnett of the twist, which was announced Wednesday morning. "But it's a great cast."

For a show entering its 13th season with steady ratings but ebbing buzz, the decision could be a shot in the arm if it once again generates Survivor water-cooler chatter.

"Some people will think this is controversial. Others will think, 'What's the big deal?' " host Jeff Probst tells PEOPLE. "Either way, it's going to be very interesting."

Along with the usual real-estate agents and struggling actors, the cast of characters competing for the $1 million purse includes a heavy-metal guitarist, a female police officer who has been shot in the line of duty, a Vietnam War refugee who manages a nail salon and a gay fashion director for a denim company.

The segregated Survivor grew from an effort to diversify a show that has featured primarily white contestants (and winners – only two of the 12 winners have been minorities). "We've taken a lot of flack," says Burnett.

But Probst says the main reason for the Emmy-winning show's largely white complexion was a dearth of minority applicants. "Most of the people who apply are white," he says. "That's just a fact."

In response, the Survivor casting team scouted for a more diverse group of players everywhere from the Internet to audition tapes for another CBS show, The Amazing Race.

Until the tribes merge later in the season, the four teams will battle each other and, perhaps, racial stereotypes. "There are going to be people looking for stereotypes: Will this tribe be smarter than this tribe, or will this tribe be faster than this tribe?" says Probst. "That's why I think it's fun. But five people on a tribe do not represent an entire ethnic group."

Set in New Zealand's Cook Islands, the location of the famous mutiny on the HMS Bounty, this season features a pirate theme, including Tribal Councils held on an elaborate shipwreck set built into the rocky coastline of a local island.

Whether one ethnicity ends up plundering – or walking the plank – "This is a game that starts very even," says Probst. "Everybody starts the same way with the same materials and the same chance: a 1-in-20 shot at a million bucks."

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1304035,00.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 09:50:05 AM »
New 'Survivor' A Race Among Races

NEW YORK, Aug. 23, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(CBS) In just a couple of weeks, the new season of "Survivor" takes 20 castaways to the Cook Islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

They will be split into four tribes, but how they will do that is guaranteed to be a talking point. For the 13th installment of the series, producers have yet another controversial way to begin the game: 20 people, four tribes — each divided by race.

Jeff Probst is back as host of "Survivor: Cook islands" and spoke with The Early Show co-anchor Harry Smith about the controversial new season, which premieres Sept. 14 at 8pm ET on CBS.

Smith asked Probst whether the new way of dividing the "Survivor" contestants was a good idea for a reality show.

"Well, that's probably one of the reasons it will be interesting and controversial, maybe, as you say. I know, from where I sit, I found it to be one of the freshest ideas we've had going back to the beginning of this show in season one," said Probst.

Smith asked him if this new twist was taking the reality show too far.

"I think at first glance, when you just hear the idea, it could sound like a stunt. Especially with the way reality has gone, it wouldn't be unusual. But that's not what we're doing here. The idea for this actually came from the criticism that 'Survivor' was not ethnically diverse enough," he said. "Because, for whatever reason, we've always had a low number of minority applicants apply to the show. So we set out and said, 'Let's turn this criticism into creative for the show. I think it fits in perfectly with what 'Survivor' does — it is a social experiment. And this is adding another layer to that experiment, which is taking the show to a completely different level."

How did the new players react when they were told they would be divided by race?

"The reaction was mixed. (Contestant) Yuhl wasn't sure. Yuhl was concerned we were going to turn this into something that would show stereotypes and reinforce them," Probst said. "On the other hand, you have people like Rebecca, who said, 'I don't really care how you divide it because I know that I need a certain amount of people to be on my side to help me get through this.' Ultimately, to win this game, you're voting people out that are then on the jury that have to come back and vote for you. So, the person who wins is actually going to do the best job of merging with all different ethnicities."

Smith asked Probst if he thought the tribal divides would divide the viewing audience as well.

"I think it's very likely," he said. "In fact, our original idea was simply to have the most ethnically diverse group of people on TV. It wasn't until we got to casting and started noticing this theme of ethnic pride that you're alluding to. So, yes, I think it's very natural to assume that certain groups are going to have audience members rooting for them simply because they share ethnicity. At the end of the day, I think it will come down to what it always comes down to: who do I like?"

Probst announced the new crop of castaways and the tribes that they will be divided into:

African-American Tribe:

Make-up artist, Rebecca Borman, 34, from Laurelton, N.Y.

Jazz musician and recording artist Sekou Bunch, 45, of Los Angeles

Nursing student Stephannie Favor, 35, of Columbia, S.C.

Retail salesman Nathan Gonzalez, 26, of Los Angeles

Sundra Oakley, 31, an actress from Los Angeles

Asian-American Tribe:

Nail salon manager Anh-Tuan "Cao Boi" Bui (pronounced Cowboy), 42, from Christianburg, Va.

Attorney Becky Lee, 28, of Washington, D.C.

Management consultant Yul Kwon, 31, of San Mateo, Calif.

Real estate agent Jenny Guzon-Bae, 36, of Lake Forest, Ill.

Fashion Director Brad Virata, 29, of Los Angeles

Hispanic Tribe:

Heavy metal guitarist Billy Garcia, 36, of New York

Professional volleyball player J.P. Calderon, 30, of Marina Del Rey, Calif.

Police officer Cristina Coria, 35, of Los Angeles

Waiter Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth, 25, of Venice, Calif.

Technology risk consultant Cecilia Mansilla, 29, of Oakland, Calif.

White Tribe:

Copier salesman Adam Gentry, 28, of San Diego, Calif.

Writer-producer Jonathan Penner, 44, of Los Angeles

Boxer-waitress Parvati Shallow, 23, of Los Angeles

Performer-roller girl Jessica Smith, 27, of Chico, Calif.

Pre-med student Candice Woodcock, 23, of Fayetteville, N.C.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/23/earlyshow/series/survivor/printable1926528.shtml

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 10:14:23 AM »
Youa re so on the ball....20 people . ..  SO we must have to have some double evictions.  Plus I hope they do nto stay divided long as with All stars, htey will quickly realize they just do not want to be last, second is okay

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 10:33:46 AM »
Man ther esure are alot of New Yorkers on this cast of 20!!

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 06:21:23 PM »
Cool Pudding..thanks for all this..can't wait.   :kuss:
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 11:11:42 AM »
The new teams of Survivor - clockwise from top left:
The Aitutaki (Hispanic-American Tribe),
the Raratonga (Caucasian-American Tribe),
the Manihiki (African-American Tribe),
the Puka Puka (Asian-American Tribe)

http://www.survivorfever.net/s13_tvg_8_28.html

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 12:56:50 PM »
puka puka?   :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: nice name for a tribe  :lol:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 09:24:49 PM »
Found out why these names are picked, courtesy of Wikipedia.org

Aitutaki, traditionally known as Araura, is one of the Cook Islands, north of Rarotonga. It has a population of approximately 2,000. Aitutaki is the second most visited island of the Cook Islands.

Rarotonga is the most populous island in a group of islands known as the Cook Islands, with about 9,500 residents. Because it is the most populous island, Cook Islanders may be referred to as Rarotongan, but they may in fact come from one of the other 15 islands in the group, such as Aitutaki or Mangaia.

Manihiki is an island in the Cook Islands known as the Island of Pearls. It is a triangular atoll 1160 km north of Rarotonga, and is said to be one of the group’s loveliest islands.

Pukapuka is the primary island of the Danger Islands in the northern Cook Islands