Author Topic: Is Survivor 8 the last?  (Read 7696 times)

Offline Brown Guy

• RFF Sr. Member
    • My Site!
Is Survivor 8 the last?
« on: August 10, 2003, 01:28:50 AM »
I was cruising through the tvguide canada website and i stumbled upon a page that listed all the renewals and pickups for shows this fall. What i was surprised to see was that Survivor was only renewed until the end of season 8. ??? Wats going on? Ive heard mentions of dozens of more survivor seasons. Visit the page and see for yourself @

http://www.tvguide.ca/update/renewals.html
A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around!
~John Tudor

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re:Is Survivor 8 the last?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 01:57:57 AM »
I just checked out the site and saw exactly what you saw.  "renewed until end of season 8".  Perhaps they have runned out of places to hold them.  Or maybe they have runned out of money.  I am sure it costs alot of money to set things up in the beginning.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 09:13:44 AM »
Yeah, but think of the ad dollars that CBS gets from a season of Survivor. They HAVE to make money on it, or they would be stupid to keep it around this long. I don't think Survivor will be going anywhere for a while. (I hope)
Rob

Theresa

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 09:27:14 PM »
It could just mean that is when the current contract is up.  Not nessarily that it will be the last one.  Let's hope.

Theresa

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 12:14:28 AM »
That makes sense Theresa.  I guess if they negotiate a new contract they can ask for more money when it comes to airing the ads.

Offline JellyBean1727

• RFF Newbie
  • Survivor Rocks! Been there since s2!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 10:43:16 PM »
I hope it's not the last one, what will I do w/out my Survivor fix?! Sorta like a drug to me.  ;D But then again it helps me too man! I'm sure I'm not the only one with emotions!  :'(

Kirkman

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 01:05:06 PM »
I don't know what's going on?  
Survivor is one of the best cbs shows.   ???

Offline chipscher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV
    • My personal page
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 02:12:54 PM »
Survivor is not going the way of the Dodo, Besides the CSI: series, it is the most consistent top 10 performer. If you look on CBS's website, they are taking applications for another series after the All-Stars, probably for next fall season. In the information page, they are seeking people to film this summer in an undisclosed location.

Offline buck

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 05:34:33 PM »
I heard the all stars was the last show. But if you watched the last show, Jeff did say to go online and submit an application if you would like to be on survivor. So  hopefully they will continue.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2003, 10:43:13 AM »
Yeah, I think apps for Survivor 9 are being taken! But I am not sure about that! I think CBS will use Survivor until it doesn't make money anymore, and that might take a while!

Rob

Offline chipscher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV
    • My personal page
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2003, 03:54:22 PM »
On CBS's website, the application says shooting will be in summer, and air in teh fall. According to Entertainment Magazine, Survivor is the 3rd most watched program in prime time, behind CSI and Friends. Being Friends is in it's last season, Survivor will move up hopefully! As long as Survivor is a top performer, CBS shouldnt pull the plug. As far as production costs go, they are minimal compared to other shows. The biggest expense is hotle rooms for the crew. I hear that countries and locations give CBS money, or give cost breaks to film there (publicity)> Also General Motors and other sponsors kick in millions. The show is obviously very profitable, or it wouldn't have survived (pun intended) 8 seasons and counting.